Sign in to follow this  

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well I usually support the club, but I can't over this one. Shaken me to the core. The effect of winning a game TOTALLY lost imo. All the positivity of winning, taken away, just like that.

Ridiculous and utterly wrong in timing and even if all parties knew beforehand, that is a body blow to our season imo. New manager?  Couldn't care less. The best all of us - even the outers - would have felt all season and now even after a win, that joy is taken away. Someone, somewhere has f*****d up.  If it is down to fan pressure, then they lost their nerve, as they did over Hughton. 

Stupid. Just stupid.

I normally don't agree with you but you have hit the nail on the head

Whatever positives we gained today have just been thrown in the bin.

Typical Norwich City though, so not surprised.

Just now, yellow_belly said:

No wonder Webber was miserable at the final whistle

Giving the bad news at the moment of hope where it will hurt the most.

47 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Maybe the players knew. Maybe that’s what spurred them on. Maybe they think he’s a diçk. 

You really are shallow aren’t you!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Well at least you made me laugh which is not easy this evening. 👍

Look don’t get me wrong. I think Farke’s a really nice guy. Always conducted himself with dignity. But his time was up. And no I can’t get to sentimental about the whole thing. The world isn’t all about money I agree but it takes the sting out of things and Farke will get another job I’m sure. I genuinely think we need a change. Very, very few managers don’t have a sell by date.

Good luck Daniel.

• Like 2

Maybe Delia saw improvement today and said to MWJ if we are not careful Daniel might keep us up can not have that sack the bloke before he wins again and keeps us in this awful league 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Well I usually support the club, but I can't over this one. Shaken me to the core. The effect of winning a game TOTALLY lost imo. All the positivity of winning, taken away, just like that.

Ridiculous and utterly wrong in timing and even if all parties knew beforehand, that is a body blow to our season imo. New manager?  Couldn't care less. The best all of us - even the outers - would have felt all season and now even after a win, that joy is taken away. Someone, somewhere has f*****d up.  If it is down to fan pressure, then they lost their nerve, as they did over Hughton. 

Stupid. Just stupid.

Yes. I completely agree with you, LDC. I would go further though. I fear for norwich in the long term now. I think we could be in a very dark place in 2 years.

11 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Proof will be in the pudding now won't it.

If a new manager can't get more out of our summer signings, then Webber should be next out of the door.

If a new manager gets Tsoliz ticking, Rashica scoring and creating, and Cantwell back on board, perhaps it will be seen as the right call?

This decision puts Webber's neck on the line now, its sink or swim, needs to make the right appointment and the new manager needs to salvage something out of our summer transfer spend. 

True enough. We would  be delighted to see it happen. Just that the players you mention don't represent an appropriate balance of youth and experience.

This thread is hilarious. 

So many short-sighted people on here. 

This is an exceptional move forward for the club. But it is only part one of two, next we have to get the right manager in who can galvanise this group of players and instil a winning mentality from top to bottom. 

Delia looked old and ill.

And the look of someone who is quickly losing control of their business.

More changes to come I suspect.

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Stupid. Just stupid.

The right move all day long! You don’t believe it take another look at the league table and another look at the prem league stats for Daniel Farke!

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Stupid. Just stupid.

We actually win a game and for the first time all season you drop your over the top positivity. The timing and decision to change manager is 100% correct. Good to see him go out on a high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This decision puts Webber's neck on the line now, its sink or swim, needs to make the right appointment and the new manager needs to salvage something out of our summer transfer spend. 

Webber will probably be off at the end of the year, whatever the outcome. To be honest, I for one won't particularly miss him.

Edited by Sooty57
typo

News flash... NCFC are a professional football club not a charity... 6 wins in 49 games is not a desired win ratio... we are here to win games not keep people because they seem nice and pleasant. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

News flash... NCFC are a professional football club not a charity... 6 wins in 49 games is not a desired win ratio... we are here to win games not keep people because they seem nice and pleasant. 

Absolutely.

Right decision, poor timing, should have been done last Sunday after the Leeds game.

The fans backing of the team was magnificent in the Leeds and Brentford games with very little negativity when the games were being played so blaming them for helping to push the decision through is miles of the mark, but only those present at the games would know that! - Most fans had the opinion that Farke had reached the end of the line but didn't let that known during games, only after and on social media were feelings made known which in any case is never the gospel and not everyone goes on them!

I'm of the opinion that whoever takes over will have their work cut out cause the squads not good enough but something had to be done to try and salvage the season while theirs still enough games to turn things around, instead of just letting things plod along and accepting relegation which was the case two years ago. Farke had enough games in the top flight to prove himself and the record was poor.

Poor timing but at least Farke left with his dignity in place. If things had been left and yesterdays win was only an isolated break from the poor form then the crowd would have turned big time on Farke like we saw with Nigel Worthington back in 06 which was a very undistinguished way for Worthy to go when he'd done a decent job in the earlier times of his reign.

Thanks for the memories Daniel Farke, our most successful 2nd tier manager ever!

Fully agree with the OP. I can't for the life of me understand how people say this is the correct decision.

Obviously it's been an awful season, but has anyone seen even a hint that suggests this squad is capable of staying up? You could put Klopp or any of the other best managers in the world, in charge of this lot, and they'd still not have a hope. Webber's recruitment this summer - Normann aside, which was completed far too late - has been atrocious.

So, what's the point in sacking Farke? We're going to get relegated regardless. But now we've decided to get relegated without a manager who has a great record in the second tier, who gets the side playing great football at that level.

With Farke, I'd at least have been confident of coming back up. Sadly, I suspect a lot of fans won't realise what they've lost until we're languishing in midtable in the second tier next season.

Edited by ?
  • Like 1

Couldn’t agree more Lakey - so sad for the lack of respect shown Daniel, and total lack of perspective our fans have!! 

6 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

This is the problem. Too many people get too loved up with individuals regardless of performance. We’re not Daniel Farke FC we’re Norwich City. Managers, like players come and go. Farke did well in the Championship but we’re not striving to be a championship club. We want more and he simply couldn’t deliver that.  

Farke is gone. He’ll survive. Stop grizzling about it. It’s not like he’s dead.  

9 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Couldn’t agree more Lakey - so sad for the lack of respect shown Daniel, and total lack of perspective our fans have!! 

Get a grip man!

What's a matter with you lot. Have you watched our last 2 seasons in the prem. Turgid. Was only going one way unfortunately. I'm sure we all love what farke has done for the club, but this was only going to end one way. Watching those long balls being lumped up vs Leeds was the final straw for Webber.

Those players need a new voice and a new coaching team.

People forever moaning we are little old ,Norwich. Well we've made a decision early to try and give us a chance of staying in the division which wasn't going to happen under Farke.

Hes done an incredible job but taken us as far as he can, so thank him for that and time for a new chapter. 

4 hours ago, ? said:

Fully agree with the OP. I can't for the life of me understand how people say this is the correct decision.

Obviously it's been an awful season, but has anyone seen even a hint that suggests this squad is capable of staying up? You could put Klopp or any of the other best managers in the world, in charge of this lot, and they'd still not have a hope. Webber's recruitment this summer - Normann aside, which was completed far too late - has been atrocious.

So, what's the point in sacking Farke? We're going to get relegated regardless. But now we've decided to get relegated without a manager who has a great record in the second tier, who gets the side playing great football at that level.

With Farke, I'd at least have been confident of coming back up. Sadly, I suspect a lot of fans won't realise what they've lost until we're languishing in midtable in the second tier next season.

Funny how Fulham and WBA both made managerial changes and are currently in the top 3 of the championship. Would you feel as confident in Farke in the Championship without Buendia, I wouldn't be.

There's also a lot of clubs who change manager and don't come back up. 

But I'd always back someone with 2 promotions on their CV, who knows the club inside out, who has a history of working with youngsters and fits in with our current setup, over the likes of Lampard, Hodgson, Robins, Martin, etc.

If our scouting and Webber's recruitment is all it's made out to be, then yes, I'd fancy Farke to win the Championship without Buendia.

4 minutes ago, ? said:

There's also a lot of clubs who change manager and don't come back up. 

But I'd always back someone with 2 promotions on their CV, who knows the club inside out, who has a history of working with youngsters and fits in with our current setup, over the likes of Lampard, Hodgson, Robins, Martin, etc.

If our scouting and Webber's recruitment is all it's made out to be, then yes, I'd fancy Farke to win the Championship without Buendia.

Before debating which potential manager is more or less likely to get us promoted from the Championship, how about discussing who might stand a chance of actually keeping us in the Prem?