Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Hanley out 3 weeks, kabak may be out

Kabak can control a ball further than he can kick it and looks like a bit of a liability at PL level and the fact that Hanley has presided over gaining just two points thus far means he is due a break.

I'd make Normann captain at Brentford. 

46 minutes ago, king canary said:

I am intrigued to see us without him though- I know he's looked OK but he's also the common denominator in all of our performances this season. Gibson and Omo will be an interesting pairing.

Yep, could be interesting, KC - seem to remember Omobamidele and Gibson impressing when they played together last season when Grant got injured in the spring. Not to mention if it increases our chances of playing a more attacking formation then I won’t have any complaints, in fact Farke hinted in the press conference that it was time to return to our DNA and identity of playing. Think Sorensen will be on the bench for this one.

Krul,

Aarons

Gibson

Omobamidele

Williams

Normann

McLean

Rashica

Gilmour

Tzolis

Pukki

Thats my wild guess at what team Farke will put out tomorrow. He has to go for it now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'll bite as I have my opinion as much as any other Norwich fan.  My cheering is not essentially against Hanley but because at long last we have the chance to see Norwich using a more stable formation (in my opinion). I've long been championing 4-2-3-1 without Hanley. 

Granted (no pun intended) Hanley is not my first choice for a 4-2-3-1, as in my view he regularly makes poor or no decisions in defence, leading to his "heroic" recoveries and last ditch tackles / clearances.  We wouldn't need for him to "rescue" us if he was up to the role.  Why else has Farke been pursuing a three man defence if not to cover up for defence frailties in a back four.   However the three man defence has blunted our attacking push totally and reverting to long balls is just a waste of time with Pukki and Sargent. 

It is my belief that the 4-2-3-1, with Omo more than capable of being one of the two and Sorenson alongside Normann in the double pivot, will allow our attacking game to be found again.  Of course the proof will be if this is what is pursued on Saturday; I'm already having my doubts as Farke did mention Sorenson as a Centre back, which can only mean a three centre back approach (oh woe).  

So @AJ let's hear your solution.  Is a 4-2-3-1 not to your linking?

I said above your post that I'd like to see us go back to 4-2-3-1. I don't really understand why we've suddenly ditched it, it won us promotion for gods sake! I think missing Cantwell (especially now Buendia is gone) doesn't help argue for that formation, but I'd love to see Tzolis and Rashica on opposing flanks so we have some pace/technical ability to actually worry the opposing fullbacks for once. The lack of service is a big worry, and the main reason we haven't scored goals is because we've barely created anything to score from, so having both Tzolis and Rashica should help that, I hope we see Todd back soon as I feel he has a lot to offer this side now Emi has gone.

I'd probably go for Normann and McLean in midfield with Rupp just ahead of them. Probably not the most popular of midfields, but we haven't seen enough of Lungi to start him ahead of the others, and I think Rupp and McLean adds a bit more bite and closing effort than Gilmour in defence as well as still providing a decent array of passing options and running going forwards. I also think when in form McLean offers more than Lees-Melou, although like most of the team we've yet to see that this season. 

I just felt you were a bit harsh on Hanley when he's been no worse than Gibson who has probably been the poorest of the lot, and Kabak who seems to often forget he's not playing Fifa and needs to actually do his job and be in position to defend! 

But hey, I'm not Farke, so be fully prepared for Max Aarons to be deployed as our dangerous pacey winger once again (not that I think he did that badly actually whilst never looking likely to excel out there). I do feel it's one of those where a goal or two could lift our side no end, you could feel it at Leeds once we had equalised but sadly we shot ourselves in the foot and that was the game done. Hopefully the lads will take the positives though and get us in front at the weekend to get the good time flowing again

22 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Are Kabak and Hanley injured or have they fallen out with the manager? 

they're injured and Neil Doncaster has the scans to prove it!

• Like 1

Under normal circumstances having 3 CHs out injured we would be lining up the excuses. Now we see it as an opportunity.

How times have changed.

Let's hope the results do.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of all the players to fall out and refuse to play I highly doubt it would be Hanley.

But being injured has never stopped Hanley playing recently. 

Obviously different rules for different players. Cantwell can't play until he has trained for two weeks whereas only a few weeks ago Farke said about Norman he only returned to training on Wednesday and was selected on the Saturday and he didn't last ninety minutes. There is something amiss why doesn't the DofF say something.

1 hour ago, ridgeman said:

Obviously different rules for different players. Cantwell can't play until he has trained for two weeks whereas only a few weeks ago Farke said about Norman he only returned to training on Wednesday and was selected on the Saturday and he didn't last ninety minutes. There is something amiss why doesn't the DofF say something.

I would imagine the rules are ‘different’ because Normann is apparently always available for training when fit, and the suggestion from Farke is that has not been the case with Todd. So if that’s the case then it’s not different rules for different players.

8 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Cantwell can't play, apparently, because he has to train for at least two weeks before he becomes eligible on grounds of fitness. Strange that the same rule never seems to apply to McLean after an injury..  

Thick as horse shïit 

9 hours ago, king canary said:

I am intrigued to see us without him though- I know he's looked OK but he's also the common denominator in all of our performances this season. Gibson and Omo will be an interesting pairing.

I'm concerned to see us without him. He has been our best defender whether in a 3 or a 2 and often by quite some distance. Thankfully,  we arent playing a top team tomorrow and then we have an international break!

8 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Are Kabak and Hanley injured or have they fallen out with the manager? 

Obviously injured. Or Hanley would be travelling with Scotland. This really isn't that difficult.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Obviously injured. Or Hanley would be travelling with Scotland. This really isn't that difficult.

Didn't stop him from playing the second half on Sunday

Hope Kabak's OK. Gibson is one of the worse CB we've ever had ! 

Just give Sorensen a game at CB - can't do any worse.

Cantwell was fit enough to play 90 minutes for the U-23s today 😉

Norwich City: McCracken, Mumba, Bushiri (C) (Giurgi 84'), Warner, Stewart (Springett 73'), Khumbeni (Earley 73'), Gibbs, Rowe, Cantwell, Dickson-Peters, Kamara

8 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Hope Kabak's OK. Gibson is one of the worse CB we've ever had ! 

Just give Sorensen a game at CB - can't do any worse.

Its this sort of rubbish...

Well if Hanley and Gibson are out there's never been a stronger case to revert to 4-2-3-1

Has to be Gibson & Omo. I'd go 

Krul

Aarons Omo Gibson Williams

Normann Rupp (prefer Sorensen)

Rashica Gilmour Tzolis

Pukki

Saying that, wouldn't be surprised to see our beloved Sorensen turn up in a 3 man defence today, such is the randomness of Farkes selections

Pity about Hanley. I think its only him and Normann have shown that they deserve to be in the team this season. The rest haven't performed well enough at this level to warrant a starting place. I think Farke plays people who run about in training like McLean and Sargent but neither really have any quality. Perhaps that's why Sorenson isn't getting a start. 

21 hours ago, hogesar said:

Its this sort of rubbish...

I'm telling it like I see it - you're the one full of sh1t !