Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Thank you Daniel Farke

Thanks for all the great memories. Some of the best and most exciting times supporting Norwich City and some of the best football I've seen us play. Always a gentleman and a fantastic ambassador for the club. Wishing you all the very best for wherever your career takes you next.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Yes - we have to thank DF, we did indeed have some excellent games and times under him.  A huge shame it ended how it did; the decision will surely have been made before today’s game so timing feels a little odd but makes sense with the international break coming up. 

Echo that. Some superb memories and 'I was there' moments.

A shame how it ended, but I don't think you can question his affect on our club and the fan base overall.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Thanks for all the great memories. Some of the best and most exciting times supporting Norwich City and some of the best football I've seen us play. Always a gentleman and a fantastic ambassador for the club. Wishing you all the very best for wherever your career takes you next.

Sold up the river by Webber's seemingly atrocious recruitment again this season, and really makes us look ridiculous given the timing of his sacking.

All the best, hope he goes on to great things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Sold up the river by Webber's seemingly atrocious recruitment again this season, and really makes us look ridiculous given the timing of his sacking.

He'll go higher in the game than Webber.

Edited by canarydan23

Here here, sad the way it's ended but those 2 seasons will go down in Norwich folklore 👍

All the best Daniel 💛💚

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Very well said. +1

Yes, top bloke who has given us a brilliant era with some unforgettable memories, on par with the Lambert era for me. 

Good luck in your future job.

If there is any justice in the world he'll get a decent opportunity in his homeland now, could be the man to revive Schalke or Werder Bremen? 

He's given us a lot, I'd like to think we've given him a lot too, and that he leaves us in a better place, and we leave his CV in a better place. Give him the Hall of Fame entry already.

Totally agreed. Will be a big part of our history and a decent man knowing today that he was a ded man walking. 

Such a shame that he couldn't cut it at this level but I sincerely hope he suceeds elsewhere. 

I will never hear Parklife in any ever way now. 

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

It remains to be seen whether Webber's recruitment was atrocious and Farke is the fall guy, or whether Farke hasn't got the best out of this group of payers, I guess that is the point in trying a new manager - we'll see!

I've been a Webber out person longer than I've been Farke out, so I personally subscribe to the idea that Farke has not been given enough ammunition again, but who knows... a new manager might stick Tsoliz straight in that team, and patch things up with Cantwell, and they could lay a dozen goals on a plate for Pukki and propel us up the table. 

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Exactly this - best manager this club has ever had and almost certainly the best manager we will ever have.

Truly awful decision and one the club will doubtless come to regret, quite bizarre that is Daniel who is going rather than Webber who is probably going at the end of the season anyway.

Season over as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 1

Can’t say I disagree with the decision but still sad when it happens. Also a bit of surprise after we’ve won - shows how unlikely Webber and the board thought we’d get a result today!

But fantastic times with him at the helm. Thanks for the brilliant memories. Leeds away a particular personal highlight. All the very best. 

• Like 2

Sad beyond words. What a bringdown after this afternoon.

I suspect decided after the Chelsea game. 

In all honesty I'd rather he'd been allowed to give it a go, like today, & we'd been relegated rather than survived under ... well, you know the sort of manager I mean.

Sad sad sad.

I wanted him gone after Chelsea but mellowed a bit and sat on the fence. But tonight I was ecstatic after that win.

Yes, he did brilliant things with us and will not be forgotten for a long time. And the backroom staff who are now out of a job.

Merry Xmas Daniel and the lads.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Bit gutted right now. I do hope Farke was treated with respect throughout this.

Clearly not as he's been totally hung out to dry today. 

I don't disagree with the decision but the way it's been handled is shameful. 

• Like 3

Can't really find any words to post very much.

He has been one of my favourite managers ever. Will never be forgotten and he has a lot to feel proud about. Glad he at least ended his term with a win...yet so unsatisfactory in the timing of his end by the board. 

No reactions to give so thanks to the OP.

Feel a bit numb with the news.

Edited by sonyc

Completely gutted and disgusted with 5he way this has been done.

Gave me some of the best football memories of my life and some of the most beautiful football I’ve ever seen us play.

deserved better than this, just can’t see what the club was thinking. Going after Leeds or Chelsea would’ve been understandable, after today’s win just seems really really poor

They give the man a 4 year contract then sack him 10 games later. After he wins, away as well.

The first Premier League season you write off, no funds, no chance.

This time round how many of the games he had did he have a chance in?

Leicester we were unlucky not to get a point. Watford at home was a bad result. Brighton we could easily have won if Sargent knew how to put his foot through the ball. Leeds we could have had a point if not for an error from Krul, **** happens. Burnley was a good point. The rest you'd expect to lose.

The board had multiple opportunities to sack him after he'd lost. Why wait until after he'd got a win.

Sorry, I know there is no room for sentiment in football but I think this is a pretty ****ty way to treat someone who deserved so much more.

McLean must be gutted. Todd's Insta will be worth watching

What the ****?? Awful timing after the win, clearly already pre planned.

Absolutely gutted 😢 but must only have been done with a plan in place. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Before the game today I remarked on how grim faced Delia and Michael looked. I wondered if a big decision had been made. 

I never wanted him gone and am pretty shocked at the manner of his sacking. I am not entirely sure who will come in and do a better job but I admit it's intriguing. 

I just wish the best for Daniel and I'm pretty sure he'll go on to get a good role and do exceptionally there too. 

Danke, boss. 

27 minutes ago, Ian said:

THIS

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Clearly not as he's been totally hung out to dry today. 

I don't disagree with the decision but the way it's been handled is shameful. 

Absolutely agree.

Big man Webber hoping a loss today would take any heat off him for a decision that was clearly already made.

At least we can see all this family club "we stand on principle", " those foreign investors just don't know how much football means" **** for what it actually is.

When Delia and Stuart get a whiff of discontentment and responsibility coming their way, you can quite see their actual morals. Thank you Daniel, and hopefully your tragically handled sacking will help open some other fans' eyes to the real people holding up this club's progress for their own personal ego trip.

Home vs Blakburn sealing promotion at CR, one of my best City memories. The right decision, poor timing, but will now be remembered as one of our top managers. Hope he goes on to great things.

Yep completely agree with the sentiments in the OP.

Sad that he's gone, but not all that surprised as he's got the 4th worst managerial record since the Premier League began. The timing sucks, but at least he went out on a high. It kind of reminds me of the Gunn sacking. Let's hope the next incumbent is as successful as Gunn's replacement.

He is up there with the best managers in our history. Most of the others continued the work of their predecessors but Farke completely transformed the fortunes of the club. He deserves to find a top job and I hope our club can find someone to carry on his fantastic work. 

It is so sad what has happened this season but a change can add to what has already been put in place. Dave Stringer resigned because his power to motivate had decreased, this is a problem for the best of managers. 

He might need a transfusion for his yellow blood but I hope he always has a place in his heart for our club, as we will for him.