cambridgeshire canary

Gerrard to Villa is on

34 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Best England midfielder of his generation by a country mile but i am sure you will disagree.

Not fit to suck Paul Scholes' toes in my view.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
Taste
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

100% this. Lakey on a wind up again.

I'm really not. I just don't like him, never have. Alway slooked sullen and barely able to put two words together in his younger days, couldn't adapt well to a different style with England for a long time, so never took to him.  If he decided to turn up, he was brilliant, but plenty of occasions - especially for England, he just didn't look that up for it. Never tried to widen his horizons either, by looking for new challenges later in his career after  he had won everything with Liverpool, like Keegan and other Liverpool players before him. Even now, he is only managing other teams so he can get back to Liverpool.  Can understand the adulation by Liverpool fans for one of their own, but other than that, underwhelmed by him.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Don't much like Villa, don't much like Gerard. Perfect fit.

That’s a shame Lakey because Steven Gerrard speaks really highly of you 😁

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not fit to suck Paul Scholes' toes in my view.

I did say of his generation and Scholes last game was in 2004 and Gerrard played 2000 until 2014 for England.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm really not. I just don't like him, never have. Alway slooked sullen and barely able to put two words together in his younger days, couldn't adapt well to a different style with England for a long time, so never took to him.  If he decided to turn up, he was brilliant, but plenty of occasions - especially for England, he just didn't look that up for it. Never tried to widen his horizons either, by looking for new challenges later in his career after  he had won everything with Liverpool, like Keegan and other Liverpool players before him. Even now, he is only managing other teams so he can get back to Liverpool.  Can understand the adulation by Liverpool fans for one of their own, but other than that, underwhelmed by him.

Never tried to widen his horizons says the man who stated Emi should have stopped at Norwich!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Never tried to widen his horizons says the man who stated Emi should have stopped at Norwich!! 

Yes, spent another year to develop his career before moving to a better club than Villa, not to keep him here permanently!

Presuming we're fishing in similar/nearby waters, this should clear the way if we're waiting on any decisions.  Only prem league job out there right now?

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, spent another year to develop his career before moving to a better club than Villa, not to keep him here permanently!

Villa will come good Lakey, the quality there is undeniable. 

Good chance for Stevie G to prove what he can do in the PL to put himself in the hat for when Klopp departs.

As for us, nothing changes, we need to be careful in appointing the right person to keep us up

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Villa will come good Lakey, the quality there is undeniable. 

Villa seem a bit like that lot down the road, only much more up-market.

Whatever they try, whoever manages them (Lambert, Sherwood, DiMatteo, Bruce,) whoever they buy (McCormack >>> Buendia?) never seems to quite come off. I've lost track of investors.

Everything eventually goes bananas. Smith has been their most successful for some time.

For a club of their stature, support, facilities and history I feel that they should have become established among the big boys long ago.

Not keen on them, though, and favoured the Blues when living there.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Pymer said:

I hope that for both the club and him, it goes well.  I have always admired him, not only for his football, but the way in which he has conducted himself.  It's possible I'm poorly read, but I've never heard anything untoward about his private life or the way in which he deals with colleagues or opponents.  Can't say that for some others. 

Just one reservation - that things going well for them doesn't affect the Canaries in any critical way, especially this season.

Google Steven Gerrard 'gangster'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560616/Soccer-star-gangsters-Steven-Gerrard-murky-depths-Liverpools-underworld.html

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Villa seem a bit like that lot down the road, only much more up-market.

Whatever they try, whoever manages them (Lambert, Sherwood, DiMatteo, Bruce,) whoever they buy (McCormack >>> Buendia?) never seems to quite come off. I've lost track of investors.

Everything eventually goes bananas. Smith has been their most successful for some time.

For a club of their stature, support, facilities and history I feel that they should have become established among the big boys long ago.

Not keen on them, though, and favoured the Blues when living there.

Underperforming massively, probably on par with us this season. More funds I’m sure for Gerrard in January to complement the quality already there. You prefer Brum ? along with Wolves fans they know how to intimidate when visiting the West Midlands. 

Well we've unceremoniously binned a manager better than Smith and if we appoint Smith or Lampard then in my mind the club is a joke.

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

The Rangers fans aren't very pleased...Russell Martin has been touted as a replacement. 🤣

Apples

Aye they are not a fan of Russell Martin.

3 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

A057351C-C1D8-4E93-972C-923E0D83A9C8.jpeg

It always gives me a laugh to remember when he was interviewed and the questions got more personal and domestic at the end once the football questions ended  (What's your favourite TV programme  etc) and asked what was his favourite cheese he replied "Melted".

• Haha 1