Sign in to follow this  

Farke's sacking reminds me of when Henry Cooper lost to Joe Bugner.  The fact that he 'unfairly' lost his last fight meant that Henry was forever in the hearts of boxing fans.  Farke getting sacked after winning his last game against the odds wins him a huge sympathy vote among many fans and they will think fondly of him for a long, long time.

Have you watched us this season? Theres not been a single iota of evidence to suggest this squad has the quality to stay up. 

You could put Klopp, Guardiola and Ferguson working together to keep this lot up and they'd not stand a hope.

That's my point - Webber's recruitment is to blame for this, yet Farke has paid the price. And sadly so has the club and our prospects next season in the second tier.

9 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

This thread is hilarious. 

So many short-sighted people on here. 

This is an exceptional move forward for the club. But it is only part one of two, next we have to get the right manager in who can galvanise this group of players and instil a winning mentality from top to bottom. 

Absolutely right. The decision to sack Farke would have come after the Leeds loss but they gave him one final game. Most people agreed Farke had to go based on terrible results in the Premier league now he's gone they are blaming the club for poor timing. Damned if you do damned if you don't, come on grow some

2 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Couldn’t agree more Lakey - so sad for the lack of respect shown Daniel, and total lack of perspective our fans have!! 

You are in favour of under achievement congratulations and you have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know of any one that doesn't respect Farke

Interesting points here. DF had a lot of things against him 1) Problems with Covid 2) Players returning after internationals 3) New players late arriving, no chance to bed them in 4) Very tough opening fixtures. I heard an interview with Chris Wilder on the radio (contrary to popular opinion he seemed to have a very sensible outlook on matters) and he said that Sheff U losing the first few tough fixtures drained the player’s confidence which could not be regained. I think Webber is just as much to blame, however it had got to the stage where DF also started to lose belief resulting in strange team selections etc, and could not turn it around. Yesterday, despite looking to be well up against Brentford ( who are likely to go down) we ended up hanging on by just kicking the ball anywhere and relying on Krul to save us. 

5 minutes ago, Steve White said:

Interesting points here. DF had a lot of things against him 1) Problems with Covid 2) Players returning after internationals 3) New players late arriving, no chance to bed them in 4) Very tough opening fixtures. I heard an interview with Chris Wilder on the radio (contrary to popular opinion he seemed to have a very sensible outlook on matters) and he said that Sheff U losing the first few tough fixtures drained the player’s confidence which could not be regained. I think Webber is just as much to blame, however it had got to the stage where DF also started to lose belief resulting in strange team selections etc, and could not turn it around. Yesterday, despite looking to be well up against Brentford ( who are likely to go down) we ended up hanging on by just kicking the ball anywhere and relying on Krul to save us. 

That's the reason to give someone else a chance I guess. A different voice.