Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Frank Lampard is bookies favourite

26 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

Villa have possibly acted today as they literally didn't want to miss out on the Lampard+Terry option for themselves.

Let’s hope you’re right, Ralph!

20 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Brings back memories of Barry Fry's Mecedes being spotted in the Carra Rud car park. 

Oh those were the days! 

Who's gonna look out for private flights from Naaaritch Airport? 

I always remember it as lamberts Mercedes when he threatened to leave us for I think Barnsley? The spy’s were out for that one

bring back “good news Gordon”

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

The football played in this clip looks very familiar 

Very important to know how many subs he had made by this stage of the game

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, you were being very selective - as though 2029/20 never happened, but you’re more than happy to harp on about 2918/19.  Odd, but it hits your narrative.

Meanwhile, I’ve made it perfectly clear he’d not be my choice, so we agree we’d choose someone else, just without me cherry picking the reasons to back it up.

Well of course. 18/19 was at a different club. So I address his Derby performance (failed), and then his Chelsea performance (failed). Do keep up, chap. In the interests of fairness i will grant you that he had a period of barely avoiding complete failure in his first season at Chelsea. Wonderful. Shame about what came after.

The point is, with that previous record at his last and only 2 clubs, I'm not confident about his ability to achieve success here. I'm glad we agree on  that and wouldn't pick him if it was down to either of us.

Edited by ?

13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Just for the record, I haven’t got any problem with those guys on here reading this that were respectful in their desire for a change of management, I get that totally mate, that’s fine. But the key word is *respect*, and there was none of that from this kid with a 12 year olds username - he has got some brass neck on him though, I’ll give him that! The 2 faced cr@p he’s coming out with now, well, you can only laugh ha ha

Totally with you. There are some generally unstable people on here though,  who are best ignored! I shall DM you later

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

He made 5 subs in this match. All after the 80th minute. He’s a perfect match 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How come everybody has randomly heard of some obscure 53 year old Norwegian who didn't have a serious job until 3 years ago.

It feels like a significant proportion of the people calling for Knutson may be being somewhat disingenuous, or sheep, with perhaps 3 people including our resident Norwegian Olano having actually heard of him. 

100% this.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ? said:

No, I was looking at his more recent, and thus more pertinent, season in charge.

You can't just ignore the part where he got a Champions League winning side to 8th in the Premier League because you prefer the bit that went before. 

Simply put, he failed at Derby, and he failed at Chelsea. But great, there was a period in the middle there where he achieved the absolute minimum expected of a Chelsea manager. Brilliant stuff, give him the job.

Easily pleased, as I said.

No offence to Branston, but you’ve summed Lampard up perfectly for me. He’s just a ‘name’. He hasn’t done anything outstanding in his time in management whatsoever, that is the brutal reality. The other one I dread is that Nuno dude. If he couldn’t get Spurs at least playing a bit with all their overall talent, then what the hell would he do here?! He looked like a rabbit in the headlights there every single game I’ve seen of theirs. Neither of these 2 should be remotely considered for a relegation battle. If we’ve sacked Farke to have a serious go at staying up, then we’d better damn well have a serious go at staying up and not just making a change for the hell of it just as Farke and the lads had finally got the monkey off our back.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Totally with you. There are some generally unstable people on here though,  who are best ignored! I shall DM you later

Look forward to it mate 👍

3 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

100% this.

Also 100% this. I’d never heard of him or the club he manages and I suspect most people are the same but have done a little wiki search and got on board.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We need people at morisons, outside the gunn club, and the south stand car park looking for cars at dodgey angles 

I am on it Buh as believe it or not i will be at Morrisons at 9pm tonight as 'Er Indoors has been on a coach trip to London for the weekend and it is the drop off point. I will leave a few minutes early to have a look around the ground . 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Nevermind that as we have found out that playstyle works well in the lower division but never in the top 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nevermind that as we have found out that playstyle works well in the lower division but never in the top 

I don’t want any manager that doesn’t make subs in the first 45

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am on it Buh as believe it or not i will be at Morrisons at 9pm tonight as 'Er Indoors has been on a coach trip to London for the weekend and it is the drop off point. I will leave a few minutes early to have a look around the ground . 😂

Bring your protractor we need precise angle measurement 🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Also 100% this. I’d never heard of him or the club he manages and I suspect most people are the same but have done a little wiki search and got on board.

I read about Knutson about a year ago and his record sounded impressive, he’s continued it since - it is there for the record if you chose to look/read (I’ve put a load of stuff on him earlier in this thread).  You shouldn’t confuse not knowing about something to mean that no one does.

Clearly there’s something about him or he’d not be on the ‘list’ (see pinkun article/betting odds) and not currently be favourite.  Obviously whether we’re interested, or of he would be, is a totally different thing

Edited by Branston Pickle

19 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I always remember it as lamberts Mercedes when he threatened to leave us for I think Barnsley? The spy’s were out for that one

It was Burnley. I was involved on those rumours that evening, as at the time had a mate that was very much 'in the know'. 

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Bring your protractor we need precise angle measurement 🤣🤣

Better than that i will take a few photos on my phone should i spot anything unusual.

Just now, Sideshow Tim said:

It was Burnley. I was involved on those rumours that evening, as at the time had a mate that was very much 'in the know'. 

That’s the one! That was a quality night! I remember lambert being accosted by a look east reporter in the south stand car park!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

100% this.

Also agree.

Solksjaer has walked the Norwegian league a few times as a manager. Look at his record in the EPL?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Better than that i will take a few photos on my phone should i spot anything unusual.

Here we go guys the feelers are out all over the place!

22 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Point of order Lambert had a Maserati.

31 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

The football played in this clip looks very familiar 

This is more like it, Virtual. Apparently we shouldn’t be looking at him because most of us have only heard of him recently 🤦🏻‍♂️😂. What the hell does that even matter?! The difference is a bit of research into the guy highlights his philosophies etc and shows he’s a very highly respected coach building some reputation. And that’s exactly what we need, a quality coach like Knutsen clearly is who will bring a return to us playing aggressively at *both* ends of the pitch again - and not just some name from the footballing world to impress our mates with which seems to be what’s really important to one poster in particular.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Also agree.

Solksjaer has walked the Norwegian league a few times as a manager. Look at his record in the EPL?

We want to avoid relegation, not win the League..... That's a very different proposition. 

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Also agree.

I don’t think we are looking for a manager to make us champions, managing Man U is a rather different ballgame.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Tim said:

We want to avoid relegation, not win the League..... That's a very different proposition. 

Solksjaer didn't even manage that with Cardiff.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Point of order Lambert had a Maserati.

Yesss that’s it! I remember he was getting in with his tracksuit on 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Also agree.

Solskjaer won it with one of the traditional powerhouses in Molde. Knutsen has taken a very unfashionable north Norwegian club in Bodo Glimt to the title. Big difference...and he's kept them in the mix to win it again despite losing Hauge and Zinckernagel, who were two of the key players in that title-winning team.

There's a reason Ranieri's win with Leicester was that much more surprising.

7 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Also agree.

Solskjær had money. He bougt what he wanted. Not hard to win the leage in Norway then.

Molde and Rosenborg still have money. 

Glimt, not so much. His striker was fired from Rosenborg last febrary. He had no future. Knutsen signed him for free. Now  Roma and Lazio whant him. 

There Are so many stories. Solskjer is no Kjetil Knutsen. Roy Hudgen was a manager in Norway . He did not have a chans against Rosenborg and Molde. Knutsen is walking over them

Edited by Olano
  • Thanks 1