Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Who were the Judases

"Webber is believed to have consulted with senior players before making the decision"

So who stabbed Daniel in the back? Hanley is club captain so there is no way he wasnt involved, though he was pretty much a Farke favourite so cant imagine him twisting the knife, even if he may well have done an Olly from Game of Thrones.

Krul is a senior player, cant imagine him turning on Farke, Nor McLean. So who?

(For those who dont get the reference)

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

Jesus calm down, it’s over he’s gone. Starting a player witch hunt is not constructive.

Players were asked their opinions and they gave it.

I doubt Webber went to them and said “I’m going to sack Daniel what’s your thoughts?”

He probably asked them their thoughts on tactics, team spirit, treatment of individuals etc.

Your bosses boss comes and asks you questions in the right way it’s very hard to not tell the truth.

If you were Webber you would speak to them all, and they may not have put the knife in.   I expect he was asking them what needed to change to improve the performances.   The players probably would say tactic, and also Farke seemed to be lacking a bit of belief this season, probably because the run without a win was so long.

To me you can still love the coach but not the tactics or team selections. Every game we seemed to be baffled by the starting 11 and you know the players had to be thinking the same. 

7 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Webber is believed to have consulted with senior players before making the decision"

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Players were asked their opinions and they gave it

I still haven’t seen anything anywhere to say that this actually happened, a link would be nice, thanks.

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I still haven’t seen anything anywhere to say that this actually happened, a link would be nice, thanks.

Was in the Athletic piece apparently.

i Remember when i was a fresh Face Youngster 19/20 years old  the company i worked for was taken over 

the new owners gave us all a one to one chat and asked if there were any staff i thought were not good enough to work there 

i slated my manager he was useless what i didnt know was he was going to be kept on by new owners and i was looking for a New job the next week ha !! 

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

"Webber is believed to have consulted with senior players before making the decision"

So who stabbed Daniel in the back? Hanley is club captain so there is no way he wasnt involved, though he was pretty much a Farke favourite so cant imagine him twisting the knife, even if he may well have done an Olly from Game of Thrones.

Ridiculous hysteria.  Any wise administrator will find out the feelings on the “shop floor” if there’s thought to be a problem with a manager.

If any of the players expressed 'concern' at Farke's management then well done to them I say. Shame it took so long for the powers that be at the club to react to his appalling statistics at PL level,. Two fantastic promotions with some of the best football we've ever seen but a shambles amongst more exalted company. 

'Judas' ??

Maybe some of the playwrs expressed their concerns that they were being guided down the wrong path to an inevitable relegation under the previous coaching team and maybe that some players werent being untilsed correctly?

...I would hope they would speak up if they were consulted

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Farke was in hindsight a dead man walking. Players may have been the coup de gras but he ultimately was the manager with a poor record in the PL.

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Was in the Athletic piece apparently.

Ah,of course they would know then 🙄

Unfair on the players. They may have just been asked about training etc and if they were honest and said there was a lack of edge during the week from players etc then it is their job / right to say so.

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Were there any? The only place I’ve seen it mentioned that Webber consulted senior players is on this messageboard. It doesn’t get mentioned in any of the official reports. Can you be sure that somebody hasn’t just made it up?