Pugin

So disorganised against Leeds that Daniel had to go

I have no doubt that the decision was made before today. 

But in any case, Daniel's goose was cooked during and after the Leeds defeat as we were so disorganised across the middle of the pitch. Based on that, it was time to go. Immediately after a backs to the wall win at Brentford, of course it feels harsh. 

Chris Sutton said we decided we needed a 'new voice', and that in my opinion is key. I think to many players were not responding to Daniel's endless monotone monologues. 

But let's remember the good times and move on. Thank you Daniel.

I think the no-show at Chelsea was the clincher. I seem to remember saying he looked really nervous in the post-match interviews.

Never, ever dreamt this would happen though.

Edited by ron obvious

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

I think the no-show at Chelsea was the clincher. I seem to remember saying he looked really nervous in the post-match interviews.

Never, ever dreamt this would happen though.

Me neither. Chelsea was awful and for Leeds the team did look a bit lopsided. This is a real shock and I'm finding it difficult to process.....presumably they decided last week and had already got someone else signed up and couldn't backtrack, even after such a good win today. 

• Like 1

I was all for getting rid of Farke. But this is just awful! I feel grubby. Just a terrible way to treat a man. Yes after Chelsea. Yes after Leeds. But after an away victory and after the press interview? Contemptuous. I am in shock.

I was behind Daniel until last Sunday,

We were all over the shop, we stunk of desperation.

When a manager isn't in control, it's time to go.

Farke will be forever remembered in Norwich City folklore.

For me, he hasn't ruined his legacy.

Thanks for the memories, thanks for the journey and thanks for smiles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Me neither. Chelsea was awful and for Leeds the team did look a bit lopsided. This is a real shock and I'm finding it difficult to process.....presumably they decided last week and had already got someone else signed up and couldn't backtrack, even after such a good win today. 

I doubt the result today did anything but embarrass them with the decision and timing. Once the decision had been made to remove Farke, one result wasn’t going to change it.

• Like 1

We really had to beat Leeds, but we looked an absolute shambles. The last 20 minutes of that game was as bad as anything we saw under Hughton, it was dire and I think the writing was well and truly on the wall. Needed more of a response after Chelsea but there was very little evidence that it was going to spark a run of results.

After Chelsea Farke said Leeds was a must win game.

Before todays game Farke said the bus driver could have got 2 points from 10 games.

During todays game I didn't see Farke celebrate goals.

I think he knew.

I'm gutted. I wish I'd been there today for the oleys.

https://fb.watch/96SoWSyFUa/

Thanks for everything Daniel 💛💚

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

I was all for getting rid of Farke. But this is just awful! I feel grubby. Just a terrible way to treat a man. Yes after Chelsea. Yes after Leeds. But after an away victory and after the press interview? Contemptuous. I am in shock.

You asked for it. And it was delivered. So why feel bad? Webber did what you wanted him to do. 2 weeks for the new head coach to try and get these players together and fight against relegation. 

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

After Chelsea Farke said Leeds was a must win game.

Before todays game Farke said the bus driver could have got 2 points from 10 games.

During todays game I didn't see Farke celebrate goals.

I think he knew.

I'm gutted. I wish I'd been there today for the oleys.

https://fb.watch/96SoWSyFUa/

Thanks for everything Daniel 💛💚

Interesting. I listened to the interviews and wondered - does he know? Would he have said the things he did if he did know?  Very hard to tell imo, but he said all the kinds of things you would normally expect him to....but maybe he is so cool that he was just being his usual self, even in the knowledge he was going, enjoying the victory. I guess we'll never know!

Think Cantwell is a part too, along with players being individually singled out so early in the season whilst "gelling".

Note that after Leeds he made a point of not singling out players, perhaps this had been a topic of discussion behind closed doors?

Cantwells potential worth may exceed the cost of changing manager, not to mention Billy's wages who's not being utilised.  When it's not working on the pitch, and its not benefitting financially it makes the decision easier to make.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Think Cantwell is a part too, along with players being individually singled out so early in the season whilst "gelling".

Note that after Leeds he made a point of not singling out players, perhaps this had been a topic of discussion behind closed doors?

Cantwells potential worth may exceed the cost of changing manager, not to mention Billy's wages who's not being utilised.  When it's not working on the pitch, and its not benefitting financially it makes the decision easier to make.

Not just Cantwell, look at last season, Leitner, Trybull, Drmic, all good players, frozen out, this season, Cantwell, (one of our better offensive players too) Placheta, Tzolis, Sorensen and others, frozen out. And senior players like McClean, Krul and others, remaining in a team that could not buy a result. I think you are right in more ways than one.

This is all on Webber now, he clearly thinks the players he brought in are good enough for the PL and that Farke was the sole reason for the dire run of results, if the new manager doesn't turn it around then Webber has to quit.

7 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

This is all on Webber now, he clearly thinks the players he brought in are good enough for the PL and that Farke was the sole reason for the dire run of results, if the new manager doesn't turn it around then Webber has to quit.

Not true.

But if the new manager fails to lead the team to better performances, then the decision-makers will look as if they have made a mistake.

49 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Not true.

But if the new manager fails to lead the team to better performances, then the decision-makers will look as if they have made a mistake.

If better performances still end in relegation what will that prove, the players weren't good enough or they should have sacked him sooner?

Sacking Farke was the correct decision. In retrospect sacking him after the Brentford win seems callous and disrespectful. But the decision to sack him was obviously made after Leeds and they decided rather than disrupt the preparations for Saturdays game they would leave him in situ until after that match Again , also the correct decision because we managed to scrape a win and a valuable 3 points. Huge respect for Farke, brilliant Championship record, but appalling Premiership record.

• Like 1