Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Well done to the police 👏

Are you insane? 

How is it something to be praised that someone can get 8 weeks in prison for posting a picture on twitter?

The police waste their time policing speech online when actual crime is increasing every year. 

People on social media are weird. It gives you mental illness.

Take the medicine for modern life and quit social media

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Renskay said:

Are you insane? 

How is it something to be praised that someone can get 8 weeks in prison for posting a picture on twitter?

The police waste their time policing speech online when actual crime is increasing every year. 

Cough, did Renskay really just say that?  Perhaps we should bring back Goebbel's, he was only setting things out in print that his mate wrote in Mien Kamp. 

8 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Are you insane? 

Ignorance at it finest!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Cough, did Renskay really just say that?  Perhaps we should bring back Goebbel's, he was only setting things out in print that his mate wrote in Mien Kamp. 

Perhaps we should just lock me up and throw away the key because I committed the sin of having a logical opinion on this instead of hysterical virtue signalling about a situation which is clearly bad for society and will push the bounds of free speech and freedom itself until there is nothing you can say on the Internet or even be uttered lest you are hounded down by the police for an opinion that goes against the popular narrative being portrayed by the establishment whilst actual murders, acid attacks and rapes go unsolved but do go on about how it's so great people are being arrested for tweets.

It's such a great sign of *progress*

Edited by Renskay

1 minute ago, Renskay said:

Perhaps we should just lock me up and throw away the key because I committed the sin of having a logical opinion on this instead of hysterical virtue signalling about a situation which is clearly bad for society and will push the bounds of free speech and freedom itself until there is nothing you can say on the Internet that can even be uttered lest you are hounded down by the police for an opinion whilst actual murders, acid attacks and rapes go unsolved but do go on about how it's so great people are being arrested for tweets.

He's done it again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Perhaps we should just lock me up and throw away the key because I committed the sin of having a logical opinion on this instead of hysterical virtue signalling about a situation which is clearly bad for society and will push the bounds of free speech and freedom itself until there is nothing you can say on the Internet or even be uttered lest you are hounded down by the police for an opinion that goes against the popular narrative being portrayed by the establishment whilst actual murders, acid attacks and rapes go unsolved but do go on about how it's so great people are being arrested for tweets.

Not too sure that sending someone photos of gas chamber victims and telling them they are next in line should count as 'free speech' but what do I know..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not too sure that sending someone photos of gas chamber victims and telling them they are next in line should count as 'free speech' but what do I know..

If you can't see how the precedent is being set to silence speech at this stage you will forever remain blind to it.

The patterns are obvious. 

Stop pretending it's just going to be people you hate who will be arrested.

2 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Perhaps we should just lock me up and throw away the key because I committed the sin of having a logical opinion on this instead of hysterical virtue signalling about a situation which is clearly bad for society and will push the bounds of free speech and freedom itself until there is nothing you can say on the Internet that can even be uttered lest you are hounded down by the police for an opinion whilst actual murders, acid attacks and rapes go unsolved but do go on about how it's so great people are being arrested for tweets.

2 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Once again the real snowflakes show themselves with **** like this. 

Boohoo, my rights to racially abuse people online have been infringed.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Renskay said:

If you can't see how the precedent is being set to silence speech at this stage you will forever remain blind to it.

The patterns are obvious. 

Stop pretending it's just going to be people you hate who will be arrested.

Do you understand the concept of 'inciting racial hatred'? It isn't simply words if it's creating an atmosphere that puts people at genuine risk. Look how instances of racism increased under Trump.

11 minutes ago, Renskay said:

So we should ignore some crimes because there's other crime? 

That's not logical. Quite the opposite. 

1 minute ago, Canarywary said:

Do you understand the concept of 'inciting racial hatred'? It isn't simply words if it's creating an atmosphere that puts people at genuine risk. Look how instances of racism increased under Trump.

Why would "incidents of racism" not increase when the focus of cataloguing the said "incidents" have gone into over drive in the past 5 years.

The spectrum of what classifies an "incident of racism" is so broad that's it's actually laughable as well as people can claim to be a victim with no evidence, witness, reason or fact and still it will be catalogued as legitimate. 

You can say why would someone do this? Well the reason is obvious, claiming to be a victim is something that is rewarded in today's society.

There are countless examples of people claiming to be victims to seek out some type of reward from it.

https://fakehatecrimes.org/

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Are you insane? 

You're in the wrong country; the first amendment is part of the US constitution and has nothing to do with UK law. 

UK law does have express limits on freedom of speech, inlcuding slander, libel, sexual harrassment, and hate speech to name a few examples. These laws have all been introduced by democratically elected representatives appointed to make laws on behalf of the people. 

The Chelsea fan was free to express his hatred, was subject to a public trial for doing so, and is now a convicted criminal as per those laws.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

So we should ignore some crimes because there's other crime? 

That's not logical. Quite the opposite. 

You should prioritise crimes where *actual* violence is taking place as they cause more damage to people.

That is logical.

It makes sense to solve murders than to spend every man hour of police time hunting down the IP address of a 14 year old on twitter who leaves a comment after his team lost.

Edited by Renskay

Looks like West Ham fans at it as well according to the BBC.

Meanwhile at Yorkshire County Cricket Club the **** has hit the fan there.

5 minutes ago, Renskay said:

You should prioritise crimes where *actual* violence is taking place as they cause more damage to people.

That is logical.

It makes sense to solver murders than spend every man hour of police time hunting down the IP address of a 14 year old twitter who leaves a comment after his team lost.

Hate speech can be a precursor to violence by the person themselves or incite others to violence, or both.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Why would "incidents of racism" not increase when the focus of cataloguing the said "incidents" have gone into over drive in the past 5 years.

The spectrum of what classifies an "incident of racism" is so broad that's it's actually laughable as well as people can claim to be a victim with no evidence, witness, reason or fact and still it will be catalogued as legitimate. 

You can say why would someone do this? Well the reason is obvious, claiming to be a victim is something that is rewarded in today's society.

There are countless examples of people claiming to be victims to seek out some type of reward from it.

https://fakehatecrimes.org/

The irony is that you are claiming that this racist is a victim because he should be allowed to spout hatred online and, when he does, he is being victimised as a result. 

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Hate speech can be a precursor to violence by the person themselves or incite others to violence, or both.

"can be a precursor to violence"

So it's now in legislation that the police can assume a motive for your intent to commit violence just through the perceived offence taken of another individual based on something you said, even if what you said in no way directs an intent to violence. The state can prescribe an intent towards you, as if they can read your mind and predict your actions.

Therefore arresting you for a crime you are yet to commit and are unlikely to commit.

and you boomers don't see how that's a problem...

Honestly we're all doomed.

18 minutes ago, Renskay said:

That is logical.

It makes sense to solve murders than to spend every man hour of police time hunting down the IP address of a 14 year old on twitter who leaves a comment after his team lost.

So you think that clearly racist and anti-semetic quotes should be allowed and those on the end of them should just get on with life? If it was done face to face, that's ok to?

And you think because of the police arresting these people, murders and physical attacked are being ignored? 

Would be interested to hear more... As I am not sure why any sensible person wouldn't like the people responsible for such speech to be stopped. What about the freedom of those targeted not to be insulted and threatened?

Edited by Kenny Foggo

9 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Arguably better to prevent murders and violence while it's 'just' a mental issue, but whatever

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

The irony is that you are claiming that this racist is a victim because he should be allowed to spout hatred online and, when he does, he is being victimised as a result. 

The people of the country are victims because the noose of what is and is not acceptable is tightening so that you will be arrested for the perceived offence of another person even when the reality of what actually happened (posting a picture online) does not match the punishment.

The precedent is clearly set by things like this and it's through blind naivety that people like you can ignore that and sing it's praises.

Anyway I'm about to go workout, you guys have fun in agreement about how this is the best thing ever.

Renskay ...however I can guarantee that you would be appalled that if a Muslim individual showed signs of sympathising with terrorism that you would be appalled if nothing was done about it until it was too late. 

Edited by McWrighty
Etc
  • Like 1

There's a gulf of difference between inciting racial hatred and a bit of football name calling. Had he referred to them as a bunch of W**nkers know body would have batted an eyelid but he had to go beyond acceptable.

8 minutes ago, Renskay said:

The people of the country are victims because the noose of what is and is not acceptable is tightening so that you will be arrested for the perceived offence of another person even when the reality of what actually happened (posting a picture online) does not match the punishment.

The precedent is clearly set by things like this and it's through blind naivety that people like you can ignore that and sing it's praises.

Anyway I'm about to go workout, you guys have fun in agreement about how this is the best thing ever.

So you think that clearly racist and anti-semetic quotes should be allowed and those on the end of them should just get on with life? If it was done face to face, that's ok to?

And you think because of the police arresting these people, murders and physical attacked are being ignored? 

Would be interested to hear more... As I am not sure why any sensible person wouldn't like the people responsible for such speech to be stopped. What about the freedom of those targeted not to be insulted and threatened?

1 hour ago, Renskay said:

"can be a precursor to violence"

So it's now in legislation that the police can assume a motive for your intent to commit violence just through the perceived offence taken of another individual based on something you said, even if what you said in no way directs an intent to violence. The state can prescribe an intent towards you, as if they can read your mind and predict your actions.

Therefore arresting you for a crime you are yet to commit and are unlikely to commit.

and you boomers don't see how that's a problem...

Honestly we're all doomed.

The point is that because, and there is no doubt about this, hate speech can prompt violence by the speaker and/or those who receive the message then hate speech by itself is rightly treated as a crime. That is not to say it deserves to be treated as seriously as the violence it might engender, but it still needs to be taken seriously.

PS. I notice Renskay is quite happy to hurl the viciously abusive hate term 'boomer' at me...🤓

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Renskay said:

Are you insane? 

I am astounded you are implying that ANY form of RACIST abuse appears OK in your own mind in a sport that is trying to rid the game of it by encouraging players to take the knee prior to the event starting.

There is NO place for people who support such filth in sport, be it spoken or otherwise, in ANY sport as a competitor or supporter!

8 years would have been better!

2 hours ago, Renskay said:

lest you are hounded down by the police for an opinion that goes against the popular narrative being portrayed by the establishment

Lol. Being racist and anti-semitic is just going against the establishment, is it?

1 hour ago, Renskay said:

Anyway I'm about to go workout

Not too much, more than four a day and you might go blind.

• Haha 1