dylanisabaddog

Farke and Cantwell

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Is this connected to Farke's failure to deal with the Cantwell situation? 

Doubt it. The situation is that Todd hasn't signed a deal since 2019, so assuming he isn't interested in signing a new one, the club would end up triggering his extension and selling him at the end of this season regardless. But that side of things is down to Webber.

1 hour ago, Leedsy83 said:

Todd is back in the Team thats all that matters 👍

Make him our new manager,shall we? 😍

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Doubt it. The situation is that Todd hasn't signed a deal since 2019, so assuming he isn't interested in signing a new one, the club would end up triggering his extension and selling him at the end of this season regardless. But that side of things is down to Webber.

You don't get sent to the U23s for refusing to sign a new deal, that's just silly. 

Todd will be back in next game.

A massive error by Farke as we went from a £40m player to nothing. Add that the £50m for transfer fees you can see why Webber has lost faith in DF.

I think this highlights absolute desperation to stay in the Premier League.

• Like 1

There was a nugget in the Michael Bailey piece that Cantwell had had his spot in the first team dressing room taken away. 

As much as I like Farke the reports on his man management at times suggest a man who could be pretty petty and hold a grudge. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

There was a nugget in the Michael Bailey piece that Cantwell had had his spot in the first team dressing room taken away. 

As much as I like Farke the reports on his man management at times suggest a man who could be pretty petty and hold a grudge. 

Reports? Don’t you mean rumours? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Sort of true. Todd has not been allowed to train, mix, eat etc with the first team squad. But only for another week. So in all probability he would have back in the squad in a week's time. It has caused a lot of objection from players, significant ex-players, and senior members behind the scenes. 

The player himself has handled it superbly, keeping his own council and generally accepting it manfully.

I don't pretend to know what caused the rift. No one seems to know other than Daniel and his three assistants, now all departed. I think I know, but I don't know that I know, if you see what I mean. 

• Like 1

I'm not on the social media platforms Todd frequents, has he posted anything after the announcement? Trivial or otherwise?

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not on the social media platforms Todd frequents, has he posted anything after the announcement? Trivial or otherwise?

He'd be better off keeping a low profile. He has a lot to gain from this - but an awful lot more to lose. Best he keeps shtum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

He'd be better off keeping a low profile. He has a lot to gain from this - but an awful lot more to lose. Best he keeps shtum.

**** the bed....... I agree again 👍👍😁

Regardless of what has gone, the club NEEDS a fit and motivated Todd in the squad. Obviously that wasn't the case. Perhaps now it can be.

Cantwell whole attitude smacks of a massively inflated ego if you ask me. This season was going to be tough really tough. We needed everyone to be pulling in the same direction. The fact Cantwell has seemingly throw his toys out of the pram after a handful of games Is shameful. The margins are so slim his careless offside against Leicester could be the difference between staying up and going down.

If his beef is that Norwich have not denied him a transfer. Well when have Norwich ever not sold someone……get a grip man.

Cantwell needs help. I’m not sure the constant head-patting he apparently needs is worth his apparent “talent”?

Hes a local lad, I want him to do well but for now I’ve just had to park him because I just don’t know what his problem is. 

on another note, can we just send Gilmour back? He’s a massive distraction and every time I’ve seen him play for us he’s been crap. Not interested in him at all. Can play at Rangers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Cantwell whole attitude smacks of a massively inflated ego if you ask me. This season was going to be tough really tough. We needed everyone to be pulling in the same direction. The fact Cantwell has seemingly throw his toys out of the pram after a handful of games Is shameful. The margins are so slim his careless offside against Leicester could be the difference between staying up and going down.

If his beef is that Norwich have not denied him a transfer. Well when have Norwich ever not sold someone……get a grip man.

You have completely mis-read the situation. It's not about his ego; it's not about a transfer; he didn't throw his toys out of the pram. Actually, Daniel may have done but Cantwell didn't. And it may also have been about Daniel's ego.

Someone will speak out - maybe Hucks, Holty, Adams, or maybe even Gibbo, but probably not until cooling-off period has passed and it may take years.

Edited by Pugin
spelling correction
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

We've turned down lots of offers for Max Aarons 

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Cantwell needs help. I’m not sure the constant head-patting he apparently needs is worth his apparent “talent”?

Hes a local lad, I want him to do well but for now I’ve just had to park him because I just don’t know what his problem is. 

on another note, can we just send Gilmour back? He’s a massive distraction and every time I’ve seen him play for us he’s been crap. Not interested in him at all. Can play at Rangers.

What this team desperately needs is firstly some defensive tactics, but just as importantly some creativity, some guile and some vision. I don’t think we’ve seen the best of Gilmour. I don’t think he’s been played in the right position with the right remit.

Todd is another who, yes needs an approach where you get the most out of him. That’s the skill of a good man manager. If Farke had been better at that maybe Todd would have played and maybe contributed to some better results, Gilmour to if the manger could have released his quality where it was needed and how it was needed. 

Personally I think both players are a prime example of where Farke lacks ability, not every play can be handled the same way or play just how you tell them. Finding how to utilise the talent to is best is a mangers job. With these two players he failed. 

In the PL you have to go as hard as you can in every game, for the entire game. Cantwell isn't the only player we've got whose commitment has been lacking, but he's probably the worst.

Gilmour seems similar. A player with a lot of talent & creative ability but just doesn't influence a game when he's played for us.

Whether these problems are down to the players' personalities, or the coaching staff, will be revealed. Quite soon.

• Like 1

Farke seemed to struggle with players that had  attitude ie : todd , leitner , oliveira . 

He didn't seem to have the skills to turn them round . Which is a skill needed in man management . 

Sadly some of the best players have a bit of attitude about them nice guys tend to finish second .

6 minutes ago, Pugin said:

You have completely mis-read the situation. It's not about his ego; it's not about a transfer; he didn't throw his toys out of the pram. Actually, Daniel may have done but Cantwell didn't. And it may also have been about Daniel's ego.

Someone will speak out - maybe Hucks, Holty, Adams, or maybe even Gibbo, but probably not until cooling-off period has passed and it may take years.

What is it then?

Too often our players looked confused and wooden thanks to over coaching and an obsession with 'stats'. We need flair and we need freedom along with the right players in their natural positions on the pitch acting on instinct.

Less of the obvious favouritism as shown to a chosen few like a school PE teacher would be nice to see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

What is it then?

Let's just say that Daniel believed that he was being challenged, and he didn't like it. Not one bit. And it didn't just involve Cantwell.

With all players that Daniel has given first team opportunities to, he believes that he is owed blind and unquestioning loyalty. 

I hope that's my lot for today - gonna try to stay away fro the rest of the day.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So you have gone from saying we need to protect his mental health etc to telling him to shut up.. ok.

9 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Let's just say that Daniel believed that he was being challenged, and he didn't like it. Not one bit. And it didn't just involve Cantwell.

With all players that Daniel has given first team opportunities to, he believes that he is owed blind and unquestioning loyalty. 

I hope that's my lot for today - gonna try to stay away fro the rest of the day.

Get the feeling his man management with Todd backfired... 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Fair enough I have more sympathy with Todd than any of the other young players. If you ask me being from where you play is definitely more of a blessing than a curse. I still think that challenging the manager who guided the team to 97 points after a handful of games reflects more on the player than the manager.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I still think that challenging the manager who guided the team to 97 points after a handful of games reflects more on the player than the manager.

It wasn't as straightforward as that.