Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Frank Lampard is bookies favourite

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Having been to Tromso several times I instantly thought "pah, bet its not that bad, he's exaggerating".

But, yep.  that does actually look like it is in the middle of nowhere! 

Been to Tromso and Svalbard, in fact I'm off to Svalbard again next year if the pandemic lets me. And when you think about it, Tromso is also in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Been to Tromso and Svalbard, in fact I'm off to Svalbard again next year if the pandemic lets me. And when you think about it, Tromso is also in the middle of nowhere.

Admittedly I know nothing much at all about the name being touted, but I quite like the idea of a Norwegian manager to be honest, we have a decent record with Norwegian players and it might help us keep hold of Normann! 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Admittedly I know nothing much at all about the name being touted, but I quite like the idea of a Norwegian manager to be honest, we have a decent record with Norwegian players and it might help us keep hold of Normann! 

He was assistant when Normann was sold from there. Normann's a Lofoten Islander, so Bodo is the nearest club of any size to him.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Look at 3:07 minutes in and pause the screen......It visually says a lot.....

****ers wanted us to lose.

Mind you, I can't complain. I'll struggle to want us to win if Frank Lampard is our manager.

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He was assistant when Normann was sold from there. Normann's a Lofoten Islander, so Bodo is the nearest club of any size to him.

Nordmann was coplaining and not happy with Bodø/Glimt. He wanted to go to a bigger clubs in Norway like Vålerenga 

The fans (and probably the club felt that Nordmann was onely lojale to himself and not the club)

Edited by Olano

I see Urs Fischer has crept into the betting market. Former centre-back and now manager of Union Berlin. Apologies if this has already been mentioned. 

11 hours ago, Top corner said:

Hope Frank lampard is the next Norwich City manger as he has got premier league experience and will keep our club in the premier league 🙂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Olano said:

Nordmann was coplaining and not happy with Bodø/Glimt. He wanted to go to a bigger clubs in Norway like Vålerenga 

The fans (and probably the club felt that Nordmann was onely lojale to himself and not the club)

If we get relegated, I imagine we will feel very similar, as he won’t be playing for us. But that’s the life of a professional footballer.

I don't know where all these names are coming from, if it was only decided on Thursday to sack Farke then it will have to be someone who is available to takeover in the next few days, I think it will probably be Roy Hodgson until the end of the season. lets face it he has been at Carrow Road watching us play lately, and then a permanent manager appointed when we know what division were in next season.

In the past few hours, Knutsen has basically come down from 7/1 to 17/10 second favourite. Lampards odds have thankfully gone out a bit now. And Farke has been installed at 33/1 to become Villa’s new boss.

16 hours ago, pete said:

Welcome Frankie you have the experience in PL and Championship.  And with something to prove to the football fraternity.  You can save Billy and get the best out of him.  You will replace Kenny and Dowell to shore up the midfield.  Don't expect you to keep us up not a miracle worker but can give fans and players a lift with your playing history.  Get us playing good football again improve on Farkeball.  You won't cost the earth, backroom staff of Jody Morris and couple of others.  Being a Chelsea legend needs to be overcome obviously, but welcome nontheless, however keep your missus at home.

Who else can we get to fit after dispensing with Daniel, Frank can save Webber's reputation which is why it is Frank's job. 

Cut out the middleman, get jodi Morris. We don't need a front man  we  need a tactically astute coach....Jody Morris . 

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You'd  slaughter  someone  for saying exactly  what you've just said  TuB , Nor  fecking  wegian?  ...I quite like the idea?   ... you're  not   buying a fecking kitchen.  Christ kid reign your feckin ego in. You might end up liking yourself more. Who gives a **** where  he or she 😉 is born. Ability  is paramount not what ' sounds  cool"

Richard 

Head

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

Isn't it short-sighted to limit the search to men? Emma Hayes anyone? It would be an amazing statement! 

Good god no, unless she brings her mate Appy Queta....... 

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

You'd  slaughter  someone  for saying exactly  what you've just said  TuB , Nor  fecking  wegian?  ...I quite like the idea?   ... you're  not   buying a fecking kitchen.  Christ kid reign your feckin ego in. You might end up liking yourself more. Who gives a **** where  he or she 😉 is born. Ability  is paramount not what ' sounds  cool"

Richard 

Head

You've got your knickers in a twist.

Norwich have a very big decision to make. Daniel Farke was dismissed on Saturday evening after their first Premier League win of the season, implying the decision was made before the match. Such planning would also indicate they have someone lined up. The favourite for the role is Frank Lampard, which would at least show some long-term thinking, rather than selecting one of the old guard in a bid to beat the drop. Farke’s replacement will know the club are likely to go back down and their role will be to accept relegation with dignity before preparing for a Championship campaign. Lampard struggled to organise a talented Chelsea squad in the Premier League and failed to bring up an expensively-assembled Derby team when in the second tier, making him a big name without the CV to back it up. He would be an underwhelming choice given Norwich’s needs. Will Unwin

- From The Guardian today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Norwich have a very big decision to make. Daniel Farke was dismissed on Saturday evening after their first Premier League win of the season, implying the decision was made before the match. Such planning would also indicate they have someone lined up. The favourite for the role is Frank Lampard, which would at least show some long-term thinking, rather than selecting one of the old guard in a bid to beat the drop. Farke’s replacement will know the club are likely to go back down and their role will be to accept relegation with dignity before preparing for a Championship campaign. Lampard struggled to organise a talented Chelsea squad in the Premier League and failed to bring up an expensively-assembled Derby team when in the second tier, making him a big name without the CV to back it up. He would be an underwhelming choice given Norwich’s needs. Will Unwin

- From The Guardian today.

Ouch! That is brutal.

48 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You've got your knickers in a twist.

Sometimes  chap, your  spouting becomes so ridiculous it can't go unmocked.

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Ouch! That is brutal.

But true……Farke has two promotions on his CV with limited budgets!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Mind you, I can't complain. I'll struggle to want us to win if Frank Lampard is our manager.

Why would you "struggle to want us to win" because of a personal dislike of the manager?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kinggoblin said:

I don't know where all these names are coming from, if it was only decided on Thursday to sack Farke then it will have to be someone who is available to takeover in the next few days, I think it will probably be Roy Hodgson until the end of the season. lets face it he has been at Carrow Road watching us play lately, and then a permanent manager appointed when we know what division were in next season.

Webber likes to plan. When he says the decision was made on Thursday it probably means that it had taken from Sunday to Wednesday to find the person he was looking for. I'd be surprised if it isn't announced today or tomorrow but I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have sacked Farke unless he had someone lined up. 

Unless they are keeping it very quiet it is plain neither Bailey nor the EDP trio have a clue who it will be. And I assume the bookies only have Lampard as favourite because he is well known and out of work. Which is why he is on the bookies' lists for the Villa job as well. On the face of it, as that Guardian piece explains, Lampard seems to be the opposite of what we need, which is a really tactically savvy head coach.

Edited by PurpleCanary

7 minutes ago, Badger said:

Why would you "struggle to want us to win" because of a personal dislike of the manager?

Because it's more than a personal dislike. Long term, I think I'd enjoy supporting my club more with him gone, so a short dip followed by a new less deplorable manager would probably be preferable. Unlike most PinkUn posters, supporting my football club is more than about winning.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Unless they are keeping it very quiet it is plain neither Bailey nor the EDP trio have a clue who it will be. And I assume the bookies only have Lampard as favourite because he is well known and out of work. Which is why he is on the bookies' lists for the Villa job as well. On the face of it, as that Guardian piece explains, Lampard seems to be the opposite of what we needs, which is a really tactically savvy head coach.

Bookies odds are determined by bets made. He started at 6/1 and quickly went to evens which means someone had a big bet or a lot of people had small bets. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Because it's more than a personal dislike. Long term, I think I'd enjoy supporting my club more with him gone, so a short dip followed by a new less deplorable manager would probably be preferable. Unlike most PinkUn posters, supporting my football club is more than about winning.

What makes you believe he is particularly deplorable?

1 minute ago, Rottingdean canary said:

I’d take what he says with a pinch of salt if I’m honest, it’s fairly clear that he doesn’t have a “source” inside of the club despite what he says.  Another young Twitter football journalist trying to make a name for himself. 

Having said that, I would be really surprised if it’s Lampard.

Just now, Badger said:

What makes you believe he is particularly deplorable?

Mocking American tourists on 12th September 2001 is the top reason. He's an entitled scumbag. A Trump-admiring Tory. And an absolute bell end to boot, as plenty of people who have witnessed him on nights out in the west end will attest.

An absolute grotbag of a human being.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Mocking American tourists on 12th September 2001 is the top reason. He's an entitled scumbag. A Trump-admiring Tory. And an absolute bell end to boot, as plenty of people who have witnessed him on nights out in the west end will attest.

An absolute grotbag of a human being.

Any pros?