Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

City Reserves being kicked out of Prem Reserve League

Bring on the reserves of Barnet and stevenage!

How come we will be playing this sort of opposition, what happened to the reserve sides of clubs like wolves, watford, sheffield utd, etc. I think the reserve league should be the same as the main league, for example we should be in the same reserve league as the other 23 championship clubs, not stuck with conference clubs.

I Wonder if this would have had any bearing on Rossi Jarvis signing, or maybe Michael Spillane will now think twice when he is due to sign as where are these young lads now going to play regular football.  Rossi will rot under Worthington, Michael may be a bit luckier, but Worthington is not known for his love of playing young talent.  I think it is a shame, but this year has been a bit of a farce with hardly any pros being available (Monday was an exception) hence the fact they are sitting at the bottom of the league.  I suppose it probably would not improve next season (unless first team squad remain fit)!!!! So its back to playing reserve games about once every three weeks then at Colney on a Tuesday afternoon as it used to be.  SHAME.

I was wondering myself what the future of the Premier Reserve League held when I looked at the table the other day.

Around half (if not more) of the teams represented clubs from the Championship - so the expulsion threat does not just affect Norwich City.

Whatever the final outcome the club should strive to enter the most competitive league they can find - but what league that would be I haven''t got a clue!

Perhaps a return to the old days of the Combination may be on the cards?

[quote user="silver fox"]I didn''t recognise many of the Chelsea reserve players when they played us this week.[/quote]

Only people I recognised was Pidgley and Scott Sinclair. Personally I think the reserves league should have a similar structure to the first team leagues. It seems strange that we go from playing Arsenal and Chelsea reserves to playing seriously smaller clubs!

Well it is a Premier League reserve league and i can see why it is happening!!

I bet West Ham and Wigan wont be demoted from their reserve league next yr as they will stay up!! Something we should of done had we made the most of it!!

The repurcussions(Spelling!!??) are still being felt from our dismal year and will continue to be a thorne in our side (no not peter!!)

The effect of not having a stepping stone from Academy to Good Reserve Team football will have a massive impact on next years youth team players.The premier league IMO are concerned with keeping sides from outside the premiership at arms length.I thought they are supposed to be concerned about developement of young players.The scholars at Norwich see it as the next step in their developement to be on the pitch against top players.It gives them confidence for the future and they are able to see at close quarters what it will take to become a professional.

Ultimately  this will drive young players away from Norwich and other Champioship sides. It is a shame that the Premier League do not monitor the standard of some of their so called academies at premiership sides-If you are good enough to play in the Premier academy league you are good enough to play in the Premier Reserve League, at least Norwich get good support and play on a proper ground unlike Arsenal and Chelsea.

Maybe the Premier boys got upset with Ipswich Youth winning the cup last year- The Premier League should look at reducing young foreign players at Academy level so the home grown talent gets more chance.

GREAT POINT, AND DONT FORGET WE ARE GOOD ENOUGHT TO PLAY IN THE FA PREMIER ACADEMY LEAGUE!!! SURELY THAT SHOULD COUNT FOR SOMETHING.  THE FA SET UP THE ACADEMY STRUCTURE SURELY THIS SHOULD BE PART OF THE AGREEMENT.

hmm, could see it happening

As already mentioned in this thread, like it used to be - the reserve league was the same as which the first team were in, but that has changed and i dont agree with it

Well atleast we will finally se some attractive attacking football from norwich now.... against barnet reserves.....

to be fair we arent a premiership club anymore... so why should we play in the premiership reserve league???? i cant see what the clubs beef is.... if the shoe was on the other foot and all that....

the problem may be with getting back to the premiership reserve league... we would need promotion for the 1st team of course.... but would it depend on the other teams promoted????

EG. if we were promoted with 2 Northern sides, as the leagues are split due to territory, the 2 northern sides would go in their reserve league. leaving us to go to the premiership league.. if 3 southern teams got relegated from the prem, thus dropping their teams out of the reserve league ud have an odd numbered league the following season!

jas :)

To be honest with the results of our reserve side this season, do we have any right to claim that we should be in the prem reserve division?? In my opinion we haven''t done anything to suggest we deserve that status??We would have every right to feel aggrieved if we were higher up that table but we are bottom having only won three games this season. Maybe playing against lesser sides might actually be positive and enable the reserves to taste victory more often??

I see Preston have decided to scrap their away team next season by not entering a resrve league and are going to play behind closed door friendlies only to help with fitness. Can''t help feeling this would be very frustrating for those who are on the fringes of the first team squad and are too old to play youth football. I don''t think I''d be happy if I was in this position at Preston - not getting nay football. I think it would make me want to look for another club. Not playing first team football would be bad enough but not having any second string football either would be a disaster for your career!

Hi david, great point "we are good enought to play in the F. A.premier academy league" why because we have a great coach , in dave williams ,the reserves and the 1st team don''t