TeemuVanBasten

Would You Be Content With Frank Lampard? (Poll)

Would You Be Content With Frank Lampard? (Poll)  

140 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would You Be Content With Frank Lampard?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/21 at 23:59

Given the potential alternative of ending up with one of the glut of merry-go-round footballing dinosaurs I would be more than happy for Lampard to come here.

Edited by Carn

Would be rather underwhelmed. I accept the argument that he promoted youngsters at Chelsea, but would point out that this was under the transfer embargo so his hand was rather forced. When actually spending money, relieved from the shackles of the embargo, and indeed trying to get a tune out of them, he struggled somewhat. Then Thomas Tuchel just went in and got them ticking.

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Would only be content with him if he is successful and that can't be decided now.

But Houghton and Farke were not successful in the EPL.
As you once told us winning is more important than anything else.

Hell no! I would not be satisfied, he'd be a complete downgrade to Farke and I find the idea appalling. If he became manager I'd not go to another game this season, f that! 

• Haha 1

I just can't see us sacking Farke to chance it with someone like Lampard who is relatively unproven in management, given the fact we want to try and escape from the bottom 3. 

It would be a strange move.

Why are so many people saying Hodgson???? 😂😂😂😂It's like they know nothing about our club..

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Why are so many people saying Hodgson???? 😂😂😂😂It's like they know nothing about our club..

Same as the people saying Lampard, Howe, Bruce etc

Think he will take Villa job (they are supposed to be bigger than us) plus he will have more money to spend

39 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Think he will take Villa job (they are supposed to be bigger than us) plus he will have more money to spend

Villa are bigger than Norwich

The thing with Frank is he’s a modern day premier league guy. What I’ve wanted to see from norwich for a while and what I saw against Brentford actually was a bit of street smarts. Some gameplay, s41thousery if you will. 

everybody does it but us it seems and it puts us at a disadvantage. I’d like to think a new manager would bring in a streetwise attitude. You get no points for being nice in this league.

Depends on who else is in contention and I mean real contention, not just a Bookies list.

Initially I would imagine Webber and Adams will influence team selection with the new coach, well coaching. I'm not sure Lampard would be the right man. 

I'm not sure Knutsen is either; we haven't got time for him to get up to speed on English football.

I didn’t vote in the poll because it isn’t specific enough

Would I be content with Frank Lampard as a manager? A business partner? A lover?

Edited by The Real Buh

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

If you ask WBA fans they wuill say he was the best EPL manager they have had.

39 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

A celebrity manager is not what we need.

We need a football Einstein with substance who's grafted their way in management rather than been handed things.

Yep. This. 

The way Webber talked, it seems that he is still convinced that we can survive this season. I hope he's right.

Lampard, with his status and his connexions within the game, might well be the best bet in achieving this, and most certainly better than all the dinosaurs (Bruce, Alladyce Warnock etc.) mentioned.

The Norwegian might spell better prospects for the future, but it's a big ask pitching him into a survival battle in the Premier League when he has only ever managed a small (very) Norwegian outfit.

Perhaps this might be where a temporary Hodgson/mentor appointment until the season's end might be appropriate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Plus the fact that the old boy has retired.

7 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Still faith in Webber?

Not particularly, but it's a bit too early to throw in the towel.

Now that the dastardly deed is done we might well have something to be positive about today. 

It will be Webber's second managerial appointment since arriving at Carrow Road, let's hope it is as inspired as the first.

The spotlight is firmly on him.

Lampard has done nothing to warrant his reputation, great player but rubbish manager, good players don’t always make a good coach.