Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo1

Feeling like a broken hearted teenager - is it just me?

It feels like only yesterday he was galloping his German stallion all over the Championship.

It feels like only yesterday I was sweating over the thought of the said stallion heading for pastures new. 

As I read the names of all the coaches linked to the post I’m struggling to muster up an ounce of excitement. When Worthington and the like departed I felt like time had well and truly run its course - with Farke, I feel like Guardiola could be the leading replacement candidate and my mind would still keep wandering back to what could’ve been. 

I’ve spent the past few weeks quietly questioning his ability, and deep down I knew it was only heading one way - yet I still couldn’t bring myself to call for his head.

Carrow Road will never be the same without Farke’s flowing locks.

Come back Daniel.

PS. Anyone know of any local outlets selling a can of man up? 

• Like 11

It’s a tough one to swallow for sure Jimbo. I’ve been on an emotional rollercoaster all day coupled with a hangover. Much like Farke on his horse we’re all going to have to ride it out. It’s what the big man would have wanted. ✌🏻

Jimbo, you'll be fine mate. 

Trust me in my very late 40's these things happen and in 20 odd years time you'll be telling those younger than you about the Farke era. (just as we do about the Walker era from the early 90's) 

As the other half says.... Its only football. I'll be reminding her of that when her favourite is removed from I'm a Celebrity or Love Island!!!! 

Keep the faith mate 👍 

You’re not alone. This the worst I’ve felt when a manager has left us since Mike Walker, but at least I could conjure up some hatred for Walker. Nothing but total respect for Farke even though I feel certain his time was up. Strange day today.

• Like 3

Know exactly hope you feel.

Mate just asked me who my preferred candidate is…my serious answer was that it is just too soon and raw for me to move on at the moment!

I’ve been a Norwich fan for over 40 years and never been so gutted by a manager leaving. 

• Like 2

It's never nice to see our manager sacked regardless if you agreed with it or not.

I've seen it a few times now, and hopefully a few times more to come, but the my saddest days at Carrow Rd were when the fans were calling for the manager's head. Thankfully DF was not subjected to that. It was untidy yesterday but with the sequence of events explained and the desire for the club to remain in the Premier League I'm not sure what else could have happened.

We probably havent wanted it to work so much for a manager as much as we have for Farke since probably Ken Brown going back 35 yrs or so.

It would have been great for his footballing philosophy to have continued and worked into the premier league but when you dont have the players to carry it out, you need something else and Farke didnt quite have it.

He was a likeable character which is why fans couldnt quite bring themselves to chant 'farke out', which would have happened long before now with a less popular person.

I'm glad it didnt get to that point....however in reality, he should have been stood down after the Leeds game where the team selection, method of play and performance all broke down

To give him an extra week and an extra game when they knew he was going to be dismissed if slightly poor form from the board.

...but I'm not of the opinion that it was Farke or nobody this season. I believe there are coaches out there who could give us a better chance of staying up

31 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Jimbo, you'll be fine mate. 

Trust me in my very late 40's these things happen and in 20 odd years time you'll be telling those younger than you about the Farke era. (just as we do about the Walker era from the early 90's) 

As the other half says.... Its only football. I'll be reminding her of that when her favourite is removed from I'm a Celebrity or Love Island!!!! 

Keep the faith mate 👍 

I'm not a huge amount younger than you and I feel the same as Jimbo. Gutted. Totally gutted. 

I think we will look back on this as a terrible decision when we are struggling (to get promoted) in the Championship next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo1 said:

It feels like only yesterday he was galloping his German stallion all over the Championship.

It feels like only yesterday I was sweating over the thought of the said stallion heading for pastures new. 

As I read the names of all the coaches linked to the post I’m struggling to muster up an ounce of excitement. When Worthington and the like departed I felt like time had well and truly run its course - with Farke, I feel like Guardiola could be the leading replacement candidate and my mind would still keep wandering back to what could’ve been. 

I’ve spent the past few weeks quietly questioning his ability, and deep down I knew it was only heading one way - yet I still couldn’t bring myself to call for his head.

Come back Daniel.

Sorry to sound harsh but firstly it's only a game and not life and death. DF would have known deep down results weren't good enough and football is all about results so he was failing in that respect. Unfortunately under DF we were on target to achieve a history breaking low points in the premiership. We all love him for the good moments but unfortunately SW had no choice but to try and stop the rot. We probably will still be relegated but the club had to make a change. DF like all managers will succeed sometimes and fail sometimes it goes with the job

Edited by Mullet

Sure it’s only a game and obviously it isn’t life or death... but supporting Norwich is unashamedly a massive part of my life.

We’re turning the page on what has been one hell of a chapter, and I’m not entirely sure I was ready to turn that page. 

I can’t help but feel a little bit gutted. 

• Like 4

It is definitely not just you.... Hogesar, Alex Moss and Rhino1 have all had public tantrums. 

On a serious note though, it is always difficult when managers are sacked as they don't get a goodbye. With players they often get a send-off, if we now they are off in the summer.

I think a lot would be a bit happier if they'd be able to give Farke a send off at Carrow Road, difficult to envisage that being able to happen though - not like we've got any players on the cusp of a testimonial is it. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, Jimbo1 said:

Come back Daniel.

I'm of an age to know better, but when we were promoted the first time so well, it inspired me to get one of those bobble-head Farke statues......not sure what to do with it now....might put it in pride of place in the garden somewhere as a reminder of those two great seasons and the wonderful togetherness that he engendered in the club, the "ole's",  the long monologues, which were always of interest and of course the fabulous football and spirit he brought to the club. 

Unforgetable times, I've never felt so close to a manager as I have with Farke and I doubt I will again. He is special and I'll follow his career with interest. I hope he manages at the top in England and shows that he can manage well in the PL at a club that can afford players to suit his style. Man Utd will be looking for a manager soon.......😀

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm not a huge amount younger than you and I feel the same as Jimbo. Gutted. Totally gutted. 

I think we will look back on this as a terrible decision when we are struggling (to get promoted) in the Championship next season.

The decision to sack DF was an attempt by the club to not be in the championship next season

Edited by Mullet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo1 said:

Come back Daniel.

It’s just you 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mullet said:

The decision to sack DF was an attempt by the club to not be in the championship next season

Feels at the moment that there are some posters who would rather be in the Championship with Farke next season than be in the Premier League with an English manager,

Bizarre mentality. The way we break the cycle of having to sell our best players is to stay up, Farke wasn't going to deliver that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I’m pretty sure everyone is aware that the decision to sack Farke was a roll of the dice in an attempt to avoid relegation. 

That doesn’t mean people can’t speculate over what the future may hold. 

We’re all obviously hoping the next manager is a massive success, but I can’t help but think we may end up regretting it. 

23 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Obviously. However, I don't think that attempt will be successful. 

3 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

It’s just you 

Evidently, it isn't.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Feels at the moment that there are some posters who would rather be in the Championship with Farke next season than be in the Premier League with an English manager,

Bizarre mentality. The way we break the cycle of having to sell our best players is to stay up, Farke wasn't going to deliver that.

It depends. If it was a Steve Bruce / Hughton / Pulis pragmatic / defensive style that kept us in the Premier league, 100% I'd rather be in the Championship with Farkeball than watching that. I ultimately want to be entertained. If we stay up attempting to play progressive football, then I'll take the "different" manager (why in your message do you say "English"? Why the distinction? I don't understand why "English" is in any way relevant?)

• Like 1

Just now, All the Germans said:

Obviously. However, I don't think that attempt will be successful. 

Evidently, it isn't.

It depends. If it was a Steve Bruce / Hughton / Pulis pragmatic / defensive style that kept us in the Premier league, 100% I'd rather be in the Championship with Farkeball than watching that. I ultimately want to be entertained. If we stay up attempting to play progressive football, then I'll take the "different" manager (why in your message do you say "English"? Why the distinction? I don't understand why "English" is in any way relevant?)

Well, domestic manager. I suppose that could be "British" rather than "English"

Often people just like foreign managers as they are more exotic, and are prone to under rating some domestic managers. 

But Howe/Lampard/Smith

Some completely dismiss the English managers with recent Premier League experience and will only contemplate a left field choice from the continent, just because it worked last time. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo1 said:

I’m pretty sure everyone is aware that the decision to sack Farke was a roll of the dice in an attempt to avoid relegation. 

That doesn’t mean people can’t speculate over what the future may hold. 

We’re all obviously hoping the next manager is a massive success, but I can’t help but think we may end up regretting it. 

DF was taking us down. The new coach has the difficult job of bridging the gap to 17th and then picking up enough points until the end of the season. With a change of coach there is now some hope instead of no hope. There is nothing to regret from trying to do the right for the club. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well, domestic manager. I suppose that could be "British" rather than "English"

Often people just like foreign managers as they are more exotic, and are prone to under rating some domestic managers. 

But Howe/Lampard/Smith

Some completely dismiss the English managers with recent Premier League experience and will only contemplate a left field choice from the continent, just because it worked last time. 

I don’t give a **** if our next manager comes from Norwich, Berlin, Ulan Bator or Timbuktu. What I want is someone who encourages the team to play entertaining football, brings out the best in our youngsters, has some class and who really inspires the team to play with passion for the shirt. Oh, and gets us enough points to stay up - or if we go down, we go down swinging, that’s the next best thing.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 2

It's not just you.

While I was a vocal critic of Farke's tactics this season, I am absolutely gutted about his dismissal. You can have an argument with you wife without wanting a divorce; won't someone think of the children?

It seems to me more a failure of Webber's than Farke's. If your head coach isn't delivering the results then you need to support them in turning things round, find out what's going wrong and intervene if necessary. Two years ago Webber famously admitted sending Farke to war without a gun; this year he stripped him of his AK47 and gave him a bunch of BB guns.

I'd love to be completely wrong, but I simply can't imagine any coach in the world being able to keep this squad in the Premier League. And there isn't a name on the table which would encourage me to think that this is a sensible move. Farke was our best shot at winning the Championship next year.

I can't help but feel this is one of those pivotal moments which will see us return to our natural position in the overall pecking order of English football. We've been punching so far above our weight that people have grown greedy. It's taken something special to get us to this point and I fear we are throwing it all away based on a deluded notion that we are better than we actually are.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mullet said:

DF was taking us down. The new coach has the difficult job of bridging the gap to 17th and then picking up enough points until the end of the season. With a change of coach there is now some hope instead of no hope. There is nothing to regret from trying to do the right for the club. 

It’s all if’s, but’s, and maybe’s but I’m pretty sure people will be feeling a tinge of regret if Webber departs at the end of the season and we’re left lingering in the in the bottom half of the Championship for a few years. 

I sincerely hope it proves to be the right decision by the club - but in the mean time I’m still sad to see Farke depart.

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I can't help but feel this is one of those pivotal moments which will see us return to our natural position in the overall pecking order of English football. We've been punching so far above our weight that people have grown greedy. It's taken something special to get us to this point and I fear we are throwing it all away based on a deluded notion that we are better than we actually are.

My fears exactly. 

37 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I've just been on the Villa fans forum and the general tone on there is sorry to see Smith lose his job but moving on who are we going to get to progress the club forward. None of the over dramatic crying and balling seen on here. 

I've just been on the Villa fans forum and the general tone on there is sorry to see Smith lose his job but moving on who are we going to get to progress the club forward. None of the over dramatic crying and balling seen on here. 

Then the Villa fans obviously didn’t have the same connection that we had with Farke

• Like 3

4.5 years is a long time in a job in football.

If people get triggered by people getting sacked or not having contracts extended, then completely the wrong industry to have an interest in 😂

Darren Huckerby was only a Norwich player for 5 years. Things move on, personnel change, Farke will be remembered fondly, he'll get another job, that's life.