Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

A bit of me died tonight ...

17 hours ago, lake district canary said:

In the past I've been so hoping for a long term manager to emerge, the likes of a John Bond for instance - or Ferguson/Wenger - as it would match the values of the club so well. I thought Lambert could be that man, then Hughton, then Neil - all of whom didn't stay for varying reasons, but with Farke I thought we had finally got that man. Someone who we could ride the roller coaster with for many years and when he was given a four year contract, I really thought that it was going to happen. 

I understand the pressure of the PL and the need to try and stay there, but this has been a bit more of an emotional shock.  DF has been brilliant for our club - and imo could have been again - and today may have been the start of that, which was partly why I was so pleased for him and the team today.  It seemed like a psychological corner had been turned. But now?  I really don't know, but it seems a decision based on lost nerve rather than anything logical.

A step back, imo....the world does turn, but it doesn't feel like it at the moment!! It seems like it started turning today for the club when the team won and then it stopped the moment the sacking was announced. I guess it will start again, but as far as the football is concerned, I don't think it will ever be the same again - Farke was the soul of the team, not Webber or DS/MJW and I doubt if that can easily be replaced. We may get a good manager in, we may even stay up, but a little bit of magic left the club today.

Now by your intensely pro club/ Smith / Farke / Webber standards, I do agree with a lot of what you say especially the highlighted words. So simple but so true. 

However, we all know that you simply wanted to 'cling on' to Farke come hell or high water. It's clear in pretty much every post you pen. That's your view and you are entirely right to elucidate that as you have. However, we always harp back to the 'good old day's. Just before it became clear that Lambert wanted away, you would be hard pressed to find anyone who did not regard him as the 'greatest of all time' for us. His three year track record stands proud. No-one achieved that before or (to date) neither has any successor. Of course the Glasgee boy trashed his own reputation by his behaviour and has never achieved anything since. However, in Farke  we had (until he actually managed in the PL) a new 'Messiah' almost 'Shanklyesque' in his relationship with Yellows.

You may be right in that  we will never get that 'feeling' again but things turn very quickly in football. New Gods emerge all the time and I'm pretty optimistic that a new one will grace the FCR touchline who will encompass that relationship we had with Farke and potentially achieve more at the 'top table' of English football.      

A bitter-sweet end to a cracking away day, I can't remember us being that loud for a ages, mebbe only Palace away 2005(?) when we took 6/7000ish. Regardless of whether he should have gone or the fact he had a poor set of stats in the PL, you had the feeling he was a lovely fella who you'd definitely want to chat to, not like some, more sucessful PL managers we've had that you always had the feeling were not the most PLeasent. The captial PL was not a typo.

Auf wiedersehen Mr Farke, thanks for the memories.

Since NCFC first played in the old First Division only O'Neil and Lambert have better overall win percentages.  Farke's overall win percentage is 6th best in the club's history.  I hope he gets a decent job somewhere, he deserves it.

11 minutes ago, Numan said:

Since NCFC first played in the old First Division only O'Neil and Lambert have better overall win percentages.  Farke's overall win percentage is 6th best in the club's history.  I hope he gets a decent job somewhere, he deserves it.

But narrow it down to matches played in the top tier and then tell us where he ranks in that list.  

2 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

But narrow it down to matches played in the top tier and then tell us where he ranks in that list.  

Give it a rest. He has gone .... so a few statistics shouldn't get you riled up anymore.  I was just placing him within the ranks of all the city managers, regardless of what division they worked in. Top percentage was 50% by Norman Low in the Third Division South during the 50s.  Better than Saunders, O'Neil, Lambert, Farke, Bond (my personal favourite manager), Walker and Stringer.  Do you want to denigrate Mr Low's achievement of winning half of his 258 matches in charge as well?