Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Farke Gone

I was calling for his head but the timing is all over the place. 

I think its more than just results though. I wonder how much the Cantwell situation factors in to it. 

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

We're not. We really aren't.

Take a look at social media.

Villa fans ‘ and they take the p*** at us ‘

Will not be Warnock, his interview after today’s match was very much a retirement one. Talking about his 1600 games in charge and that he did not think it would ever be beaten. 

It’s stated that Webber asked the opinions of senior players prior to taking the decision. had Mr Farke in essence lost the dressing room!

Just now, City 2nd said:

It’s stated that Webber asked the opinions of senior players prior to taking the decision. had Mr Farke in essence lost the dressing room!

Where was this stated?

37 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

it means that everything Webber has been saying is utter ****

Not good for trust at all. I wonder if prospective managers look aat such things and wonder. I think the football world will think this is ****ing low after a win, and that would unnerve me as a prospective manager coming in

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I don't disagree, but will point out that we sacked Gunn after a convincing win.

Against Yeovil in the League Cup, with the club at its lowest ebb in the football pyramid and a manager with no managerial record with us. Not the same in my opinion

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Not good for trust at all. I wonder if prospective managers look aat such things and wonder. I think the football world will think this is ****ing low after a win, and that would unnerve me as a prospective manager coming in

Happens all the time, not necessarily after a first win of the season but it happens. I doubt very much that any prospective manager would be affected by this. I would think someone is already lined up, the deal agreed this morning and so Farke is on his way. Timing stinks but football is " a funny ol game."!

**** way to treat him. If it's Pulis, Warnock or Allardyce or anyone who plays similar "football" then I'm done. This season has already seen me lose almost all my enthusiasm for the club and start to just stop caring.

37 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I wonder if the players knew pre match, could explain why they finally turned up, see him off with a performance 🤷‍♂️

But they got lucky today , not a great performance by all accounts , I still think it’s the quality of player we have , simply not good enough for prem , Norman aside .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miss Demeanor said:

Happens all the time, not necessarily after a first win of the season but it happens. I doubt very much that any prospective manager would be affected by this. I would think someone is already lined up, the deal agreed this morning and so Farke is on his way. Timing stinks but football is " a funny ol game."!

Just saw someone mentioned Hodgson. That would make a lot of sense, the kind of person they could have lined up behind the scenes given he is Delia's friend or whatever the connection is

48 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Someone txt Jake Humphrey he's on BT punditing the Brighton game.....anyone got his number?..... 

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’ll depend on who they get in, I can see a big backlash if they try Pulis or Warnock and our from doesn’t improve! Could be a fiery season ahead. Personally I think they’re wrong t sack him, this squad isn’t anywhere near premiership quality!

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

Majority of us weren’t, we see the bigger picture and two promotions for me keeps him here. We won’t stay up even with Klopp in charge!

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

Majority of us weren’t, we see the bigger picture and two promotions for me keeps him here. We won’t stay up even with Klopp in charge!

Just said the same , trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear !

I'm disappointed for Daniel, he's been a breath of fresh air really, a different type of manager and one that will leave us with some fantastic memories.

I'm not sure that the timing is that much of a surprise, the club now have a clear fortnight that they can devote to the recruitment and integration of the next guy. Let's be honest, that's going to be more difficult than the sacking of Farke. If they don't get that right then the dismissal and associated costs will have been wasted. 

In some ways I'm glad that he got to go out on a "high", we got that win, the monkey was off his back and he got that one last hurrah with our jubilant fans; fans that have - for the most part - shown huge amounts of faith and trust in him and his methodology. 

The biggest sadness for me is that we didn't get to enjoy last season with him, in person, at the grounds. It was a remarkable season that he delivered and we were denied the chance to properly experience it. Had we have been able to do so, perhaps the bond between Farke and the fans would have been even stronger and just perhaps that might have bought him a few more games goodwill. Some might (do) think that's the worst thing that could have happened and that he should have gone sooner, too. 

But, ultimately, it's done. He leaves me with far more good memories than bad and if the next guy is a step up on Daniel Farke, I reckon we'll be doing ok. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Just saw someone mentioned Hodgson. That would make a lot of sense, the kind of person they could have lined up behind the scenes given he is Delia's friend or whatever the connection is

Would be very interestig..

The game was not live on RMC Sport here in France so I'm just watching it now. Very interesting to do so in light of what has been announced, because the camera cut to Delia at about 22 minutes when we're 1-0 up and she was looking very glum. 

27 minutes ago, Indy said:

Exactly. There's a bizarre tendency for people to conflate what *some* people think with what *everyone* thinks. I was really disappointed with how Farke had abandoned the system under which he achieved his success, but I never imagined sacking him; it seems especially odd having recently given him a 4 year contract.

If the next manager is a regressive, middle-aged dinosaur of the Pullis, Wilder or (dare I say) Colin mould then I'll be returning my season ticket.

Just now, Miss Demeanor said:

I fear you're right TGMD, it's my guess as well.

Though Im not a Hodgson fan it would make a lot of sense. Has form for righting a ship, respected in the football world, has contacts. Could be exactly what the club needs

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm worried that given Farkes Championship record of being so good in it that we get another manager in, go down anyway and do awful in the champs

Or we get another manager in and actually start playing and stay up!

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Though Im not a Hodgson fan it would make a lot of sense. Has form for righting a ship, respected in the football world, has contacts. Could be exactly what the club needs

Not a fan either, think it would be a mistake if I'm honest, but, would Delia have looked so glum if her mate was coming in?🤔

Wow! Holy sh*t. Stunning news.

But ... I say bravo to Stuart Webber. We simply have not been good enough. We needed a bold decision to take us in a new direction and this is it. I 100% appreciate the ruthlessness.

• Like 2

Fact: 99% of clubs would have sacked him midway through his last PL season. We were very generous and supportive. I can simultaneously be extremely grateful for all that he accomplished and also be happy we're moving on. It's a brutal business.

56 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Fantastic news, so he wasn't bomb proof after all.

Today made no difference really, one swallow doesn't make a summer

I think you'll find he is bomb proof - he'll walk into a much better job than NCFC whilst we'll be watching dull negative football.

Edited by Creative Midfielder