Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Dowie must be panicking

Acoording to the manager if Hughes is unfit then either Robinson, Etuhu or Jarrett will definitely replace him in midfield.  This must really be getting Ian Dowie panicking, one is not match fit, one only turns up for part of the game, and one would rather be back at Plynouth.  No mention of McVeigh ( always likely to score), Rossi Jarvis ( fairly rarely gives the ball to the opposition), Spillane ( far too talented and a promising youngster).

[quote user="silver fox"]Acoording to the manager if Hughes is unfit then either Robinson, Etuhu or Jarrett will definitely replace him in midfield.  This must really be getting Ian Dowie panicking, one is not match fit, one only turns up for part of the game, and one would rather be back at Plynouth.  No mention of McVeigh ( always likely to score), Rossi Jarvis ( fairly rarely gives the ball to the opposition), Spillane ( far too talented and a promising youngster).[/quote] I agree in part with your post that playing Robinson, Jarrett or Etuhu in midfield isn''t going to scare any team but McVeigh certainly isn''t a central midfielder, Rossi Jarvis has hardly played and hasn''t yet shown that he would be a better bet than Robinson and Spillane is too young to start in my opinion. Worthy hasn''t mentioned these three for centre midfield because they are not yet realistic choices. I would like to see Jarvis or Spillane on the bench and one of them given a run out in the game but no more than that yet. Anyway why would we change a winning formula from the Derby game when Robinson and Safri played pretty well together???