Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Rant about Football rumour websites!

Sorry but i''m so fed up of certian football rumours websites! They annoy me because theres so much crap on them. For example since Ronaldo said he was unhappy at madrid, everyone is saying ''I have a contact in liverpool and ronaldo will be a Kop player 1000% true". If you read http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm you''ll see what i mean. Everyone has a link to the club, i didn''t know football clubs employed so many people. Another thing that bugs me is the player they say are coming. People must think the clubs have an unlimited bank balance. "This summer Liverpool are going to buy Kuyt, Joaquin, Simao, Owen, Ronaldo and Aimar 100% True", Whats that £75 Millions pounds worth of players! I didn''t know Abramovich owned liverpool too! Another example is this. These are the players Arsenal are buying in the summer:

GK-
frey,hildebrand,coupet

CDF-
king,mexes,lucio,trabelsi,maduro

MF-
y.toure,gattuso,reo-coker,baraja,a.diarra,m.diarra

wingers-
malouda,vicente,simao,r.babel

ST-
van der vaart,torres,nuno gomes,
d.bent,carew,govou,

Any guess how a club who have just financed a new stadium and don''t have tons of money flowing though the bank accounts are going to buy these players????

Sorry I just fancied a rant. I hope you see what i''m trying to say!

Tom,

I hope you feel better - your rant has caused me to rant. I do not care what any other club is doing as long as they are not interested in one of our players (well some of em)

If you want to waste your time writing about Liverpool fine, but to it one of their boards not the damn pink un one.

Besides you are obviously not aware of Liverpools spending power now they have sorted out their sponsorships and shirt deals.

In the meantime can I suggst that you call someone about your compulsive disorder to look at a web site that you so obviously hate.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Sorry but i''m so fed up of certian football rumours websites! They annoy me because theres so much crap on them. For example since Ronaldo said he was unhappy at madrid, everyone is saying ''I have a contact in liverpool and ronaldo will be a Kop player 1000% true". If you read http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm you''ll see what i mean. Everyone has a link to the club, i didn''t know football clubs employed so many people. Another thing that bugs me is the player they say are coming. People must think the clubs have an unlimited bank balance. "This summer Liverpool are going to buy Kuyt, Joaquin, Simao, Owen, Ronaldo and Aimar 100% True", Whats that £75 Millions pounds worth of players! I didn''t know Abramovich owned liverpool too! Another example is this. These are the players Arsenal are buying in the summer:

GK-
frey,hildebrand,coupet

CDF-
king,mexes,lucio,trabelsi,maduro

MF-
y.toure,gattuso,reo-coker,baraja,a.diarra,m.diarra

wingers-
malouda,vicente,simao,r.babel

ST-
van der vaart,torres,nuno gomes,
d.bent,carew,govou,

Any guess how a club who have just financed a new stadium and don''t have tons of money flowing though the bank accounts are going to buy these players????

Sorry I just fancied a rant. I hope you see what i''m trying to say!

[/quote]

Your talking rubbish again, i find these websites to actually be really accurate.

this will be the portsmouth squad in the summer

GK: Ashdown
Defence: O''Brien,Primus,Kompany, Stefanovic, Resign Arjan De Zeeuw

Midfeild: Viafara, Bowyer , Davis, Pedro Mendes,Sebastian Larrson(loan from arsenal),taylor, o''neil

Attack: Lua Lua,Koller,Karadas,Messi(loan from baracelona) and Ricardo Fuller.

If Pompey stay up, and that''s a BIG if, I''m also pretty certain that Barcelona and Argentina regular Messi will be at Fratton Park next year, to further his career. Mental.

Your talking rubbish again

When have I talked rubbish before? I can''t remember that! Sorry about my rant i was fed up last night and sorry to Rossi 46, i was only using liverpool as an example! Sorry to everyone if i''ve annoyed people!

Tom, everyone knows you read things from ''rumour'' sites or red-topped-tabliods (comics) with a huge pinch of salt.

If you hate the ridiculous speculation buy a proper newspaper or use a more reliable site. Stop stressing yourself out ... it is self-inflicted and doesn''t have to be that way!

OTBC 

I want too back up Tom. Football rumours is officially the most pathetic, unreliable but down right hilarious football website ever. I havent hardly seen anything on it come true, and stopped reading after it said we were set too sign damien francis on loan. Like we would ever resign him. I also seem to remember it linking dean ashton with a 15 million move somewhere.

Just look at all of sheffield wednesdays summer buys.  Is Alan Suger taking over as chairman there.

sheffield wednesday ins:d.riordan, m.mcindoe, g.halford, p.abbott, k.commons, b.sharp, l.trundle, f.eastwood, k.hawley, s.deeney, s.flinders, j.hart,

A strike force of riordon, (why would he go there - rangers want him), eastwood (whos going up with southend, wednesday could go down), billy sharp amd lee trundle.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

If you read http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm you''ll see what i mean.

[/quote]

For me, the /dodgy bit would be a warning

Accept your point though that some people with way too much time on their hands making up rumours from fictional contacts can be very annoying.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Tom, everyone knows you read things from ''rumour'' sites or red-topped-tabliods (comics) with a huge pinch of salt.

If you hate the ridiculous speculation buy a proper newspaper or use a more reliable site. Stop stressing yourself out ... it is self-inflicted and doesn''t have to be that way!

OTBC 

[/quote]

As I said, i was fed up last night! Sorry for the rant once again

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Your talking rubbish again

When have I talked rubbish before? I can''t remember that! Sorry about my rant i was fed up last night and sorry to Rossi 46, i was only using liverpool as an example! Sorry to everyone if i''ve annoyed people!

[/quote]

Sorry Tom you haven''t read my post, was supposed to be sarcasm. Mind you, when we make the playoffs maybe we could take Messi on loan

there really is no need to apologise.

re:football-rumours

i happen to know that agents use this site as a way of getting fans and the media to talk up moves, obviously it also allows anyone the ability to make up a load of old rubbish.

from memory, that particular site was the first to mention many of the signings we have actually made or confirmed as targets like Halford, Jerome etc. You just have to thumb through it using your own filtering techniques.

To be honest I couldnt give a brass farthing about who ManUSA etc are going to sign in the summer, so i dont even give them pieces the time of day