Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

What a mess this club is!

2 hours ago, AJ said:

The timing was odd indeed, but they had already made the decision. In an environment like this to not want to disrupt the team going into a crucial match was important, as the win showed, in a way it was right to wait until after the game. The only thing I’d say is that maybe it could have waited until Monday, straight after the game going into an international break just seems a harsh thing to do it so instantly. Perhaps they’ve already got someone in is the only reason I can think to do it so swiftly 

No replacement yet, they did it after the game because Farke would have flown straight home to Germany due to the international break; training was not due to start again until Friday.  The dismissal had to be face to face, they could not afford to allow best part of a week to pass.

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Delia looked like death warmed up after our goal, you could see they knew.

And it's not harsh, he should've gone weeks ago, so very glad he left on a high.

Yes poor timing, should have been done after the Leeds game but better than leaving it for a home game where the crowd would have hammered him Worthy style. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

2 + 2 = 5 is exactly what I'm doing 😀😀

To be honest, its only a few posters, but it's the ones who spent the last month, plus the last 10 years, criticising Delia (her specifically,  even though it would be a board decision), for not being ruthless enough, being too friendly with staff etc etc.

Those same few posters, who will know exactly who they are, are now trying to rip into the board for a lack of humility and maybe being 'too ruthless'? Its absolutely bizarre. If anyone should be criticising the board it should be someone like me who wasn't even sure they wanted Farke out and therefore criticising the decision to sack him. Instead its abundantly clear that @Midlands Yellow, for example, would criticise the board even if they went and personally obliged to every request he made in a timely and polite fashion. Thats fine, its his or her prerogative,  but I know now that these posters should be ignored for any opinion on our board because they refuse to show any resemblance of balance.

As for the rest of your post, had we lost to Southampton it would feel like back to step one. We were fortunate second half yesterday, but first half it was pleasant to see 'Farke ball' played again, despite the obvious lack of confidence. 

Farke is probably my favourite ever manager and I have doubts that the signings made are good enough right now. But as said elsewhere, I dont think Webber can really be criticised until the end of the season. He has put his reputation on the line by sacking Farke and essentially saying his signings are good enough. And with the new head coach being his responsibility too, there isn't a hiding space for him.

Hoggy my friend I do worry for you. Your young, in a relationship (married or have partner?) run your own business yet still spend all your waking life on this MB. Go for a pint or watch a family friendly film on Ch 5 or anything else that appeals. There’s more to life then the Pinkun. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Right decision imo. Would have been a tad kinder to do it today rather than straight after the game but either way, we were at the end game. A sad day but something had to give.

OTBC

Sacking a manager straight after a winning game is harsh but it may be it was done then as the players are not due back at Colney for several days. At least DF and the other coaching staff had a chance to say goodbye last night.

It may have little to do with that of course. When Mike Walker was sacked from his second spell it was on the back of two 5-0 home wins and his wife had died shortly before.  And this was when 'cuddly ' Delia & MWJ were at the helm.

Sentimentality and football aren't two words that sit together at all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Another scouse victim 

Just remembered, it’s not just me they wound up, but also a Swansea fan who was a regular before he went back to Wales.

Liverpool beat them 5-0 in their relegation season over the “Festive fixtures” period and he was hoping that since the time came he’d bump into the Liverpool supporting regulars would be in the new year, meaning they would forget it, they still however mentioned it then started sniggering. He said “Yeah, laugh it up, I’ve accepted we are going down. Stupid American hedge fundies ruining our club”, only for them to keep laughing.

There is a line when it comes to banter and this lot cross it.

Going back on topic, I’m going to see if Farke’s going to manage Paderborn after seeing a thread about him on a private jet bound for there.

Edited by KernowCanary

13 hours ago, WD40 said:

You’ve been calling for his head all week unless I’m mistaken? 

Don't let that stand in the way of someone finding absolutely any stick they possibly can to beat the club with.

We won and some people got what they wanted regarding the managerial change, it was slim pickings.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

This.👍

It's all rather hypocritical those moaning about the club not being ruthless are now complaining about the club being ruthless.

Yes. At least own it. 

• Like 1

It wasn't personal about DF by posters. It was about the level of tolerance of defeat after defeat. Yet after a win, the night was ruined by yet another balls up by our owners.

You can see from their faces yesterday that they though we would lose to Brentford and they would be justified in sacking him. When we went two up they realised they would have to go ahead with their premeditated decision. Hence the glum looks on their faces.

Just the same as we supporters have to suck it up, so do the board. We will never know if its the right decision but the majority think it was. But the manner it was carried out leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. I thought it was time for a change but I didn't want the execution to be so sadistic.

21 hours ago, hogesar said:

I can't believe those calling for his head, and we're talking the same posters who said "regardless of the Brentford result, he has to go", are now calling the club "a mess" for doing exactly that. It's quite funny, and has shown some posters up for what they are - trolls who don't like the fact our club is owned by a woman (Delia wouldn't have made the decision herself obviously, it would have been suggested / pushed from the SPORTING director - and had Delia overruled Webber we'd have had all sorts of rubbish on here)

Are you OK hogesar? You don't seem to be taking this very well at all and your posts aren't making a great deal of sense. 

Can you actually name a single person who was calling for Farke to be sacked and is now saying that he shouldn't have been sacked? 

The examples you have already given have been completely incorrect - Midland Yellow hasn't been calling for Farke to be sacked, he has always been anti-board / wants a change of ownership. In fact, he has consistently voted for Farke to stay in the job in the various polls we've had this season (including the one where only 25% voted the same way).

Delia owns her majority shareholding with her husband, who I presume has male genitalia, I honestly don't think I've ever seen anybody object to Delia's ownership on the basis that she is a female.

And here is what you were saying all week before the Leeds game, which we lost! 

On 25/10/2021 at 00:23, hogesar said:

Play poorly and lose to Leeds next week and it'll be curtains

On 26/10/2021 at 08:57, hogesar said:

Poor performance against Leeds and he'll be gone.

On 25/10/2021 at 11:36, hogesar said:

If he does and we start to get results, he'll be given more time. If he doesn't and we are poor against Leeds then I'm not sure what anyone can really expect.

On 25/10/2021 at 10:56, hogesar said:

As for our board doing nothing, if we fail to perform vs Leeds I'd be very surprised if Farke is still with us, rightly or wrongly.

So what exactly is your gripe?

You are lashing out at Midland Yellow, claiming he's said things that he hasn't, and you seem to have accepted that Farke was going to be sacked if we failed to avoid defeat against Leeds. We lost to Leeds, and in the week which followed our board did exactly as you predicted, there should be no surprises. You literally said that he'd be gone if we lost to Leeds! 

On 06/11/2021 at 23:29, TheBaldOne66 said:

Been out all night with friends and come home to find Farke has been sacked!

What a strange time to do it after we’ve won our first game of the season! 

Just shows how poorly run the club currently is! I wasn’t a fan of Farke’s but the timing of his dismissal is bizarre to say the least! Surely Farke deserved better than that?

Alternatively it shows how pathetic certain of our so called fans on this message board are. Did you want him out or not???

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Alternatively it shows how pathetic certain of our so called fans on this message board are. Did you want him out or not???

I keep seeing people say this, but name some names?

Which posters have called for Farke to be sacked, and then claimed its the wrong decision? 

Just because Hogesar says it doesn't make it true. Midland Yellow, for example, never called for Farke to be sacked and kept voting 'Farke In' on the various recent 'in or out' polls.

On 07/11/2021 at 00:29, TheBaldOne66 said:

Been out all night with friends and come home to find Farke has been sacked!

What a strange time to do it after we’ve won our first game of the season! 

Just shows how poorly run the club currently is! I wasn’t a fan of Farke’s but the timing of his dismissal is bizarre to say the least! Surely Farke deserved better than that?

To be fair, they made a decision on the back of the Leeds result. They kept Farke in place for the best chance of a result at Brentford, but the decision had been made, the international break was the right time, and holding off telling him any longer than necessary would be cruel. 

The win was great and I felt showed that Farke could well have turned it around, but it was too late once the decision had already been made. 

The misery on Delia's face during the Brentford game spoke volumes, but Farke has taken it in good grace, he will be successful wherever he goes next, and I've no doubt the club will have someone well - suited to continue in a similar vein. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

A lot of crap written about the poor timing of this…. Not seen any of these idiot keyboard critics actually explain when would have been the right time or indeed why it was so wrong or as the op put it why the club is such a mess.   

Seems to me the timing of this was absolutely spot on…. It turned out that Daniel could end on a sort of high having won and had opportunity to give the fans a proper wave.  It also happened before things went toxic and he’s left with a fantastic legacy, much loved for the brilliant job he’s done.   We’ve now got some time to get someone in and settled.    

If we’d lost at Brentford, few would be complaining about the timing.     Thanks for everything Daniel, top man!   

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Are you OK hogesar? You don't seem to be taking this very well at all and your posts aren't making a great deal of sense. 

Can you actually name a single person who was calling for Farke to be sacked and is now saying that he shouldn't have been sacked? 

The examples you have already given have been completely incorrect - Midland Yellow hasn't been calling for Farke to be sacked, he has always been anti-board / wants a change of ownership. In fact, he has consistently voted for Farke to stay in the job in the various polls we've had this season (including the one where only 25% voted the same way).

Delia owns her majority shareholding with her husband, who I presume has male genitalia, I honestly don't think I've ever seen anybody object to Delia's ownership on the basis that she is a female.

And here is what you were saying all week before the Leeds game, which we lost! 

So what exactly is your gripe?

You are lashing out at Midland Yellow, claiming he's said things that he hasn't, and you seem to have accepted that Farke was going to be sacked if we failed to avoid defeat against Leeds. We lost to Leeds, and in the week which followed our board did exactly as you predicted, there should be no surprises. You literally said that he'd be gone if we lost to Leeds! 

When Hoggy is in a corner and wrong (again) there will be no response. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

When Hoggy is in a corner and wrong (again) there will be no response. 

Looks like he owes you an apology for incorrectly calling you out. 

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I keep seeing people say this, but name some names?

Which posters have called for Farke to be sacked, and then claimed its the wrong decision? 

Just because Hogesar says it doesn't make it true. Midland Yellow, for example, never called for Farke to be sacked and kept voting 'Farke In' on the various recent 'in or out' polls.

This was a direct reply to thebaldone66 who wanted him sacked but then claims the timing was unprofessional. When were they supposed to do it? Next week ( cowardly, they are all away, no chance to say goodbye) After Southampton ( wasted the international break which would give the new manager a chance to bed himself in). The reality is that this board has been packed with people calling for his head( something which didn’t happen with the real fans ie those that actually attend the stadiums) yet when it happens these people all wet their pants.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

something which didn’t happen with the real fans ie those that actually attend the stadiums

Loads of people who go to games said after Leeds that they realised Farke had to go, but didn't want it to get to the point where the fans had to sing Farke Out and get nasty, they wanted the board to act swiftly rather than it to get to that point.

The fans at the stadium didn't want to disrespect somebody they had a lot of time for, didn't mean they hadn't realised he was done.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Loads of people who go to games said after Leeds that they realised Farke had to go, but didn't want it to get to the point where the fans had to sing Farke Out and get nasty, they wanted the board to act swiftly rather than it to get to that point.

The fans at the stadium didn't want to disrespect somebody they had a lot of time for, didn't mean they hadn't realised he was done.

I've deliberately not posted since the announcement on Saturday as I didn't want to say anything in the heat of the moment (I was gutted and shocked when I heard the announcement, for the record!), but in the cold light of day, what TVB has posted above summarises my feelings pretty neatly. I don't think the uproar would've been anywhere near as great had we have lost on Saturday, but the board took a calculated gamble based on our (pretty awful) first 10 games.

While I feel terrible for Daniel, who is clearly one of the most likeable, intelligent and dedicated managers we've ever had, we still need to make sure we have a proper crack at survival. Only time and results will tell whether this shake of the dice was the right call, but I don't blame Webber for making it. He's the field marshal who has to take collateral damage out of the equation and act with his head rather than his heart.

Anyone who has ever criticised Delia and Michael for being too sentimental with managers (Worthington, Gunn, Hughton et al) has no recourse for complaint at the decisive action taken this week. I'm glad that, in time, we'll be able to look back on the remarkable work Daniel and his team achieved here without having to try and gloss over the misery of a prolonged campaign to get rid of him.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Just remembered, it’s not just me they wound up, but also a Swansea fan who was a regular before he went back to Wales.

Liverpool beat them 5-0 in their relegation season over the “Festive fixtures” period and he was hoping that since the time came he’d bump into the Liverpool supporting regulars would be in the new year, meaning they would forget it, they still however mentioned it then started sniggering. He said “Yeah, laugh it up, I’ve accepted we are going down. Stupid American hedge fundies ruining our club”, only for them to keep laughing.

There is a line when it comes to banter and this lot cross it.

Going back on topic, I’m going to see if Farke’s going to manage Paderborn after seeing a thread about him on a private jet bound for there.

Farke comes from around there, so that's probably where his home in Germany is. Lippstadt, his first club, isn't far away from Paderborn either.

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Farke comes from around there, so that's probably where his home in Germany is. Lippstadt, his first club, isn't far away from Paderborn either.

Looks like he’s going to take a break from management more than anything else then. I suppose he’ll return to the job, but managing a German Regional League team.

7 hours ago, Commonsense said:

This was a direct reply to thebaldone66 who wanted him sacked but then claims the timing was unprofessional. When were they supposed to do it? Next week ( cowardly, they are all away, no chance to say goodbye) After Southampton ( wasted the international break which would give the new manager a chance to bed himself in). The reality is that this board has been packed with people calling for his head( something which didn’t happen with the real fans ie those that actually attend the stadiums) yet when it happens these people all wet their pants.

Can you actually show where I said it’s unprofessional? I never mentioned that word at all, I said I didn’t agree with the timing as many don’t, so if you want to quote me make it accurate!

16 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Looks like he’s going to take a break from management more than anything else then. I suppose he’ll return to the job, but managing a German Regional League team.

Pretty sure he'll be higher up than the regional leagues in Germany. I actually wouldn't be completely surprised if he became a DoF somewhere though as that was apparently his initial wish.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2021 at 23:57, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be fair, they made a decision on the back of the Leeds result. They kept Farke in place for the best chance of a result at Brentford, but the decision had been made, the international break was the right time, and holding off telling him any longer than necessary would be cruel. 

The win was great and I felt showed that Farke could well have turned it around, but it was too late once the decision had already been made. 

The misery on Delia's face during the Brentford game spoke volumes, but Farke has taken it in good grace, he will be successful wherever he goes next, and I've no doubt the club will have someone well - suited to continue in a similar vein. 

I'd heard that Webber was planning to pull the trigger the day before he did, but Delia had put her foot down.

"NOT ON FRIENDLY FRIDAY!" she'd screamed.