Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

MOTD

I’m sure for them we’re still the worst side ever to grace the PL - it’ll be that Brentford have so many injuries, we were lucky, dodgy pen, etc etc etc.

I have to say I’ve been astounded at the side being written off so widely after just a quarter of the season.  The BBC is going on about ‘the great escape’ which is ridiculous…it’s not as though we’re 5pts behind with 3 to play.

Edited by Branston Pickle

20 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I obviously don’t usually watch but tonight I might have to. They will hate this! 

**** me you'll be buying a Sunday paper tomorrow too..... 😄

16 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m sure for them we’re still the worst side ever to grace the PL - it’ll be that Brentford have so many injuries, we were lucky, dodgy pen, etc etc etc.

I have to say I’ve been astounded at the side being written off so widely after just a quarter of the season.  The BBC is going on about ‘the great escape’ which is ridiculous…it’s not as though we’re 5pts behind with 3 to play.

Sadly this

43 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Maybe we’ve all missed a trick. The more they write us off the easier it is to be the ‘underdog’. The worst thing that could have happened is the promise of last time where we started well and slumped. We still might yet, but I guess it’s better to have those **** results out of the way with.

• Like 1

I think some forget that we are building a PL club, not simply a PL team. Rack up huge debts to stay in the Pl, then what ? We are in this for the long haul. There are around 15 clubs whose fans no doubt wish that was the path their club had followed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I think some forget that we are building a PL club, not simply a PL team. Rack up huge debts to stay in the Pl, then what ? We are in this for the long haul. There are around 15 clubs whose fans no doubt wish that was the path their club had followed.

Why can't we be Norwich, d'oh! 😆

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Full game is on Sky at 10.30 tonight. Channel 402

Don't tell me the score.

• Like 1

Normann best player, Farke sacking correct decision. Blimey, MOTD getting it right.

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Looking at Daniel during the game I think he knew......I really think he knew.......

100%, thinking back whilst watching live my daughter asked why he wasn't cheering the goals. 

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Looking at Daniel during the game I think he knew......I really think he knew.......

I hope he knew. He seemed really upbeat in the post-match interview and seemed to have been talking about the future.

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I think he knew he was toast after the Leeds game, he looked like a beaten man afterwards. Sad it had to end this way, definitely my favourite Norwich manager to date, not just for his style of football and the achievements it won but because he's just a bloody good human being. Hope he goes on to do great things again as he deserves it

• Like 5

I don’t buy the big club bias thing. MOTD mostly wrote us off when we performed like write offs. It wasn’t pleasant watching, but that was the reality.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

I don’t buy the big club bias thing. MOTD mostly wrote us off when we performed like write offs. It wasn’t pleasant watching, but that was the reality.

Absolutely. They were dismissing us but we deserved to be dismissed.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

When you watch back yeah, I think he may have done

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

When you watch back yeah, I think he may have done

I never watch MOTD anymore so have not seen this footage, C, but from all the reports it sounds like he had no idea until after the game. My take is that he was probably just being pragmatic, and not wishing to get too carried away, he has often spoken about this. Would his reaction have been different had we scored to make it 3-1 in the 95th minute? We’ll never know but I suspect so.