cambridgeshire canary

Emma Hayes enters the betting odds

Some of the comments on this thread are f***ing horrendous, though unfortunately not surprising.

Especially given who is making them. Disgusting pr!cks stuck in the a mentality that should never have been there in the first place.

They've managed to take football out of it completely and confirm their pathetic, archaic idiocy.

Can't wait for the day these dinosaurs' opinions and behaviour truly are a thing of the past.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Some of the comments on this thread are f***ing horrendous, though unfortunately not surprising.

Especially given who is making them. Disgusting pr!cks stuck in the a mentality that should never have been there in the first place.

They've managed to take football out of it completely and confirm their pathetic, archaic idiocy.

Can't wait for the day these dinosaurs' opinions and behaviour truly are a thing of the past.

Oh no are you triggered? 

Has your woke, feminist, programming been set off? 

You poor little soldier, perhaps you should go and have a lay down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If she has the same levels of dealing with big egos like the female bosses I’ve had offshore then I’m all for her! The best two lead & OIM I’ve worked for have been female and they were brilliant at their job and dealing with all personnel/stressful situations.

3 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Oh no are you triggered? 

Has your woke, feminist, programming been set off? 

You poor little soldier, perhaps you should go and have a lay down. 

Nah. I'm just not a complete c unt.

Funny how having a moral compass is something to be belittled.

Does it occur to you what you're actually attacking here?!

11 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

All well and good but you're missing 2 key elements.

1. The level of the football

2. The level of the players being coached

I'm not saying any of this to be disrespectful to her or any female coach but stats alone tell you nothing.

I could apply for the job because I manage a youth team that hasn't lost for 3 years and I'm a qualified coach so am I to be considered; of course not.

I've deliberately left that context out as there is much debate as to what the WSL is equivalent to, but based on the league one level then Austria could be a fair analogy, so let's pretend it's the Austrian league instead and see if that changes the opinion. Also, I was only applying the se logic as Alex moss was to people's opinions on lampard (though in that case it was dragging peoples opinion up, not down)... All through this thread Ive repeatedly said that I'm not for or against this, merely trying to get people to approach it in a fair and considered manner.

Your final point though is pretty silly though.

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Nah. I'm just not a complete c unt.

Funny how having a moral compass is something to be belittled.

Does it occur to you what you're actually attacking here?!

Nothing to do with moral compasses. It's pure pragmatism.

No reason on earth why we shouldn't have a female head coach, but they'd have to prove themselves in the men's game first.

At present Hayes is operating at a level equivalent to boys under 15 level at best. It would be insane to replace Daniel with someone with that level of experience.

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

No reason on earth why we shouldn't have a female head coach, but they'd have to prove themselves in the men's game first.

At present Hayes is operating at a level equivalent to boys under 15 level at best. It would be insane to replace Daniel with someone with that level of experience.

I agree that I think she is unsuited. My issue is the people that took anything anything matters out of the equation. 

The sooner this truly dies out the better.

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

While concur with experience, likening her to boys level is pretty insulting, women’s football is fully professional and her coaching badges are the same as any male.

I’d wager she’s better at her job than Lampard based on her CV, yet her status will never be regarded anywhere near Lampard in the male game.

Not that she’s experienced enough to take the job here, but certainly shouldn’t insult the lady, she’s got the cv to say she’s good.

Edited by Indy

33 minutes ago, Indy said:

While concur with experience, likening her to boys level is pretty insulting, women’s football is fully professional and her coaching badges are the same as any male.

I’d wager she’s better at her job than Lampard based on her CV, yet her status will never be regarded anywhere near Lampard in the male game.

Not that she’s experienced enough to take the job here, but certainly shouldn’t insult the lady, she’s got the cv to say she’s good.

No matter how professional women's football may be or whatever the badges may say the playing level is on a par with U15s (at best). This means that you have no real way of comparing ability.

As Daniel demonstrated you can be incredibly successful at one level & fail badly at the next one up. Any coach, male or female, would have to have some credibility at a low level in the man's game (most likely non-league) before moving up the divisions. I can't see any other way you could demonstrate your ability, no matter how talented you were. Of course, as with young footballers, if you have the talent you'll soon get spotted & your career fast tracked. But you need a comparable place to start from.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cornish sam said:

I've deliberately left that context out as there is much debate as to what the WSL is equivalent to, but based on the league one level then Austria could be a fair analogy, so let's pretend it's the Austrian league instead and see if that changes the opinion. Also, I was only applying the se logic as Alex moss was to people's opinions on lampard (though in that case it was dragging peoples opinion up, not down)... All through this thread Ive repeatedly said that I'm not for or against this, merely trying to get people to approach it in a fair and considered manner.

Your final point though is pretty silly though.

Of course my final point is silly but I was making a point that basing a discussion around someone's record without having any context is just as silly.

Let's also not forget the draw and contacts that managers have; ie ex players, relationships with ex managers etc.

Emma Hayes hasn't got the contacts to add this value and neither would our friend in the Austrian league whoever he would be.

She may or may not make a good manager in the men’s game. Someone will no doubt take the risk and find out. But right now our club should not be taking that particular risk. We don’t need to snd we certainly should not do so to be seen to be woke or right on!

5 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I'm just amazed at how many 'male feminists' there are these days?

EB159902-C0A2-4347-BEE3-758743ECBFF6.thumb.jpeg.8f4b5dd4a9be1437e5e95dbc2bd09472.jpeg

dont worry about them mate, there’s only one reason they are doing it

Brownie points

Emma Hayes doesn’t need defending 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Similarly it's amazing how many bigots and misogynists there still are these days......not that I'm accusing you of such things, obviously............

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I'm just amazed that people won't just pay for it if they're still virgins well into adulthood.

Edited by canarydan23

16 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm just amazed that people won't just pay for it if they're still virgins well into adulthood.

Go for it then....

Make sure you wear a mask.

25 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Similarly it's amazing how many bigots and misogynists there still are these days......not that I'm accusing you of such things, obviously............

Cornish Patsy.

42 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Go for it then....

Make sure you wear a mask.

Why? Use your imagination, you don't actually have to go face to face with them. You've seen enough p0rn to know that, surely?

2 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

How’s your mother’s basement these days? Do you have to bring a heater down there as the night draws in? Mum brings you a nice hot drink every now and then?

Amazing how many are still stuck in the dark ages and talk about "mens" football and "womens" football.

Are the goals the same size...yes.

Is the penalty area the same size...yes.

Is the centre circle the same size...yes.

Are there 11 players in a team...yes.

Is a game 90 minutes long...yes.

There is only one game, its called football. 

Norwich prides itself on being an inclusive community club. So many on this thread seem to justify their misogynistic views with "Of course I'd really love to see a woman in charge BUT just not at our club at this moment in time and in our situation".

When would be the correct time?