Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Yet again Tzolis and Gilmour left out the team

Haven't been following the team since Farke decided to punish Tzolis for the penalty that Idah was assigned to take but it seems to me that Farke really wanted to send out a message to Tzolis and on purpoce did not play him in games where he should of started. Tzolis a signing of 13 mils should of had at least 2 full games in the premier league. The game againts Arsenal proved everyone that he could play in the PL but unfortunatly Farke's ego couldn't take it. 

Hopefully Smith gives him a chance because Tzolis excels in open spaces and since most teams would play loossy goossy with Norwich it will make alot more sense to throw him in games againts big clubs than in games where a win is in the realms of possibilities

3 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

Haven't been following the team since Farke decided to punish Tzolis for the penalty that Idah was assigned to take but it seems to me that Farke really wanted to send out a message to Tzolis and on purpoce did not play him in games where he should of started. Tzolis a signing of 13 mils should of had at least 2 full games in the premier league. The game againts Arsenal proved everyone that he could play in the PL but unfortunatly Farke's ego couldn't take it. 

Hopefully Smith gives him a chance because Tzolis excels in open spaces and since most teams would play loossy goossy with Norwich it will make alot more sense to throw him in games againts big clubs than in games where a win is in the realms of possibilities

Well, you're an interesting character and I won't be the only one looking back through your previous 7 posts to see what you are all about.

Tzolis didn't have a bad game at Arsenal, but your comment that 'Farke's ego couldn't take it' is just crazy.

So calm down, your buddy will get chances to impress and if he does well enough Dean Smith will give him more and more minutes.

PS I agreed with your other comments about Farke in that his ego and arrogance were his downfall. His treatment of players who stood up to him was appalling, far more than is in the public domain and people or press realise. Sending players to Siberia is basically bullying in the workplace. Farke had to go. But on the other hand if 19 year old disobeys team instructions (the penalty) then there will be consequences.

On 24/11/2021 at 02:30, Pugin said:

Well, you're an interesting character and I won't be the only one looking back through your previous 7 posts to see what you are all about.

Tzolis didn't have a bad game at Arsenal, but your comment that 'Farke's ego couldn't take it' is just crazy.

So calm down, your buddy will get chances to impress and if he does well enough Dean Smith will give him more and more minutes.

PS I agreed with your other comments about Farke in that his ego and arrogance were his downfall. His treatment of players who stood up to him was appalling, far more than is in the public domain and people or press realise. Sending players to Siberia is basically bullying in the workplace. Farke had to go. But on the other hand if 19 year old disobeys team instructions (the penalty) then there will be consequences.

So you calling my comment on Farke's ego crazy and then agree with me? 

I don't get it mate. 

I actually liked and appreciate Farke's approach, he's a smooth talker and i think thats a very nice attribute to have but maybe not as a Premier League coach, more like an assistant manager perhaps? 

What killed it for me is when he decided to choose Idah over Tzolis on the following games and when he was starting crazy formations that just made absolutely no sense for this level and the players he had. 

With a young team you gotta keep it simple and play hermetic as much as possible, you gotta be Greece 2004, not in the tactic so much but more in the mindset. He din't play that way, he managed a team with the mindset that they're there to impose their style. Which failed miserably.... obviously. I knew the team is much better than that and Tzolis is the key for this team to stay in PL. 

I followed him in his Greek League debut and he means well... there was no reason to punish him for that long he should of played more minutes gain more experience quicker so come Winter time he can play with more confidence and hopefully increase his market value so this team can resell him and make some needed profits. 

If this sounds crazy to you... i dont know waht to say

I thought you were suggesting that Farke's ego couldn't take Tzolis having a good game at Arsenal. That's how it read.

What Farke's ego couldn't take was a player (any player) going against his instructions. A better manager would deal with the situation in such a way that the player would never dare to disobey him again, but he would not do it to the detriment of the team. 

We have seen similar situations with other players and (as you may know) Farke plays mind games by not even discussing the issue with the player. 

He's gone now, replaced by a manager who is happy to explain to players why they are being left out.