cambridgeshire canary

Gerrard to Villa is on

I hope that for both the club and him, it goes well.  I have always admired him, not only for his football, but the way in which he has conducted himself.  It's possible I'm poorly read, but I've never heard anything untoward about his private life or the way in which he deals with colleagues or opponents.  Can't say that for some others. 

Just one reservation - that things going well for them doesn't affect the Canaries in any critical way, especially this season.

• Like 2

Made a great start to his career in management and now has a club that should be upwardly mobile. 1 step closer to the Liverpool job  Good for him.

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't much like Villa, don't much like Gerard. Perfect fit.

Just what was it that distracted you from the highly successful and wealthy footballer Stephen Gerrard in the first place?

Agree about Aston Villa, 100%

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Pymer said:

I hope that for both the club and him, it goes well.  I have always admired him, not only for his football, but the way in which he has conducted himself.  It's possible I'm poorly read, but I've never heard anything untoward about his private life or the way in which he deals with colleagues or opponents.  Can't say that for some others. 

Just one reservation - that things going well for them doesn't affect the Canaries in any critical way, especially this season.

Gerrard has calmed down a lot, put his bar brawling days behind him.

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Just what was it that distracted you from the highly successful and wealthy footballer Stephen Gerrard in the first place?

Agree about Aston Villa, 100%

errrr...........errrr...........now let me see.......

Safe place to go really, no threat of relegation if he gets that squad going and also no expectation to be too 4. He stabilises them, wins a couple of high profile games and gets them in the top 10 and it will be mission complete. Treading water and PL experience as he waits for the Liverpool job.

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Villa getting their man in before us #clubsajoke

You may joke but it doesn’t reflect well does it. The new coach needs to be in place this week. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

You may joke but it doesn’t reflect well does it. The new coach needs to be in place this week. 

Yep, not having a new man in within 3 or 4 working days of sacking the last one is disgraceful. It's almost like they might be daring to interview multiple candidates or evaluate their options before making a huge decision impacting the football clubs short and medium term future.

The cretins.

• Like 11

So it could be Stephen Gerrard managing Emiliano Buendia .... I wonder how that will go.

Emi has had a mixed start at Villa Park with the few decent moments hardly amounting to value for  £38m in potential fees and a reported £80, 000 per week wage.

Will Stevie boy ignite that genius?

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

errrr...........errrr...........now let me see.......

I actually met him (briefly) once in the plebs tent at Aintree. I was introduced to him by my hosts (not hostesses, I hasten to add) for the weekend. Ivy and Big Brenda.

He seemed quite personable, as he has usually come over. No big time Charlie that's for sure. Called City "those yellow b-uggers."

He has done quite well in Scotland, but I still feel that it will be a bit of a risky appointment for Villa. Like us, they need an instant turn around of fortunes.

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Am surprised at this one, thought he would stay there until Klopp left Liverpool. Risky move as if he fails at Villa he won’t get Liverpool

If Gerrard signs a 2 and a half year deal with Villa, that will be very convenient as Jurgen Klopp only has 2 and half years left on his current Liverpool deal. Would imagine they’d prefer to see him get some PL experience as a manager before taking him on, if indeed that is the plan.

Roy hodgson it is then. No interview needed as he's mates with Delia. Been to a few games too. Worrying appointment if it happens

Could see him doing well there.

As far as our new manager / coach appointment goes, I'd rather the take their time and get it right. Who's the best for the job?

No idea at all

56 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't much like Villa, don't much like Gerard. Perfect fit.

Any reason for the Gerrard hate, other than he is a name.... bit like Lampard. If he was an unknown Norwegian would you have him as manager? 😜

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Any reason for the Gerrard hate, other than he is a name.... bit like Lampard. If he was an unknown Norwegian would you have him as manager? 😜

Never liked him as a player. Can't remember why, just too Liverpool maybe.

Villa showing Webber how it’s done, no fuss, no delay just identify your man and get it sorted quickly 

we probably won’t start looking for a manager for a few days yet 

clubs a joke 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Never liked him as a player. Can't remember why, just too Liverpool maybe.

You would have loved him if he had played for City though

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

You would have loved him if he had played for City though

No. I wouldn't. Never left Liverpool to widen his horizons and clearly only managing different clubs until he can go back there to manage. So a bit insular and narrow minded, not that intelligent either. Villa are welcome to him. Couldn't have gone to a better club from our point of view.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

No. I wouldn't. Never left Liverpool to widen his horizons and clearly only managing different clubs until he can go back there to manage. So a bit insular and narrow minded, not that intelligent either. Villa are welcome to him. Couldn't have gone to a better club from our point of view.

“I wouldn’t have loved one of the best midfielders of his generation playing for Norwich because he, *checks notes*, showed loyalty to his boyhood club”.... makes sense.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Best England midfielder of his generation by a country mile but i am sure you will disagree.

By the way Lakey i hate Liverpool but credit where it is due.

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Best England midfielder of his generation by a country mile but i am sure you will disagree.

By the way Lakey i hate Liverpool but credit where it is due.

100% this. Lakey on a wind up again.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Pymer said:

As long as you let him play "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins he's basically fine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/i-was-gutted-that-he-wouldn-t-play-my-song-gerrard-told-police-1757476.html

• Haha 2