Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Frank Lampard is bookies favourite

Can’t see Mr and Mrs Lampard leaving the West End for sleepy old Norwich 

Domenico Tedesco is a new name that’s been added to the Skybet odds list this morning. Former Schalke and Spartak Moscow boss. 

My anorak wearin' and binocular carrying mate just text me that an executive jet landed about 40 mins ago at Norwich from Brussels....Mmmh?.....Let's get them rumours buzzin'......

41 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

I'm still firmly hoping there's a possiblity of Favre, as I think he's a class above anyone else sensibly available, knows how to work with young players, is quick to make tactical changes in games and spent years working with limited funds just like us.

A perfect fit in my mind.

Am I missing something? Is this the guy who managed Dortmund last year? Interested to know why you would consider him a realistic option as to me that sounds about as likely as us hiring Pep! 

No one knows if it will be Lampard, Howe, Robins, Warne, Hughton,  Hodgson, Bruce, Espirito or whomever. It’s pure speculation on everyones part and on the bookies part, they want your dosh!

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Am I missing something? Is this the guy who managed Dortmund last year? Interested to know why you would consider him a realistic option as to me that sounds about as likely as us hiring Pep! 

It's because Dortmund was arguably his first absolute top echelon club.

He did wonders at Zurich, Hertha, BMG and Nice - none of which you'd really call big clubs in the modern game, and I'd certainly argue that we're a much closer fit to the clubs he's truly thrived at than the likes of Dortmund who have much higher expectations and requirements and where even his excellent first season there wasn't enough when he had a run of poorer games.

He was on the verge of joining Palace not so long ago (who are not exactly well run), and we've shown with Farke that we do give managers a fair chance (unlike say Watford who chop and change almost twice a season), we're being run in a way that develops youth (something he's big on), and we're a Premier League club which still makes us bigger than most of Europe outside the Champions League sides.

52 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

It's because Dortmund was arguably his first absolute top echelon club.

He did wonders at Zurich, Hertha, BMG and Nice - none of which you'd really call big clubs in the modern game, and I'd certainly argue that we're a much closer fit to the clubs he's truly thrived at than the likes of Dortmund who have much higher expectations and requirements and where even his excellent first season there wasn't enough when he had a run of poorer games.

He was on the verge of joining Palace not so long ago (who are not exactly well run), and we've shown with Farke that we do give managers a fair chance (unlike say Watford who chop and change almost twice a season), we're being run in a way that develops youth (something he's big on), and we're a Premier League club which still makes us bigger than most of Europe outside the Champions League sides.

Fair play. I hadn’t done any research I just assumed a guy that was managing Dortmund last year would be way out of our league. I probably do still feel that way to be fair as I suppose I’ve been conditioned to the little ol Norwich way but you never know. 

FOOTBALL BETTING

Next Norwich manager odds (via Sky Bet)

• Frank Lampard - 1/2
  • Russell Martin - 5/1
  • Steve Bruce - 10/1
  • Enrico Maaßen - 12/1
  • Dean Smith - 16/1
  • Kjetil Knutsen - 16/1
  • Lucien Favre - 16/1

4 hours ago, Jpootz said:

Domenico Tedesco is a new name that’s been added to the Skybet odds list this morning. Former Schalke and Spartak Moscow boss. 

Sounds familiar-ish?! 👀 "After a 0–7 defeat against Manchester City in the Champions League round of 16 and seven winless games in a row, Tedesco was sacked on 14 March 2019".

I'm pretty such I saw Luis Boa Morte linked, I cant find it now. 

29 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Sounds familiar-ish?! 👀 "After a 0–7 defeat against Manchester City in the Champions League round of 16 and seven winless games in a row, Tedesco was sacked on 14 March 2019".

I'm pretty such I saw Luis Boa Morte linked, I cant find it now. 

Michael Bailey has ruled out Boa Morte in his latest Athletic article. 

49 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Lampard reported in discussions with Webber at Dunston Hall this morning apparently.

Until he's been seen at Asda then that's not possible 😊

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Great follow up on the 'what the Leeds fans think' thread. Is there any other club out there who has fans who set so much store in the opinions of other club's fans regarding the decisions for their own club? 

You could also ask if there any other fans of prem clubs that would think Mark Robins or Russ Martin would be a good appointment for their club.

Of course it makes a massive difference as to how you're perceived in the top leagues, it's all about fine margins and riding a wave of succes/confidence. 

Brentford fully had the backing of the neutrals and pundits and its given them a healthy start. We have been dismissed before a ball was kicked and the players continually get messages asking why they're here, how **** we are, how we don't try, and why don't they join villa, Leeds etc. 

Beleif is a massive factor in this game and you can sway the external influences if you display ambition in signings or managerial appointments. 

• Confused 2

I just don't feel Marti has enough experience, or achieved enough to be considered. I know he's well liked but he's not exactly tearing up trees at Swansea to be considered, surely? 

It's whether Webber has someone lined up, or he's now trawling through expressions of interest

5 hours ago, daly said:

Can’t see Mr and Mrs Lampard leaving the West End for sleepy old Norwich 

2 hours 45 minutes drive to London from Norwich.

2 hours 48 minutes drive to London from Derby..... and he went there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Samwam27 said:

I just don't feel Marti has enough experience, or achieved enough to be considered. I know he's well liked but he's not exactly tearing up trees at Swansea to be considered, surely? 

It's whether Webber has someone lined up, or he's now trawling through expressions of interest

Exactly, Russell Martin needs to prove himself at Swansea first. At least get them in the top 6 next season on a tight budget or something. 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Lampard reported in discussions with Webber at Dunston Hall this morning apparently.

I was told this rumour by somebody who plays golf at Dunston Hall, some other golf club members had told him. 

It is looking like Lampard has at least been interviewed for the role. Whether he is the only person being interviewed is anybodies guess?

Well this s quite some welcome from the forum's number 3 happy clapper, who has really nailed his colours to the mast when it comes to Lampard.

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Same, and that emotion will turn to anger if when that statement comes out weve replaced him with someone like Frank fcking Lampard.

On 19/09/2021 at 09:28, hogesar said:

The fact some fans even on here want to replace Farke with Frank Fcking Lampard is an excellent example of not having  the first clue about football. Id be disgusted with the club if we made that sort of step down.

Personally I will be backing him if it is confirmed, and hoping he can help bring our youngsters through like he did with James, Mount and a few others at Chelsea. Lampard still has it all to prove, which is why he's being linked to the club in 20th, but he can at least be credited for clearly being able to identify the best players in an U23/U18 team and then successfully guiding them through the transition to first team football. He is at least owed some credit for that! 

Farke had it all the prove when he came here too, we gave him our trust and he repaid us - I, for one, would be extending the same to Lampard, who always seems like a thoroughly decent and intelligent chap to me. 

I really, really don’t want Frank Lampard as our manager. Goes without saying if it is him then we all get behind him but I’d rather have kept Farke out of the two 

4 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I really, really don’t want Frank Lampard as our manager. Goes without saying if it is him then we all get behind him but I’d rather have kept Farke out of the two 

It is going to be him, so I'd get used to it.

• Thanks 1

Not too keen on Lampard, but end of the day he plays and trusts in youth knows the divison and he won't be an unknown nobody who will walk into the dressing room with everything to prove.. The players will know him, look up to him and respect him.

And Gilmour will probably become a first choice player rather than Mclean too 😉

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

It is going to be him, so I'd get used to it.

Just speculation at the moment. I don’t look into bookies odds too much. I’m still expecting an appointment that none of us saw coming rather than a name 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Just speculation at the moment. I don’t look into bookies odds too much. I’m still expecting an appointment that none of us saw coming rather than a name 

Arrived at Dunston Hall by helicopter this morning, spent at least two hours there and then left by chauffeured car - presumably to Colney or Carrow Road. Source: Golf club member. 

That doesn't mean he has got the job, but does mean that he's a serious candidate and been interviewed. That's why the odds are so short and showing no signs of getting longer.

Paddy Power has dropped to 8/11! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1