cambridgeshire canary

Emma Hayes enters the betting odds

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Yes, it would be funny from that point of view.

But realistically Emma Hayes would need to prove herself in the men's game at a lower level first, before being considered for a Premier League job.

Did Phil Neville have to prove himself in the women's game at a lower level before being given the England Women's job? 

I mean, I actually agree with you, MK Dons or something would be a good one for any manager to cut their teeth and progress to a bigger club.

But this is the point that women will counter with, justifiably. 

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Did Phil Neville have to prove himself in the women's game at a lower level before being given the England Women's job? 

I mean, I actually agree with you, MK Dons or something would be a good one for any manager to cut their teeth and progress to a bigger club.

But this is the point that women will counter with, justifiably. 

No, because the people hiring in women's football know that men's football is at a better standard.

29 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me, you are vile. 

So vile you spotted it straightaway. Lighten up please do.

58 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Farke was often criticised for his substitutions so it would be interesting to see who she pulls off first in a game.

The 1970s want their attitude towards women back.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why women don't feel safe around male police officers.

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

MK Dons or something would be a good one for any manager to cut their teeth and progress to a bigger club.

MK Dons, then moving to a club like Swansea perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

MK Dons, then moving to a club like Swansea perhaps?

To free up Russell Martin to come home to his mummy?

Moving a club hundreds of miles and trying to steal its trophies was a pretty brave and innovative move, so I'm guess I associate MK Dons with being ground breaking.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

To free up Russell Martin to come home to his mummy?

I think he’d prefer to go to his sugar daddy at Brighton.

Maybe one day but it's not the right time for us at the moment.

Something like the Barnsley job might be better for her where there will be more time and patience given to develop something.

The premiership is already a media circus ****show full of dirty money and egotistical players, we don't need more for the circus. This isn't a slant at her at all, more the situation. It would quickly become an impossible job for her whatever she did.

Should we be back down in the championship and sat mid table in need of inspiration and a rebuild then I'd be more open to it. The same goes for if she'd had some success at championship level previous.

Like it or not, the mens game at elite level is miles ahead of the women's game currently both in standard and in popularity. Hopefully one day the gap will close a bit. You look at tennis and nobody would bat an eyelid if Andy Murray got a woman to coach him because the woman's game is both popular and of great standard.

We should be able to attract the very best elite female coaches. Why wouldn't we consider that? Ground breaking and potentially amazing if we could pull something like that off. It could actually be a genius move.

Edited by Michael Starr

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

You look at tennis and nobody would bat an eyelid if Andy Murray got a woman to coach him because the woman's game is both popular and of great standard.

He did do that, and plenty of eyelids were batted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Farke was often criticised for his substitutions so it would be interesting to see who she pulls off first in a game.

This is precisely the sort of sh!t that Hayes or another woman coach would, astonishingly, still have to put up with in the 21st century.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The 1970s want their attitude towards women back.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why women don't feel safe around male police officers.

Oh here we go stereotyping at it's finest.

How about your generation that goes round spiking young ladies drinks ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

The BEST candidate for the job should always be the number one choice, but in this mad world of woke and gender hysteria, where in the business world political correctness frequently takes precedence over competence, this would hardly be surprising. 

Just now, Michael Starr said:

We should be able to attract the very best elite female coaches. Why wouldn't we consider that? Ground breaking and potentially amazing if we could pull something like that off.

The men that go into the WSL are hardly elite. The Everton coach was a 2nd/3rd division French league guy and that's a good level of experience compared to others.

I mentioned Hayes as a piece of trolling on the Lampard thread two days ago, I'm glad someone exploits its potential. Women's football is lightyears behind men's tactically, physically, technically. I'd thought it was on par with top U-17 football until somebody pointed out that the US women's team  is known to lost to an U-13 boys team in a training match. So maybe even U-17 is an overestimate. Anyway a  League One side would win women's world cup any day.    

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh here we go stereotyping at it's finest.

How about your generation that goes round spiking young ladies drinks ?

Is spiking drinks a modern phenomenon? 

Edited by A Load of Squit

3 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

I mentioned Hayes as a piece of trolling on the Lampard thread two days ago, I'm glad someone exploits its potential. Women's football is lightyears behind men's tactically, physically, technically. I'd thought it was on par with top U-17 football until somebody pointed out that the US women's team  is known to lost to an U-13 boys team in a training match. So maybe even U-17 is an overestimate. Anyway a  League One side would win women's world cup any day.    

It was the u15s team of FC Dalles iirc.  Physicality of a 15 year old male athelete will tend to blow that of a female footballer out of the water, no matter how good her technique or tactical nous is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He did do that, and plenty of eyelids were batted.

not to the same level as there would be in football.

Mauresmo had a good record at the elite level. Face it, women's football is behind where women's tennis is, at least in UK.

I make the same argument I'd made about Gary Neville going in to management at the top level. It would be too much, too soon and the game would be down a potentially wonderful manager long term. Neville should have taken the same route the likes of Rooney or Lampard did, as should Hayes.

Chelsea Ladies is championship/league 1 standard in terms of prestige and pressure which would be a great place for her to come into the men's game if she wished to. I don't think she'd be given enough time to succeed in a high stakes prem job so it would be a huge, unnecessary gamble for both parties

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

It was the u15s team of FC Dalles iirc.  Physicality of a 15 year old male athelete will tend to blow that of a female footballer out of the water, no matter how good her technique or tactical nous is.

which is why you need to look at prestige instead of raw ability. Chelsea Ladies would probably get beat by Harrogate Town but the manager job at Chelsea Ladies is a bigger job.

Just now, The Bristol Nest said:

I don't think she would be recruited for her physicality. I assume it would be her coaching skills.

Not the point anyone is making.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not the point anyone is making.

It’s exactly the point TBN is making though. The physicality and skill levels currently of women’s football are completely irrelevant to Emma Hayes’s management competency.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Not read the posts about womens football?

Talking about the tactical and technical differences in the game is what the discussion should be. One guy took the Dallas u15s vs USWNT as gospel without thinking about why it happend but that seems about it to me.

9 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I don't think she would be recruited for her physicality. I assume it would be for her coaching skills.

see my message above this one about seperating prestige from raw ability

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s exactly the point TBN is making though. The physicality and skill levels currently of women’s football are completely irrelevant to Emma Hayes’s management competency.

they're neither completely irrelevant or the be all and end all. The real answer is much more nuanced hence the discussion and debate.

We should be having these difficult discussions and debates without the need to resort to silly jibes and toxicity from people picking sides. It would be a big change and a big moment for the game so it's important to get things right.

With your message, you have failed to express why you think the physicality and skill levels are completely irrelevant to Emma Hayes management ability. Perhaps in doing so you'd create discussion rather than just more division.