Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Farke replacement

At the moment Nuno (or maybe Pep!)  is the only one of those mentioned I’d be willing to accept. At least it would give some sense to tonight’s bizarre decision 

If the club are progressing they will get in an experienced or slightly experienced man however this being Norwich we will get someone in cheap who we've never heard of who is getting his cut his teeth thanks to us.

26 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

If there was ANY chance of it happening, get in Lucien Favre, wanted him before we appointed Hughton and my opinion of him hasn't changed since.

Absolute class, but would he be up for the challenge?

Can’t see him coming. But also think he would be the best choice 

I suspect the club will want a fast announcement whatever, they will need a news story to draw attention from a rather bizarre day. 

30 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

If there was ANY chance of it happening, get in Lucien Favre, wanted him before we appointed Hughton and my opinion of him hasn't changed since.

Absolute class, but would he be up for the challenge?

This would not surprise me …..

A surprise foreign bloke.

Edit.

if it was Lampard, which it won’t be, I swear to god I’ll never set another foot in carrow road till he is gone such is my dislike of the bloke.

Edited by Mr Tea

Nuno, but doubt we could afford or he would want to come.

Other than that some up and coming continental coach on Webber’s list.

I don’t get the call for Robbins, I know he has done well at lower leagues and Coventry flying at moment but there is nothing to suggest he would be a better premier league manager than Farke.

Surely given the nature of today’s news it is someone with top league experience and will justify the heartless way it has been done

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Nuno the best fit.

OTBC

Parma just called Nuno. And he's not the sort of guy to make comments lightly.

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

I don’t get the call for Robbins, I know he has done well at lower leagues and Coventry flying at moment but there is nothing to suggest he would be a better premier league manager than Farke.

Surely given the nature of today’s news it is someone with top league experience and will justify the heartless way it has been done

Think you've just answered your own question. 

For me he could be the perfect fit. If not, he can hide behind the Farke era for this season and go again next season. 

20 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Ian Culverhouse? Are you for real? Can't buy a win in the Conference (or whatever its called nowadays!) and after his Villa debacle it was rumoured that he would never be involved in senior management again. 

Culverhouse would be good as an assistant, he's had 2 successive promotions with Kings Lynn after joining them when they were in the bottom half of the Southern League Central Premier. Lambert was useless without him. 

Warnock has a terrible record in the Prem and Bruce isn't much better. I hope we appoint another foreign manager similar to Farke. 

34 minutes ago, king canary said:

Honestly anyone who thinks it'll be a Warnock/Bruce/Big Mick type has zero idea of how this club works. 

No, quite, but then there are any number of posts tonight that don't reflect how football works generally.

45 minutes ago, Lincolncan said:

Warnock is the worst option possible.

What about David Wagner or Ian Culverhouse

Wagner would be interesting. I think he's doing good work at Young Boys. We could do a direct swap for Farke, and he Wagner could bring a couple of his players. I saw a couple of their BL matches recently and was impressed. 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sounds like a **** song, wonder why it's so popular on the charts

the B side is warnock ! 

12 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Culverhouse would be good as an assistant, he's had 2 successive promotions with Kings Lynn after joining them when they were in the bottom half of the Southern League Central Premier. Lambert was useless without him. 

Warnock has a terrible record in the Prem and Bruce isn't much better. I hope we appoint another foreign manager similar to Farke. 

Good luck with that! 

Sorry, but not the answer. 

I think maybe Nuno, not hard to see he wouldn’t last at Spurs so the timing would fit. He was decent enough with Wolves to imagine he’d do a good job for Norwich.