Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Down to the final 2

15 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Hilarious . Won’t be any of them. 

I'm telling you all,Domenico Tedesco.German/Italian Did well at Shalke 04 and had Spartak Moscow top when he left in June to spend some quality time with his family.Currently free,so no compo involved.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s Hughton I can feel it in my water 

I know you're right most of the time Uncle Fred, but please don't be right about this 

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

We’ll have to pay him well. He won’t come for peanuts.

Kernel! He certainly won't...

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Webber told him we pistached all the cash(ew) against the wal.............nut.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I'm telling you all,Domenico Tedesco.German/Italian Did well at Shalke 04 and had Spartak Moscow top when he left in June to spend some quality time with his family.Currently free,so no compo involved.

I've been thinking similar about Diego Martinez. Likely a bit of a reach though.

6 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

he'll get roasted if he isn't successful

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Not forgetting how ex-salted he is among the Bodo Glimt fanbase. Hopefully Knutsen seeds his future here. 

• Haha 1

Smith quickly wilted under the pressure at Villa, not knowing who to pick next out of his crop of players. The last thing we want.

Smith will always be drawn to a Smith, add in young Tom and we have a treble.

Edited by Van wink

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Smith quickly wilted under the pressure at Villa, not knowing who to pick next out of his crop of players. The last thing we want.

Think that's a bit unfair, remember he kept them up in 2019/20 when they finished 17th 

So Lampard and Knutsen have been flip flopping as the favourite over the past 24 hours, this means only one thing, it will be neither of them 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

My view is the polar opposite! 🤓 And if they don't keep us up we are left with a manager we won't then want. This has to be more than a short-term attempted fix. And if Farke's failing was that at PL level he wasn't a good enough coach, then a tactically smart head coach is what we need.

I know sod all about Knutsen but he sounds like he is a savvy coach. Whereas Lampard has never given much sign of that being the case, as that Guardian writer indicated.  Which makes me wonder, if Knutsen is one of this secret two, as seems likely, whether Lampard really is the other, since they don't appear to tick the same boxes at all.

I disagree. Id personally be happier with Hodgson til the end of the season with a view to finding a long term successor behind the scenes. This would justify the thinking for me. Hodgson has proven himself capable of doing the very job we need doing right now. He knows the league top to bottom, he knows the club very well. He is probably already fairly aware of our players and the problems the club need to rectify. He is the perfect stop-gap as we know at his age he cant really go beyond the end of this season so there would be no thoughts of him doing anything other than the job in hand. If it fails, clean slate to bring in someone like Knutsen for an assualt on the Championship and if it's successful let him prove himself at Premier League level with a team he is already embedded with.

I think going for an unproven manager is a total gamble and one very unlikely to pay off.

Lampard would be a good appointment as we could at least hope that he could give us the Billy Gilmour we've yet to see

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fredherring said:

God not this bullocks again. 

You have to wonder at the mental capacity of people who say this. 

Let's spell it out. 

A "proven" Premier league record means someone successful. 

Those managers are either

A. At big Premier league clubs now. 

B. Out of the Premier league in which case either out of our league abroad or they got sacked or relegated. 

So logically it can only be someone who has been proven in failure. Which would make the same people bleet "he failed don't want him". 

This mythical "proven Premier league manager" doesn't effing exist. 

Roy Hodgson turned Palace around and that's all we're after this season - that is his proven track record. Now is not the time for another gamble

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sounds like Lampard is under consideration, but Lampard not wholly convinced.

That’s good, I’m not convinced about him either

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

Confident this guy could hit the ground almonds running.

I pine for the new man to come on the scene.

6 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Roy Hodgson turned Palace around and that's all we're after this season - that is his proven track record. Now is not the time for another gamble

Roy Hodgson has retired.

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sounds like Lampard is under consideration, but Lampard not wholly convinced.

I read that as more of a “Norwich haven’t made a decision yet”. Particularly as he states there’s 3 names being considered. I’m guessing Lamps, Smith and Nutella. 

Going to be a interesting week ahead.. hopefully a decision we’re all wholeheartedly praising come the end of the season! 🙏🏽 🟡🟢

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Waveney will post something “ funny” whoever gets the job

That would be a first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

So had Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven

Ha ha true! Yep he’s stopped short of saying the word ‘retired’ to be fair, but there’s numerous reports on the internet that say he won’t be managing in the Premier League again, I posted a Sky article about it on here earlier somewhere.