chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Brentford (A/PL) ****

At last no cart horse at the back and we look a little more organised! Hopefully Gibson and Omobamdele can keep it to a clean sheet.

33 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m trying to fit a kitchen tap and was on my back in a cupboard when we scored. Do I spend the rest of the match in there? 🤔

I'm sure that's a euphemism for a bit of afternoon hanky-panky 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KernowCanary said:

Yeah, no celebrations at all, just standing there looking stone cold!.

Im not sure I can blame him. I'd be the same. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Very very happy with todays performance, ombadalie is going to be a hell of a player, looks better to me then Godfrey did at his age. Formation really working well 

In fairness to Godfrey, big Andy is a centre back and has played that position for some time. But you are right.

8 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Very very happy with todays performance, ombadalie is going to be a hell of a player, looks better to me then Godfrey did at his age. Formation really working well 

Godfrey wasnt a natural defender. Omo looks a natural. And his physique is only going to grow. Highly impressive for his age

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

We got the goal by playing differently though. We got at them quickly, using Rashica's pace, we didn't let them dictate the pace at the start and Normann was direct and ran at them to score the goal. 

We also pressed, and PLM being higher up the pitch makes a difference to that because he gets at players.

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

How poor are the Brentford fans for booing at half time by the way. They’ve had a cracking start to the season and were unlucky in their most recent home defeat to Leicester. Fickle bunch!

To be fair who wants to be the first club to lose to Norwich ?

The shame 😨

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Sooooooo, who else is currently ****ting themselves?? 

I've already got no **** left to **** myself with.

• Haha 1

In any of the other 10 games this season at around the time we scored the first we'd have still been knocking it about at a snails pace between our CB's before losing it when trying to progress slowly and they've have had us penned in early. Instead we saw something we haven't seen once yet, some aggression, pace, energy, players taking on a man and not p155ing about with it playing slow sideways and backwards passes in our own half like we usually do. Why did it have to take 11 games for us to get to this point?

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Sooooooo, who else is currently ****ting themselves?? 

No. Loving every minute and wanting us to go on and smash em

Good half, but a long way from over. Hope we keep the energy up in the middle as they have played through us a few times. 

We also looked a little suspect on those long throws - need to make sure we win the first header. 

But some good performances all over the pitch - keep it up lads! 

Well done, Norwich! Despite whiffs of a championship game, with us having a lot more space on the ball, I have to give the players and Farke credit where it’s due. 
Brentford have had some dangerous spells of pressure. Those long throws and corners are dangerous. We’ve done alright at fending them off so far. 
Brandon Williams had a fine first half. He was solid defensively, and found the ball in excellent positions after coming inside on his right and using the half-space like fast lane. Brentford have looked open in those positions. 
Normann scored a superb goal. He was positive and finished smartly after a couple of jinking touches. He has also mopped up infront of the back line, and pressed high when needed. 
Overall impressed with the Norwich mettle/ s’housery. We’ve conceded fouls when needed. These players have grown up a little to show a resolute half.
We’ve pressed more situationally, and pressed well and won many turnovers, and haven’t gotten ourselves overstretched , or overrun on the counter. Far more balanced. 
We will undoubtedly come under pressure in this second half and Frank will probably alter his shape. 

2 well deserved goals. Hopefully the big first half performance can be taken into the second, with the players regaining some self belief. 

Edited by Mr. Raumdeuter III

In any of the other 10 games this season at around the time we scored the first we'd have still been knocking it about at a snails pace between our CB's before losing it when trying to progress slowly and they've have had us penned in early. Instead we saw something we haven't seen once yet, some aggression, pace, energy, players taking on a man and not p155ing about with it playing slow sideways and backwards passes in our own half like we usually do. Why did it have to take 11 games for us to get to this point?

The key thing is that we didn't - score - first. Besides, we'd only scored three goals so hardly much of a sample size. This team does seem to need confidence quite badly, so I don't expect the second half to be quite as fluid, but frankly if we scrape a win by body-slamming the goalie into the post and it bounces in after someone miskicked and hit the referee in the face, I don't care. Just win.

Remember though, this is Brentford. Surprise package for many in the league but not for us. This is likely to be one of the few teams we feel we can do this with. But Im pretty sure we'd still be playing 3 at the back if not for the CB situation

Its only one half and how often have you seen City play two decent halves  

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Omobamidele has to be the first name on the team sheet in my opinion. 

Would be Normann for me. He has consistently been our best player.

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Omobamidele has to be the first name on the team sheet in my opinion. 

Looks very comfortable at this level. I hope we can hang on to him.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Raumdeuter III said:

We will undoubtedly come under pressure in this second half and Frank will probably alter his shape. 

If so we should look for pace on the counter rather than backs to the wall in my opinion. Rashica, Tzolis, Placheta, all dangerous on the counter

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Anyone found a decent riverlet? None of the usual flowing bodies of water seem to be working this PM?

Mine's working superbly. Never p-i-ssed myself so much in years.

Sorry lads, Brentford just scored as I typed that.

Oh, wait!!!

Yeah, **** VAR anyway.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Great to be supporting the team for a change instead of pant wetting about changing manager.

Hope we won't see any posts of "if we win today then we will be relegated" etc 🙄

Off the bottom, above Newcastle, 2 points short of Burnley.

Let's get behind the team.  Remember the "Chase out" brigade? The team played even worse without the team being cheered on.

may have to park the bus this half