Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Frank Lampard is bookies favourite

The other thing people are forgetting with Bodo/Glimt is how fecking remote it is. It's not far off two hours away from Oslo by plane, is the most northern terminus of the Norwegian rail network - and it's north of the Arctic Circle.

In other words, it's in the middle of butt-funk blood-y nowhere. You can probably walk it to the airport from the town centre in less than half an hour.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

He made 5 subs in this match. All after the 80th minute. He’s a perfect match 

Yes he onely have plan A 

Its not easy to youse subs when you dont have much talent outside the starting 11.

Glimt have some importent players injured as well

Whilst I can see some positives in appointing Lampard it certainly wouldn't unite the fans. Moreover I'm not sure he would gain the respect of the players who must be shell shocked at the moment.

I know little of Knutsen but he seems a proper manager with some pedigree.

Whoever it is will have less time than DF and needs to hit the grounding running.

10 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

The other thing people are forgetting with Bodo/Glimt is how fecking remote it is. It's not far off two hours away from Oslo by plane, is the most northern terminus of the Norwegian rail network - and it's north of the Arctic Circle.

In other words, it's in the middle of butt-funk blood-y nowhere. You can probably walk it to the airport from the town centre in less than half an hour.

He'd find a cold Tuesday night in Stoke an utter breeze then 👍

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He'd find a cold Tuesday night in Stoke an utter breeze then 👍

Milder than you think with the Gulf Stream. Windy as **** though.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Whilst I can see some positives in appointing Lampard it certainly wouldn't unite the fans. Moreover I'm not sure he would gain the respect of the players who must be shell shocked at the moment.

I know little of Knutsen but he seems a proper manager with some pedigree.

Whoever it is will have less time than DF and needs to hit the grounding running.

A high profile ex players who's played at the top level wouldn't impress the players or gain all players, especially youngsters respect? 

What an absolute load of tosh. 

Some of the nonsense on here today is incredible. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fredherring said:

A high profile ex players who's played at the top level wouldn't impress the players or gain all players, especially youngsters respect? 

Having Experience of being  a Highly rated Youngster himself then his Career after i imagine he is exactly what some in our dressing room need and would like 

2 minutes ago, fredherring said:

His record as a player isn't under question, neither is it relevant. May as well appoint David Beckham.

• Like 2

I really do not know what Webber is planning, a couple of thoughts about Frank;

1) Lampard appears to give young players opportunities,

2) Lampard will attract and inspire good players,

3) Lampard has an ego, will that fit with the club,

4) The bookies are not stupid, Frank may actually fancy the position,

5) Webber likes head coaches, will Frank want that?

3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I really do not know what Webber is planning, a couple of thoughts about Frank;

1) Lampard appears to give young players opportunities,

2) Lampard will attract and inspire good players,

3) Lampard has an ego, will that fit with the club,

4) The bookies are not stupid, Frank may actually fancy the position,

5) Webber likes head coaches, will Frank want that?

Lampard is unlikely to relocate permantly to Norfolk? ! 

Edited by Sideshow Tim

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

2 hours 45 minutes drive to London from Norwich.

.....unless a flake of snow falls on the A11, in which case it could be an overnight trip. 🤪

Anyone but Lampard!!! He`d see us as a stepping stone. Would he work under a tight budget??? We`ll go foreign I reckon.

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Here we go...

Look at 3:07 minutes in and pause the screen......It visually says a lot.....

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Look at 3:07 minutes in and pause the screen......It visually says a lot.....

I'm keeping my thoughts on that to myself.

But I think for most it wasn't an easy decision.

image.png.b6ea1fb25d6b1879a1adca977c1d2dca.png

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

The football played in this clip looks very familiar 

If we are talking about this season, it did..... until the guy put the ball in the net 👍

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, fredherring said:

You’re absolutely right. Let’s just appoint any ‘high profile ex player’ for the players to fawn and swoon over in admiration, I mean that’s all the ingredients needed for the heat of a relegation battle. Or we could actually just sign a proper coach instead with far more strings to his bow.

I can literally just see Frank Lampard walking through the Carrow Rd entrance now having just signed TeemuVanBastens autograph book, and Max Aarons going ‘oh, it’s Frank Lampard’. And that will basically be the end of that thrilling story.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Here we go...

Thanks Cambridge, I was curious to see what everyone was on about who had seen the match via the internet and seen the directors box reaction throughout the game. And everyone’s absolutely right, it is certainly painfully obvious that a difficult decision was not long from being cast - given we were winning I think I’d have lumped a bit of a generous wedge on Farke’s fate there and then to be honest with such blatant body language as that. If you watch that clip very carefully you will subtly see Delia take a very deep breath, it was clearly a decision she dreaded making and was certainly not looking forward to what was about to unfold.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

His record as a player isn't under question, neither is it relevant. May as well appoint David Beckham.

BINGO 🏆

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

That explains why Roma lost 6-1, they got frozen to the spot.

Surely sacking Farke and doing it for “the best chance to stay in the premiership” means they have an experienced manger with either a history of high profile coaching or premier league experience? If you appoint Knutsen then what are you gaining? Might as well appoint Martin.

Do the (albeit limited) rumours on Lampard being at Dunston Hall have any substance/truth to them or is it just teenagers publicly gossiping? Anyone ITK? 😂

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Having been to Tromso several times I instantly thought "pah, bet its not that bad, he's exaggerating".

But, yep.  that does actually look like it is in the middle of nowhere!