Sign in to follow this  
Sifive

Interesting Link - Bodo/Glimt

1 hour ago, Sifive said:

Thanks for sharing. I would suggest that our next manager and coaching team, (including Broughton) will come from this club, they personify exactly the  Webber and the owners dream for a future NCFC. 

23 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Thanks for sharing. I would suggest that our next manager and coaching team, (including Broughton) will come from this club, they personify exactly the  Webber and the owners dream for a future NCFC. 

I agree to the extent that The Cook and others would be easily seduced by this CV and background but much of that almost mirrors what Farke and his mates were recruited to do over four years ago. We've moved on and ticked that particular box I would suggest?

At this particular moment the ONLY goal is PL survival (Webber has pretty much said that himself) so do Knutsen (and his entourage) really have the knowledge of us, our players, English Football and the PL to 'hit the ground running'? I'm far from convinced on that front. The boy Lampard, however, will 'know' most of our players and could come straight in with minimal time spent on .........'getting to know the lads' . I'm not saying I necessarily want him to be the next manager but you can see how he would have the edge in the final decision when you look at the immediate goal he will be expected to achieve. 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

I agree to the extent that The Cook and others would be easily seduced by this CV and background but much of that almost mirrors what Farke and his mates were recruited to do over four years ago. We've moved on and ticked that particular box I would suggest?

At this particular moment the ONLY goal is PL survival (Webber has pretty much said that himself) so do Knutsen (and his entourage) really have the knowledge of us, our players, English Football and the PL to 'hit the ground running'? I'm far from convinced on that front. The boy Lampard, however, will 'know' most of our players and could come straight in with minimal time spent on .........'getting to know the lads' . I'm not saying I necessarily want him to be the next manager but you can see how he would have the edge in the final decision when you look at the immediate goal he will be expected to achieve. 

I agree with you to a certain extent. But the academy director at this club is BROUGHTON, who used to be academy coach at NCFC, who coached Maddison and Aaron’s to where they are now. 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Depends what their criteria was for dismissal.  Was it from lack of belief in Farke's system.

Or was there a real threat of negative biases forming with Cantwell, Dimi, Gilmour, Sorensen and Tzolis? We just won't know, but one things for sure there was issues with Cantwell, Dimi's agent was sounding off for a move, and Chelsea making a formal decision on whether to recall Gilmour in the coming weeks.

I think if they could keep Farke and press a big red reset button that'd be their option if presented, but he had veered wildly off the path and playing systems he wasn't truly invested in.  That long ball game vs Leeds was just crazy.

16 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

I agree with you to a certain extent. But the academy director at this club is BROUGHTON, who used to be academy coach at NCFC, who coached Maddison and Aaron’s to where they are now. 

I know but what's that got to do with the 'here and now' of galvanising our entire first team squad to achieve PL survival? The Academy cannot prosper if the First Team withers on the proverbial vine. Without the First Team, the club disappears pretty much into obscurity and you can have all the swanky pitches and buildings you like but when everything is boiled down, it is the First Team that is everything. Punters turn up at FCR as does TV to watch the First Team, they don't descend on Colney in their thousands to watch the 'development of kids'. Of course the Academy is of great importance but as I said earlier, surely that box has been well and truly ticked?   

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Depends what their criteria was for dismissal.  Was it from lack of belief in Farke's system.

Or was there a real threat of negative biases forming with Cantwell, Dimi, Gilmour, Sorensen and Tzolis? We just won't know, but one things for sure there was issues with Cantwell, Dimi's agent was sounding off for a move, and Chelsea making a formal decision on whether to recall Gilmour in the coming weeks.

I think if they could keep Farke and press a big red reset button that'd be their option if presented, but he had veered wildly off the path and playing systems he wasn't truly invested in.  That long ball game vs Leeds was just crazy.

I'd guess that Farke's dismissal hinged more on his own lack of belief in his system, coupled with the inability to create a coherent alternative.

What we need is a progressive plan for the future, building on our recent success. Gambling that against an incredibly unlikely attempt to save this season (when relegation is all but certain) would be bonkers.

24 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'd guess that Farke's dismissal hinged more on his own lack of belief in his system, coupled with the inability to create a coherent alternative.

Do you buy any manager head coach having a plan B though?  I mean, there's variations on a theme which most carry.  But to truly develop a plan B versus attractive football requires a different sub-set of players, or an incredible budget to afford physical players who are also adept at finesse play?

The whole plan B thing just stumps me a little, I just want a robust plan A and decisions to be made as I see them myself.

The only manager head coach/manager who delivered that for me was Lambert, was never afraid of making a change when it was needed and 9 times out of 10 it would be as i was thinking, Farke frustrated me hugely on that front, and would make a change far too late and of really confusing choices.

It's like being defensively naïve - If you break it down it affects the whole team, and not only a defensive fragility.  If you're not pressing or giving the opposition anything to worry about at this level you will be under extreme pressure and exposed. 

Whoever comes in needs to maintain a threat using the players we have, and it needs to be our counter argument to protect defence from being overwhelmed.

Edited by Google Bot
Shout out to my admin team "Mengo" for the corrections.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The only manager who delivered that for me was Lambert, was never afraid of making a change when it was needed and 9 times out of 10 it would be as i was thinking, Farke frustrated me hugely on that front, and would make a change far too late and of really confusing choices.

It's like being defensively naïve - If you break it down it affects the whole team, and not only a defensive fragility.  If you're not pressing or giving the opposition anything to worry about at this level you will be under extreme pressure and exposed. 

Agree with this. You HAVE to tackle the PL with attacking threat - whether that is a longer ball game to a player like Chris Wood or through technically able players like Potter has developed at Brighton (who still don't convert enough but give the opposition plenty to think about). 

Lambert was excellent with his subs (usually at the 60 to 66 minutes stage). He tried to take momentum, gain an advantage. DF often subbed very late. Yet, as supporters they often want to see change early.

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Do you buy any manager having a plan B though?  I mean, there's variations on a theme which most carry.  But to truly develop a plan B versus attractive football requires a different sub-set of players, or an incredible budget to afford physical players who are also adept at finesse play?

The whole plan B thing just stumps me a little, I just want a robust plan A and decisions to be made as I see them myself.

The only manager who delivered that for me was Lambert, was never afraid of making a change when it was needed and 9 times out of 10 it would be as i was thinking, Farke frustrated me hugely on that front, and would make a change far too late and of really confusing choices.

Whoever comes in needs to maintain a threat using the players we have, and it needs to be our counter argument to protect defence from being overwhelmed.

GB I've warned you before about the pedantic posters on here. Manager head coach science ball coach. Remember. Is it a head coach or a manager. Exactly who gives a ffff. 

Good luck to whoever gets it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

DF often subbed very late. Yet, as supporters they often want to see change early.

It's wear and tear on players too, Pukki has looked absolutely shot through relentlessly being played in matches where he's doing nothing but chasing lost causes.

Brentford at the weekend I was thinking that he needs to come off and Sargent or Idah  to come on around 65-70th minute.  Sargent came on around 80th and Idah 95th.  But the most strange aspect was a fit and ready Sargent wasn't even applying pressure to CB's walking up to half way line delivering balls into our half, he was just sat out wide right.

I mean, it's no wonder Brentford were able to attack at will second half - they had a good 5 seconds on the ball to pick out passes from around the half way line.

23 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Do you buy any manager head coach having a plan B though?  I mean, there's variations on a theme which most carry.  But to truly develop a plan B versus attractive football requires a different sub-set of players, or an incredible budget to afford physical players who are also adept at finesse play?

This is the issue with most coaches across any sport to be fair; if Plan A doesn't work, try Plan A again but a bit harder

57 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The only manager head coach/manager who delivered that for me was Lambert, was never afraid of making a change when it was needed and 9 times out of 10 it would be as i was thinking, Farke frustrated me hugely on that front, and would make a change far too late and of really confusing choices.

I'm not really talking about a 'plan B' (though I agree that Farke was particularly slow to change things on the pitch when they were clearly not working) but more an alternative 'plan A'. Farke abandoned the 4-2-3-1 for the 4-3-3 then the 5-3-2. Those systems never looked like working. At best we were able to stop Burnley and Brighton from scoring, otherwise we were never really close to achieving anything.

What Farke did this season was pretty incoherent. He kept trying to come up with a new plan while failing to grasp why they all kept failing. I'm uncertain whether a new manager will be able to walk in and put something better together right away. But what I want to see is a clear vision based around playing proper football. Farke resorted to hoofball, and that's likely a significant factor in his demise. In searching for a short term solution, he lost sight of the long term vision. Whoever comes in must not do the same.

I really don't think we have given up on survival this year. We are 5 points from safety, with 27 games left and two winnable home games next up. Our new players are starting to look settled and our old players are stepping up at last. We looked physically off the pace for the first 10 games. Another 3 or 4 wins in the next 6, which is doable, and we are back in the game.

The first thing a new coach has to do is to not lose games. It's a completely different psychology to the Champs where you have to win, win , win to be successful. In the PL we have to not lose.

The one thing that Farke never got was that we are too easy to score against - even Brentford on Saturday scored a goal because of lack of discipline, concentration and communication. Whoever the new coach is, they must make it harder for the opposition to score.