Chelm Canary

Danie Farke hall of fame?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am sure Caroline will be delighted to know the club are still using her name on an e-mail address. Why is that as it seems weird to me as i assume she will be replaced ?

Maybe they are waiting for this role to be filled before they can address the IT issue of removing / renaming an Email address! 

https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/search/vacancy-it-manager

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am sure Caroline will be delighted to know the club are still using her name on an e-mail address. Why is that as it seems weird to me as i assume she will be replaced ?

No, the Supporter Relations email address that I've shared on here before: supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk. To my knowledge, I've not shared Caroline's direct email address on here? Apologies if I'm mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

I have completed the survey, hope you have to @Greavsy & @TIL 1010 very important bit of information gathering for the club 😉

I have, as has Tilly, as commented on earier in the relevent thread. 

Survey is stretching it a bit Lessingham, and that wasnt the question posted by @TIL 1010 originally.

Im struggling to see the benefit of the OSP if they only meet once a 1/4 and any questions the fans have are suggested to email the club directly for a swifter response. Are they adding any value to the everyday fan? 

Plus if the agenda is set by the club, then it has the appearance of a closed shop / done deal. 

Just my view.  

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

No, the Supporter Relations email address that I've shared on here before: supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk. To my knowledge, I've not shared Caroline's direct email address on here? Apologies if I'm mistaken.

Caroline hasn't got a direct ncfc email address now, they delete them the day staff leave.  The supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk email address was monitored by both Lynette & Caroline and as Wolfie said it's still being monitored by Lynette ( Caroline hasn't been replaced  yet)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

I have completed the survey, hope you have to @Greavsy & @TIL 1010 very important bit of information gathering for the club 😉

You obviously think the same as i do Lessingham about it. A complete nonsense and waste of time from start to finish the highlight being are you a season ticket holder and going on to ask if you have a Home membership and if you answer no then why not ?

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I have, as has Tilly, as commented on earier in the relevent thread. 

Survey is stretching it a bit Lessingham, and that wasnt the question posted by @TIL 1010 originally.

Im struggling to see the benefit of the OSP if they only meet once a 1/4 and any questions the fans have are suggested to email the club directly for a swifter response. Are they adding any value to the everyday fan? 

Plus if the agenda is set by the club, then it has the appearance of a closed shop / done deal. 

Just my view.  

You could always email the club with that view, rather than telling us directly that you don't think the body we represent has any value.

And I have already explained how the agenda works, and it is not set solely by the club.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You could always email the club with that view, rather than telling us directly that you don't think the body we represent has any value.

And I have already explained how the agenda works, and it is not set solely by the club.

The club has always been aware of my views, before the set up of the OSP, and will continue to be the case. 

Wasn't a personal comment Wolfie, calm down. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

The club has always been aware of my views, before the set up of the OSP, and will continue to be the case. 

Wasn't a personal comment Wolfie, calm down. 

There was nothing in my post that wasn't calm, it was all perfectly factual and considered... but I appreciate your concern about my blood pressure.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Back on Topic thanks for adding my question to the agenda about what is going on with the Hall of Fame @Feedthewolf

No problem. Hadn't realised it hadn't been added to since 2012, so definitely worth an update!

16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

rather than telling us directly that you don't think the body we represent has any value.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

There was nothing in my post that wasn't calm, it was all perfectly factual and considered... but I appreciate your concern about my blood pressure.

Your first reply sounded to me like id hit a nerve. 

I totally appreciate the time, effort and thought you all put in as volunteers to help our club, but personally I dont see much coming out of it that is beneficial or insightful. As is said it was just my view. Maybe, as has been stated before, things are discussed that arent for public airing at this stage and more will be forthcoming in the future. Hopefully. 

Glad the BP is under control Wolfie. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

I totally appreciate the time, effort and thought you all put in as volunteers to help our club, but personally I dont see much coming out of it that is beneficial or insightful. As is said it was just my view. Maybe, as has been stated before, things are discussed that arent for public airing at this stage and more will be forthcoming in the future. Hopefully. 

Not at all. You're very welcome to air your views as and when you see fit, as we all are of course. It's been a long time since anyone on this board truly raised my hackles, life's too short 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

For my two pence worth, I think we all just need to give the club, and us on the panel, a little bit of time to work out the best ways for this to work for all concerned.  We obviously only started meeting in late Spring/early summer, and I think we are all aware that there have been a lot of changes at the club since then which has definitely stifled things a bit.

The OSP is, hopefully, something that will exist for many years, and fortunately or unfortunately dependent on how you see it, us original members are the guinea pigs - my biggest hope is that we leave the panel in 18 months time to a new set of members that have a fully formed system so they can hit the ground running.  And with that fans on here will have a clear picture as to what the panel is there for and what it can or can not achieve for you.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

For my two pence worth, I think we all just need to give the club, and us on the panel, a little bit of time to work out the best ways for this to work for all concerned.  We obviously only started meeting in late Spring/early summer, and I think we are all aware that there have been a lot of changes at the club since then which has definitely stifled things a bit.

The OSP is, hopefully, something that will exist for many years, and fortunately or unfortunately dependent on how you see it, us original members are the guinea pigs - my biggest hope is that we leave the panel in 18 months time to a new set of members that have a fully formed system so they can hit the ground running.  And with that fans on here will have a clear picture as to what the panel is there for and what it can or can not achieve for you.

Echo this 100%, well said.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Back on Topic thanks for adding my question to the agenda about what is going on with the Hall of Fame @Feedthewolf

Who would you like to see added to HoF? 

3 hours ago, MrFruit said:

Who would you like to see added to HoF? 

My question was a general one as it now appears nothing has happened for nearly nine years. A lot of time and effort and a degree of expense went to installing the board at Colney so why if it was not intended to keep it going ?

Wes Hoolahan the most obvious i would suggest.

Edited by TIL 1010

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My question was a general one as it now appears nothing has happened for nearly nine years. A lot of time and effort and a degree of expense went to installing the board at Colney so why if it was not intended to keep it going ?

Wes Hoolahan the most obvious i would suggest.

Wes is already in I think. 

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Wes is already in I think. 

Somebody on this thread said last entrant was in 2012.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Somebody on this thread said last entrant was in 2012.

Oh, maybe I’m wrong - it has been known - but I thought they put Wes and Holty in with Lambert.

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

Oh, maybe I’m wrong - it has been known - but I thought they put Wes and Holty in with Lambert.

Well whatever is going on has not been well communicated to the fans Duncan unless i have not been paying attention but club history is one of my pet subjects.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well whatever is going on has not been well communicated to the fans Duncan unless i have not been paying attention but club history is one of my pet subjects.

It does seem odd that nobody has been added for ages.

I certainly wouldn’t advocate having putting people in for the sake of it but nobody in the best part of a decade?

Gary Doherty and Alex Tettey would be good choices, I reckon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Thanks for that and yes Wes is in there but still the question remains why no activity since 2012 ?

May i put forward to the Historical Trust Alan Bowkett ?

I cannot answer the lack of activity, I simply don’t know. You’ve asked the supporter panel to add question to their agenda and hopefully they will. A list of names I’m sure would reinforce the need to get some more inducted.

• Like 1

I have always wanted Trevor Hockey added. I remember talking to Roy Blower about this.

@TIL 1010Has Roy ever been replaced?

The argument against Trevor Hockey was that he only played 13 games. However that only works if it's actually a "Hall of Service". I don't think Hockey''s fame could be argued.

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I have always wanted Trevor Hockey added. I remember talking to Roy Blower about this.

@TIL 1010Has Roy ever been replaced?

The argument against Trevor Hockey was that he only played 13 games. However that only works if it's actually a "Hall of Service". I don't think Hockey''s fame could be argued.

I was obviously aware that Roy Blower was part of the Historical Trust but have no idea if he has been replaced.

Isn't it par for the course for the Club to forget about it's initiatives?

Sustainability was all the rage 2 weeks ago with reusable coffee cups etc. but they will have forgot about in 2 weeks time when they want to sell more scarves featuring the new managers face.