Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Southampton v Villa

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Still a positive to be had in that case, we can add it to the list of excuses for the season. 

We’d have beat them if we didn’t have to miss 2 pre season games because of COVID . Blast our rotten luck. 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We’d have beat them if we didn’t have to miss 2 pre season games because of COVID . Blast our rotten luck. 

Quite correct, if Norwich were in a marching band they’d get the piano. 

35 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

So have 4G pitches …

No such thing common misconception due to the mobile phone network of the same name

nor 5G 

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

No such thing common misconception due to the mobile phone network of the same name

nor 5G 

Quite a few Inscrupulous companies trying to sell non existing products.... 

https://www.google.com/search?q=4G+pitches&client=ms-android-ee-uk-revc&sxsrf=AOaemvJRQrTmY7RBjc0lpGS7TWdDUPxnHw%3A1636152133432&ei=RbOFYdXnGYuwU4alg7AG&oq=Porgy+pictures&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEBJQAFgAYABoAHAAeACAAQCIAQCSAQCYAQCgAQY&gs_ivs=1&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

7 hours ago, Yobocop said:

And yet none are actually recognised by any governing body 

https://www.sispitches.com/the-definitive-guide-to-all-types-of-astroturf-pitches-2g-3g-4g-and-beyond/

That article specifically mentions 4G 5G and beyond ? Why do that if there is ,quotes , 

No such thing common misconception due to the mobile phone network of the same name

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

That article specifically mentions 4G 5G and beyond ? Why do that if there is ,quotes , 

No such thing common misconception due to the mobile phone network of the same name

Very much tongue in cheek my friend 

the technology is there it simply hasn’t been approved for use yet so therefore you’d struggle to find a 4g+ pitch 

10 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Having watched Villa twice recently it seems they haven’t realised how good buendia is. All you have to do is give him the ball. It’s like they are playing a video game and are totally unaware of the cheat mode.

As my wife is a villan, we watch them often, you’re spot on, (he’s getting in the pockets), keep saying, ‘there’s the chance, pass it, but they keep using the width.   Probably Douglas will find him more often than Makamba.   Their style of play isn’t quite suiting his just yet, but be surprised if they don’t adapt it, particularly when you see his second half contribution.   Brilliant and unplayable….. 4 good chances he created in the first 10 mins of it.   

Still seems to have that quality of decision making in the final third that we've lacked all season.

Let's be honest, we'd all have him back in a flash.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Still seems to have that quality of decision making in the final third that we've lacked all season.

Let's be honest, we'd all have him back in a flash.

Reality is he didn't want to be here. No point holding someone whose head has been turned ( or more likely his bank balance).

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

Reality is he didn't want to be here. No point holding someone whose head has been turned ( or more likely his bank balance).

I know, but sometimes it's alright to pretend 😪😜

6 minutes ago, duke63 said:

I think most of us agree with that, but the point is we've replaced quality with quantity. Add to that the falling out with Cantwell and you're left with a midfield that has zero creativity.

There possibly is a long term view to take, but right now it's a tough watch with some of the worst football we've seen for many seasons.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Very much tongue in cheek my friend 

the technology is there it simply hasn’t been approved for use yet so therefore you’d struggle to find a 4g+ pitch 

Righto 

Reckon we’ll beat Brentford ? 

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Righto 

Reckon we’ll beat Brentford ? 

Yes 

Looks like Smith is scapegoating Buendia.  He wasn't in the game that much but he was better than the rest of Villa's team.  Like Brentford, I think Villa will soon be down among the proper relegation battlers which, sadly, includes us.

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Quite correct, if Norwich were in a marching band they’d get the piano. 

That'd be Grand.....

1 hour ago, Numan said:

Looks like Smith is scapegoating Buendia.  He wasn't in the game that much but he was better than the rest of Villa's team.  Like Brentford, I think Villa will soon be down among the proper relegation battlers which, sadly, includes us.

I agree Villa are one of the team we have to see as “competition” but to me that underlines what we are up against a team that has spent hundreds of millions in the last couple of years grealish money or not. A team who can pinch our best player at will and quadruple his wages.

1 hour ago, Numan said:

Villa us and Newcastle going down, calling it

16 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That wasn't the debate, you said they don't exist.

They don’t 

Just now, Yobocop said:

They don’t 

They clearly do, irrelevant if a governing board recognises them or not. By your own link they are there, with full description, can't describe something that doesn't exist. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

They clearly do, irrelevant if a governing board recognises them or not. By your own link they are there, with full description, can't describe something that doesn't exist. 

The technology is there but not yet in use 

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

The technology is there but not yet in use 

Ah, but that's a different argument and not what you said. 

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Ah, but that's a different argument and not what you said. 

No it’s not read back