TeemuVanBasten

Could Farke's next job be in England?

How would you feel if he was named Sheffield United manager imminently?

Their manager is surely under pressure, and Sheffield United would want a manager with promotions on his CV.

Its difficult to think about isn't it, the idea that we could face a Farke team next season!

I hope not,  be sad to see him in another dug out.

hope he returns to Germany and has a wonderful career and ends up in champions league as Webber once predicted.

Hopefully will go back home to Germany but there will be no shortage of Championship clubs wanting to hire him. 

Not really.

Personally I don't think he will manage in England again tho I suspect many Championship teams would like himl

Part of me wants to see him stay in England so if he comes back to Carrow Road at the helm of another team, he could get one last loud, passionate send-off. And part of me wants me to see him go back home to Germany, take on a fallen giant sort like Hamburg, Schalke, or Werder Bremen, and turn them around. Or even go back to Dortmund - for the first team.

And all of me hopes he makes Webber's Champions League prediction come true.

Farkeball at it's best - played by top players - would be unbeatable and people hold him in high regard in the game, so actually he could go to a higher club than ours from here. After all, Smith is struggling at Villa......

22 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel rocks up at Man City in some capacity…

I needed a laugh than you 😂😂😂

His family is still in Germany so I would imagine he'll try to get something there. Now he has the reputation he has it shouldn't be too hard for him to get a decent job there even of he has to bide his time...

29 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

His family is still in Germany so I would imagine he'll try to get something there. Now he has the reputation he has it shouldn't be too hard for him to get a decent job there even of he has to bide his time...

This. He will be heading back to Germany with his team

I'm sure loads of Championship clubs would love to have him but I'd assume he'll be setting his sights higher than that.

PL clubs will take one look at his record in this division and say that he isn't up to the required standard. Clubs in the Bundesliga are often able to see beyond the results, view the situation in the wider context and identify talented coaches..

Klopp is a perfect example of this. He initially did amazing work at Mainz - getting promoted and avoiding relegation - but got relegated the following year. Despite not being able to get them promoted again, Dortmund hired him. 

Not in a million years would that happen (a top club hiring a relegated manager) in the uk.

So to conclude, Farke will get a decent job in the Bundesliga before the end of the season.

I think its highly unlikely that we'll see Daniel managing in England again - he has always made it pretty clear that he wanted go back to Germany eventually and he also said that Norwich would be the only English club he would ever manage.

Just as he also said he has never and would never break a contract with a club.

Daniel strikes me as a man who keeps his word, in marked contrast to the fork tongued Webber.

9 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Who cares? 

I do as will many other fans. At championship level he has given us amazing times and memories. I will be following his career intently wherever he ends up 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

I'm sure loads of Championship clubs would love to have him but I'd assume he'll be setting his sights higher than that.

PL clubs will take one look at his record in this division and say that he isn't up to the required standard. Clubs in the Bundesliga are often able to see beyond the results, view the situation in the wider context and identify talented coaches..

Klopp is a perfect example of this. He initially did amazing work at Mainz - getting promoted and avoiding relegation - but got relegated the following year. Despite not being able to get them promoted again, Dortmund hired him. 

Not in a million years would that happen (a top club hiring a relegated manager) in the uk.

So to conclude, Farke will get a decent job in the Bundesliga before the end of the season.

Think that is exactly right - the Bundesliga is still a proper football league, unlike the Premier League charade/reality TV show which features very expensive 'made for TV football based content'.

And Farke is a proper football coach who wants to play real and exciting football, so after the initial disappointment at his treatment here wears off, I would imagine he will be far happier playing real football in the Bundesliga, after all who wouldn't be - accountants excepted of course.

3 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

Would not be surprised if he became a sporting director , like Webber, rather than a hands on coach. 

Could he be our Sporting Director?

How about a straight ballot amongst our supporters, Webber or Farke. My vote is for the one that doesn't need wifey to hold his hand.