For the future

New stadium for Norwich City f.c

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Whereabouts though??!😉

Did someone mention peppercorn rent?

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Forget the bypass plan, its going to be a joint stadium with 1p5wich, situated half way between each, at Diss.

Like it. It could straddle the River Waveney. 👍

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Forget the bypass plan, its going to be a joint stadium with 1p5wich, situated half way between each, at Diss.

Develop Brewers Green Lane or a new stadium. Would Diss Town count as a Derby then?

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Carrow road should never, ever be left

ever

It won't  be on any conceivable timescale.

Pie in the sky nonsense as we cannot fund a new City Stand let alone find funds to purchase land and built a complete new stadium.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

As long as it’s the Norfolk side of the Waveney….

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Pie in the sky nonsense as we cannot fund a new City Stand let alone find funds to purchase land and built a complete new stadium.

Careful, youll wake up a certain poster asking for another bond offering to fund it - with a free seat, that he could pass to his kids 

I’m all for a new ground, time to keep moving forward. I did the Carrow Road tour a few years back. Thought it actually looked tired and needs a serious renovation.  New main stand is a must, I actually work in the construction world specifically on feasibility studies for major infrastructure projects, you never know, I may even have a client in Norwich one day…….hhhmmm. 

As a sensible budget, a new ground could be built £7000 / seat so 35,000 capacity should be £245m. 

New main stand say with 12,000 seats to roughly match a 35,000 capacity would cost about £65m.  £5,500 / seat. But there is a much cheaper way to build this that is the way to go. See Fulham, Liverpool and Leicester plans as examples, could get it down to about £40m that way. 

Anyways, until the rich Chinese investment rolls in it’s not happening.  

New Norwich City stadium to be built in a few years will be at Colney training ground because our ground at Carrow Road is not big enough to expand and with the number of houses being built we will need to move due to the success on the pitch of doing well in the premier league in years to come and trophies we will win this is my vision .on the ball city ️ 

7 minutes ago, For the future said:

New Norwich City stadium to be built in a few years will be at Colney training ground because our ground at Carrow Road is not big enough to expand and with the number of houses being built we will need to move due to the success on the pitch of doing well in the premier league in years to come and trophies we will win this is my vision .on the ball city ️ 

Calm down Stuart.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

I’m all for a new ground, time to keep moving forward. I did the Carrow Road tour a few years back. Thought it actually looked tired and needs a serious renovation.  New main stand is a must, I actually work in the construction world specifically on feasibility studies for major infrastructure projects, you never know, I may even have a client in Norwich one day…….hhhmmm. 

As a sensible budget, a new ground could be built £7000 / seat so 35,000 capacity should be £245m. 

New main stand say with 12,000 seats to roughly match a 35,000 capacity would cost about £65m.  £5,500 / seat. But there is a much cheaper way to build this that is the way to go. See Fulham, Liverpool and Leicester plans as examples, could get it down to about £40m that way. 

Was at the AGM when it came up at the time the pitch was moved a few feet  and the figure mentioned was £3500 per seat

It will be a long time coming under the present regime 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

You are Tom Cavendish and I claim £5

There's some ground ripe for a stadium at the UEA I heard .....  😄

It is stated that promotion to the Premiership can bring in around an extra £170 million. In most businesses this would allow for  massive long term improvements in such items as plant, machinery and infrastructure. Unfortunately in football such income goes straight out of the window on grossly overpaid players, transfer fees and agents etc. We have little alternative than to remain at Carrow Road with little increase in capacity coupled with fairly average facilities - particularly the toilets.

Broadland Gate near Postwick would be an excellent location. There's enough space next to the NDR for a new stadium, car & coach parking, helipad, park & ride buses, new rail link & retail services (new McDonalds opened there just over a week ago). A new stadium would need to seat 40,000-45,000 to make it a worthwhile sport & music venue though?

My understanding is that the club have no interest in leaving Carrow Road, and redevelopment of the City Stand is the number one priority (with two options being available) - this was covered in our first OSP meeting but the minutes aren't currently on the site.

1 hour ago, Danbury Yellow said:

If you are in the construction world, could you perhaps explain to me why when The Riverside Stadium got built it was £20m. Pride Park cost £30m (practically identical) and I believe the Stadium of Light cost £40m. Leeds' proposed new stadium in 2000 was quoted at £50m.

So why does it seem to cost hundreds of millions now? Thats well above the rate of inflation surely?? (mind you, polo mints are about £1 now and I remember when they were 15p!)

10 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If you are in the construction world, could you perhaps explain to me why when The Riverside Stadium got built it was £20m. Pride Park cost £30m (practically identical) and I believe the Stadium of Light cost £40m. Leeds' proposed new stadium in 2000 was quoted at £50m.

So why does it seem to cost hundreds of millions now? Thats well above the rate of inflation surely?? (mind you, polo mints are about £1 now and I remember when they were 15p!)

All fair comments, and I guess it depends what kind of new stadium you want in regards to specification.  Spurs nearly hit the Billion, and the new Stamford Bridge was coming in over a billion, hence why it got cancelled. Brentford more reasonable at about £4300/seat. 
New stadia design has moved on somewhat since those stadiums where built, they are as budget as you can get. Think Cardiff city too. Now a massive focus on seat space and view, executive package opportunity, customer experience everywhere, stadium technology, AV, lighting and also an architectural design that makes the stadiums have a wow factor…..all adds up. My thinking on budget was one of likely grandeur, if we had deep pockets who wouldn’t want a stunner of a home ground?

Good recent examples are Fulham’s new stand, I think that’s about £80m on its own, but the design is of a very high standard.  

In my view, if the board wanted to move house, it would be only worth it if it was built to make it really worth moving and taking the club to the next level…..hence the high cost.  But I know it won’t happen 100%. Focus is on option 1 of main stand redevelopment. 

I was actually involved in Colchester’s ground, that was as cheap as chips and it looks it too.  (Warning, the next sentence may make some of you cough up some sick) I was involved in the two new stands at Portman Road, they obviously were cheap…..although I did try to screw Sheepshanks.  And got banned from their boardroom for submitting an invoice in yellow and green. True story!!! I can only publicly apologise for my involvement there…..been meaning to get that of my chest for years!!! Dark days !! 
Also Luton Town, plans are a big government grant plus redeveloping a massive site and using that to support the funding of the stadium.  All options possible really.  

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

You are Tom Cavendish and I claim £5

Beat me to it!

Still waiting on the train and transportation hub to materialise at Postwick... 

1 hour ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Broadland Gate near Postwick would be an excellent location. There's enough space next to the NDR for a new stadium, car & coach parking, helipad, park & ride buses, new rail link & retail services (new McDonalds opened there just over a week ago). A new stadium would need to seat 40,000-45,000 to make it a worthwhile sport & music venue though?

@ricardo wooah! Hold the horses! We have another competitor for the Cavendish title!