Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Top teams pitches a disgrace..........

Anyone else noticed this? The two worst pictures in the Prem and Fizzy Pop League put together seem to be Man Ure and Chelski.

How are they allowed to get away with it?

They spend more money on Frank Lampard''s chest waxing than they do on the pitch.

It aint right. When the Prem was formed one of the rules for entry were that the pitch had to be top quality. My sunday league pitch is better than both. Different rules for different clubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chelski had a game iced off a few years ago didnt they??? they dont even have undersoil heating it seems then....

I could understand the pitch taking a battering if it was shared with a Rugby team but the state of Stamford brdige is Laughable!

jas :)

Yeah I''ve been shocked with the state of some of the pitches especially when we haven''t even had that much rain or bad weather. Man Utd have had constant problems with their pitch - they''ve relayed the turf numerous times in the past few years I think!!

It''s not a coincidence that both sides have two of the biggest grounds in the country providing little/no sunlight to the pitch.

St James Park is huge but the pitch seems fine on that.

I thought that was why the Jarrold stand had a clear roof, to let the sunlight thru so doesn''t seem a problem that cannot be overcome.

[quote user="BedsCanary"]It''s not a coincidence that both sides have two of the biggest grounds in the country providing little/no sunlight to the pitch.[/quote] That''s a good point although I think the problems with Man Utd have been more about drainage and the grass not taking properly??

there were reports that big clubs do this on purpose to cause problems for teams in europe, for the uefa cup or champions league.

Thats the reason I can remember Norwich saying they would never fill in

the corner of the Barclay and south stand in.It allows airflow into the

ground hense keeping the pitch in good condition.Probly the reason they

allowed the hotel to be built as it will be set back

I heard on the box last week that Chelski keep their pitch in that state intentionally - to put off the footballing teams such as Barcelona.

In the past some teams would reduce the width and length of their pitches to combat the great footballing teams: ''Squeeze them in, stop them playing.''

I believe, however, the authorities realise that someone is cocking the mickey because of the high standards they demand from stadiums.

Watch out for an announcement on pitches soon.