Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Board Bashers

Can I say first of all I completely disagree with the decision.

But all those who criticise the board for not being ruthless enough can STFU.

You've got what you wanted.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not true, actually.

I've said consistently that sacking Farke doesn't solve the problem of several consecutive poor transfer windows.

Farke is the fall guy for Webber's wasted millions. 

A new manager might prove me wrong there, which I guess is what Webber is hoping to prove.

It really had to be one of Farke or Webber's head on the block, and it was always going to be Farke's in an attempt to save Webber's skin wasn't it. Just that a handful of people were in denial about that, trying to convince themselves that everything was rosy at the club.

We now have to hope that Webber is proven right, that a new manager can get more out of these players than Farke, that is a far better outcome than finding out that we've thrown £50m at a load of mediocre Championship level players.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What they have done tonight confirms exactly what many people have been saying. The club is not good enough in any way to be in the EPL. Amateur.

• Like 1

You can say you want someone gone and then object to how it was carried out. 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not true, actually.

I've said consistently that sacking Farke doesn't solve the problem of several consecutive poor transfer windows.

Farke is the fall guy for Webber's wasted millions. 

A new manager might prove me wrong there, which I guess is what Webber is hoping to prove.

It really had to be one of Farke or Webber's head on the block, and it was always going to be Farke's in an attempt to save Webber's skin wasn't it. Just that a handful of people were in denial about that, trying to convince themselves that everything was rosy at the club.

We now have to hope that Webber is proven right, that a new manager can get more out of these players than Farke, that is a far better outcome than finding out that we've thrown £50m at a load of mediocre Championship level players.

Surprised to say it but I think you're absolutely right.

Webber is the World War 1 General sat comfortably behind the enemy lines sending a Captain and his men over the top ill-equipped to the task at hand and blaming them when they fail. This year's recruitment looks as though it's has prioritised purchasing prospects as an investment rather than individuals with the ability to keep us up. It's not as embarrassingly unambitious as two years ago, but it's not far off it. Then we went over the top without a gun, now we've perhaps upgraded to a charge of the light brigade.

I hope I'm wrong, I now hope today's improvement was due to the player's knowing he was on his way out and that there has been some sort of changing room bust up or loss of faith. Because if that isn't the case, we may have just got rid of Farke right after a seminal moment similar to the victory at Ipswich in 18/19.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What they have done tonight confirms exactly what many people have been saying. The club is not good enough in any way to be in the EPL. Amateur.

So what does that make Watford? Or Newcastle?

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

You can say you want someone gone and then object to how it was carried out. 

Don't be daft, none of us wanted the bloke humiliated. This should have been done last Monday 

• Like 2

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Don't be daft, none of us wanted the bloke humiliated. This should have been done last Monday 

You just agreed with me!

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've defended them in the past, but this adds huge fuel to the fact the board are actually an amateur organisation run as Delia and Michael's personal plaything. Consider my eyes opened.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

I've defended them in the past, but this adds huge fuel to the fact the board are actually an amateur organisation run as Delia and Michael's personal plaything. Consider my eyes opened.

Do you really think it was their decision?

They would have had to sign it off, but this was clearly Webber’s decision. Does it mean he’ll be extending his contract?

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Do you really think it was their decision?

They would have had to sign it off, but this was clearly Webber’s decision. Does it mean he’ll be extending his contract?

image.png.6a9fc62d7905601fe80687a7e27feb9f.png
These are the people responsible for making the decisions. If they are happy to take the credit for when the club succeeds, they should absolutely have their feet held to the fire when they behave will less integrity than the average Student Union body.

7 minutes ago, Felixfan said:

A.G.M should be tasty!

Board's method in their madness.....What's the betting it's 'Due to unfortunate Covid restrictions we deem it necessary to hold the forthcoming AGM behind closed doors without an audience. Therefore all pertinent questions should be emailed to the club 3 days before it's held'.....

59 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You yourself though he was in major trouble if he lost the Leeds match. The timing is **** poor though after the first win, they should have had the bottle to do it last weekend. 

35 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Webber is the World War 1 General sat comfortably behind the enemy lines sending a Captain and his men over the top ill-equipped to the task at hand and blaming them when they fail. This year's recruitment looks as though it's has prioritised purchasing prospects as an investment rather than individuals with the ability to keep us up. It's not as embarrassingly unambitious as two years ago, but it's not far off it. Then we went over the top without a gun, now we've perhaps upgraded to a charge of the light brigade.

I hope I'm wrong, I now hope today's improvement was due to the player's knowing he was on his way out and that there has been some sort of changing room bust up or loss of faith. Because if that isn't the case, we may have just got rid of Farke right after a seminal moment similar to the victory at Ipswich in 18/19.

Dan, I'm absolutely flabbergasted to say it, but I think we're two sides of the same coin. Myself: eloquent, intellectual and suave; yourself, a bit more sweary and less pretentious. Absolutely agree with 99% of the posts you've made in the last few weeks though and long may it continue.

Also, if the players knew he was gone but DF himself didn't, I don't think that's going to paint our hypocritical board in any more positive a light. Certainly not in my view anyway.

52 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Well, I'm not happy with the decision but Webber has backed himself here. He's essentially saying his signings are good enough but Farke hasn't delivered. Its now his job to get the next man in. He's left himself completely open without protection now. 

No one can say it isn't a ballsy move from Webber. I can say I think its the wrong one.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Well, I'm not happy with the decision but Webber has backed himself here. He's essentially saying his signings are good enough but Farke hasn't delivered. Its now his job to get the next man in. He's left himself completely open without protection now. 

No one can say it isn't a ballsy move from Webber. I can say I think its the wrong one.

Yes, but if it does go wrong, with Delia be ballsy enough to get rid of the man who twice assembled squads unable to survive, or will Webber be free to blame Farke's replacement for his own failings, as I believe he's doing with Farke.

Time will tell, but I had hope of survival at 5pm today, now I'm worried about the Derby record again.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He's essentially saying his signings are good enough but Farke hasn't delivered.

And he might be right,

I don't think he is.... but I'll consider it a possibility.

Have to factor in Farke's decision to banish Todd Cantwell also, and his apparent lack of trust in Tsoliz and now Gilmour.

The only signings I am absolutely convinced are not, and will never be Premier League quality are Angus Gunn and Josh Sargent. The jury is still out on the rest of them, apart from Normann who is obviously absolutely class. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I had hope of survival at 5pm today,

It is really nice that we find ourselves largely on the same page today Dan after our recent quarrel.

But I think you can file this one under overly optimistic... Brentford are missing what are probably 3 of their 5 best players to injury now, are in terrible form, and I'm going to be putting money on them getting relegated. Their honeymoon period was short.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And he might be right,

I don't think he is.... but I'll consider it a possibility.

Have to factor in his decision to banish Todd Cantwell also, and his apparent lack of trust in Tsoliz and now Gilmour.

The only signings I am absolutely convinced are not, and will never be Premier League quality are Angus Gunn and Josh Sargent. The jury is still out on the rest of them, apart from Normann who is obviously absolutely class. 

Actually it's all about Sorensen!  😄

Seriously, its not about individuals but the squad, who were looking lost with the change in formation this season.

First half today reverting back to a 4-2-3-1 and they looked comfortable, but 2nd half switching back to a 3 man back line and all the frailties were back.  That's why Farke had gone.

Edited by shefcanary

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

So just take a look once again at the premier league table. Who is at the bottom?

which manager had a less than 10% win ratio in the premier league to boot?

now perhaps you can understand why some supporters and the board were unhappy!

and you suggest the board weren’t ‘ruthless enough’.

they ‘sacked’ the problem as they saw it, and Senior players saw it, didn’t they?

so, stfu. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

So you were happy to write this season off and accept relegation.. 

The decision is correct, if we want to give ourselves any chance to stay up this season. The timing and management of it all, absolutely awful. 

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

100%

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Actually it's all about Sorensen!  😄

He may well be one who benefits from a fresh pair of eyes at Colney.

Has always looked really assured on the ball to me, like he always has loads of time.... its a sign of a really good player.

Lets not forget that he was a Denmark Under 21 player when we signed him. Denmark aren't a weak footballing nation, in fact their senior mens team is currently ranked 10th in the world.... better than Germany, Holland. Uruguay.

Sorenson came here with a strong pedigree, he is definitely a breakthrough candidate from where I'm sitting. McCallum might be one who benefits from another chance to impress! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ian said:

Dan, I'm absolutely flabbergasted to say it, but I think we're two sides of the same coin. Myself: eloquent, intellectual and suave; yourself, a bit more sweary and less pretentious. Absolutely agree with 99% of the posts you've made in the last few weeks though and long may it continue.

Also, if the players knew he was gone but DF himself didn't, I don't think that's going to paint our hypocritical board in any more positive a light. Certainly not in my view anyway.

It’s beyond belief that the players knew and Daniel didn’t. For me DF got a performance out of the lads and the last thing he deserves after that is to be sacked. If the players did know and Daniel didn’t then I wash my hands of the current regime, that would an appalling state of affairs.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I actually think the opposite. Anyone that thinks the decision was made today, or even this week, is deluded. For the first time I can remember, this appears to be planned. The suggestion I am hearing is that they already have a replacement lined up.

If that is true, the it is likely that Farke knew this and that this decision was made some time ago, possibly after the Chelsea game.

Take a step back and look at this more objectively. We have sacked our head coach on the eve of an international break. If a new one is brought in on Monday, and yes, I know that's a big 'if' but lets run with this for a moment. If they are appointed tomorrow or Monday, they have two weeks to work with the squad members that are not on international duty. Two weeks to get their philosophy into the squad. Two weeks to train and coach the squad in preparation for their next game.

Sound ideal? It gets better.

There is roughly two months before the January transfer window, an ideal amount of time for a new head coach to work with what we have and decide what they want to try and improve the squad. 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Exactly this, it’s no good to keep sacking different managers as we fail on several occasions to stay up……football has moved on light years from our board, the owners should move on and actively look to sell the club if they ever want the club to be an established premier league level……..if not we must all accept that this will continue, promotion, relegation sack!