Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Normann ๐Ÿ‘

Hope Stormin' remainsย fit for at least the next 'winnable' home games against the Saints an' Wolves, he's the kind o' player that goes in where it hurts and it showed today.....

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nope. If Farke had any regard for him he would have brought him on to support Aarons who was being targeted due to his lack of height.ย 

There's the rub.ย  Farke has his opinion, I have mine!ย  At the moment Farke wins, but if I had my way etc.ย 

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

.... I'm not sure how you gleamed that from his limited games so far. The new Becchio.

From myย limited view of him last season, he has the air of a Bobby Moore.ย  Composed, reads the game well, but isn't very "dynamic".ย  For some reason Farke prefers McLean's energetic headless chicken routine in the hope he's a box to box.ย  But in a 4-2-3-1 who knows who is better, McLean or Sorenson? My money is still on the latter, but the proof is in the eating.

Edited by shefcanary

1 minute ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I wonder whereย Skipp fitsย in at Spurs now thatย Conte is in charge.

Any chance we could get him in January. Skipp/Norman/Les Melou would be a tidy midfield three.

I think this would depend on one of Gilmour or Williams being returned to sender as we're unlikely to be able to persuade Spurs to sell him to us.

ย 

ย 

I also thought Raschia looked very tidy today too. He seems to be getting up to speed and offers that little something unpredictable, shown by his run leading to Norman's goal. Most of our players would have played an easy ball back to Williams rather than the nice little bit of skill that bamboozled the Brighton right back that gave him the chance to put in the cross. He did visibly tire towards the end, but he hasn't had a run of games starting yet.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I think this would depend on one of Gilmour or Williams being returned to sender as we're unlikely to be able to persuade Spurs to sell him to us.

ย 

ย 

Im pretty sure he wouldn't sign for us on a permanent either unless we have somehow pulled well clear by then.

I feel that Gilmour will go back in January tbh, it doesn't appear to have been a match that has worked and whereas Man Utd will be happy with the terms of William's loan, Chelsea will fail they will get better playing time for him somewhere else.

What we are seeing is the players Farke knew they could become. And as well as those mentioned above, Omobamidele has really stepped up. As good as Godfrey I would suggest. I suspect Gilmour and Cantwell would have struggled today. The Pl is becoming more physical by the game. Now let's see Sargeant and Tzolis step up.

Norwegian tv2 is reporing that we can sign Nordmann for 19 Mill euros. Dos not matter if we go down acording to tv2.

ย 

If we go down, tv2 is reporitng that we Will sell him and thatย Leicester is interested to pay much more then 19 Mill euros.ย 

ย 

Tv2 is not the Sun, they normaly know what they Are takling aboute.ย 

If true good news

5 hours ago, fredherring said:

Shows how blind our fans are.ย 

Second d one half he was the most wasteful player in the team. Put us under so much pressure with awful passing.ย 

ย 

ย 

That's true but he's got real talent of that there is zero doubt. However, he has real heart and character though as evidenced by that celebration at the end and boy do we need that quality!!

3 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I also thought Raschia looked very tidy today too. He seems to be getting up to speed and offers that little something unpredictable, shown by his run leading to Norman's goal. Most of our players would have played an easy ball back to Williams rather than the nice little bit of skill that bamboozled the Brighton right back that gave him the chance to put in the cross. He did visibly tire towards the end, but he hasn't had a run of games starting yet.ย 

ย 

ย 

Agreed - his best appearance for us so far and battled gamely to the end carrying a knock.ย 

He's brilliant and probably our best player, but I can't help but wonder if he's carrying a bit too much muscle for a midfielder in the PL because he seems to go down with cramp and get little muscle injuries every game.

It's one thing being a natural tank like Lukaku butย in the past Normann was quite skinny so he's obviously worked to build up that frame which means his ligaments and joints are under more pressure than they would be usually and obviously he's going to be more susceptible to tears and strainsย I'm not sure it's totally the ideal type for a footballer, I worry every game when he goes down that he's injured himself.

Anyway if we can keep him fit all season and the new manager gets us playing better then we'll have a great chance of staying up, but I'm still haunted by memories of other PLย campaigns being ruined by injuries to our best players and he worries me tbh.ย 

4 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

He's brilliant and probably our best player, but I can't help but wonder if he's carrying a bit too much muscle for a midfielder in the PL because he seems to go down with cramp and get little muscle injuries every game.

It's one thing being a natural tank like Lukaku butย in the past Normann was quite skinny so he's obviously worked to build up that frame which means his ligaments and joints are under more pressure than they would be usually and obviously he's going to be more susceptible to tears and strainsย I'm not sure it's totally the ideal type for a footballer, I worry every game when he goes down that he's injured himself.

Anyway if we can keep him fit all season and the new manager gets us playing better then we'll have a great chance of staying up, but I'm still haunted by memories of other PLย campaigns being ruined by injuries to our best players and he worries me tbh.ย 

'skinny'

E_mUlZCXEAghk3U.jpg