yellow_belly

Losing to Brentford could save our season.

I want us to beat Brentford obviously and if you offered me a loss at Brentford to guarantee that the board would act and replace Farke I'd turn it down because I can't stand seeing us lose.

But I can understand the mentality of those who do, they can see what's obvious to 99% of us that under Daniel Farke we will suffer a humiliating, soul destroying relegation because his his main philosophy and his altered version of that that we've seen this year absolutely does not work at this level with the standard of player we have regardless of whether we get lucky some days and pick up the odd rare win.

So they're thinking short term pain for a chance at improvement down the line. But they shouldn't have to think that, the reason they do is because they know the board will only act when fans leave them no other choice and we've been here before, when something is so obviously wrong with the set up and a win out of nowhere suddenly buys the manager another 5 games even though it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that it needs changing and we just drag out the misery even longer.

If we had a board who were brave enough to do the right thing for the football club and to maybe save our season you wouldn't be getting posts like this, but people are getting desperate for this humiliating agony to end and you can't blame them really, they know that blind fanaticism and a belief in the impossible isn't going to make everything alright like some people seem to think. It's not working, it's not going to work and it needs changing, it's sad that the board won't acknowledge the problem and are living in cuckoo land so people are getting so desperate that they actually want their club to lose to get the necessary change made. 

• Thanks 1

I'll be doing the usual of wanting us to win, but backing us to lose. It softens the blow. 

A good performance would save Farke's bacon, but on evidence this season that is highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

No. you are just pursuing your favourite pastime of sh*t stirring. It pervades nearly everything you post.

Not even sure the word stirring is needed here. He just posts sh*t.

No City fan wants to see their team lose regardless if there are perceived benefits further down the line.

Brentford have lost 3 on the bounce and have injuries to contend with. No disrespect to them, but it's bloody Brentford! A game we cannot afford to lose and ought not lose with the comparative millions we've spent on our squad.

If we cannot beat one of Watford, Burnley, Leeds and Brentford, then sadly our time in this division is severely limited.

I doubt many will go into the game actually wanting us to lose.  However, if during the course of the game we’re underperforming yet again and the outcome becomes inevitable then I could fully understand why some might want that defeat to be as emphatic as possible in order to press home to the Board (if we have one) that they can’t continue with their heads in the sand.  I felt like this against Chelsea and also a few years ago at home to Burnley at the end of the Worthington era.

7 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

Come on Brentford!

😂😬🤷‍♂️

(being ironic but this could be the best result)

I remember @First Wizard (I think that's the same poster as the person I'm thinking about - if not, apologies !) would post this fairly regularly (bless 'im).  Any new manager would then have a honeymoon period which would normally last (with @First Wizard that is) until the first bad result.  He was a poster I generally disagreed with, but at least he was a genuine City fan, albeit someone who had a glass totally empty perspective most of the time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

No City fan wants to see their team lose regardless if there are perceived benefits further down the line.

Brentford have lost 3 on the bounce and have injuries to contend with. No disrespect to them, but it's bloody Brentford! A game we cannot afford to lose and ought not lose with the comparative millions we've spent on our squad.

If we cannot beat one of Watford, Burnley, Leeds and Brentford, then sadly our time in this division is severely limited.

But it’s bloody Brentford, no disrespect  Lol !!! Had Brentfordfc not had serious injuries to many of their first team last season for long periods. They would have gone up as Champions. You won’t find comments like yours on our boards. Yes we’ve lost three on the trot, but even missing some key players you need to analyse who we’ve played and how we’ve lost. 

Edited by SeaPallingBee
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I remember @First Wizard (I think that's the same poster as the person I'm thinking about - if not, apologies !) would post this fairly regularly (bless 'im).  Any new manager would then have a honeymoon period which would normally last (with @First Wizard that is) until the first bad result.  He was a poster I generally disagreed with, but at least he was a genuine City fan, albeit someone who had a glass totally empty perspective most of the time.

I tell you what Bob, could you even imagine this message board if the stars had aligned and both Wiz and Lakey were posting on here in the same ‘era’. I tell you what, chuck Smudger in for good measure too. It would be an absolute verbal bloodbath 😝🤣

Edited by Alex Moss
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SeaPallingBee said:

But it’s bloody Brentford, no disrespect  Lol !!! Had Brentfordfc not had serious injuries to many of their first team last season for long periods. They would have gone up as Champions. You won’t find comments like yours on our boards. Yes we’ve lost three on the trot, but even missing some key players you need to analyse who we’ve played and how we’ve lost. 

Erm I don’t think so, we had plenty of injuries last season ourselves but the difference was our strength in depth. That said, I can remember I think around November last year where we got to the point where our bench was made up of under 23s and 18s without as much as a minute of league football between them because we were down to our last 11 or 12 senior footballers available. But don’t let facts get in the way of a good story 👍

• Like 1

Should we lose tomorrow, most clubs would use the following 2 week int .break to sack and replace their manager.

Our board on th other hand will use it to bury their heads in the sand and hope it all blows over

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

No, having spoken with probably a hundred odd city fans since the last game, not one of them wants to lose to Brentford.

Probably true but how many of them are prepared to admitt that they want Farke out.

A loss to Brentford, which nobody wants, makes Farke even more vunerable which almost everybody I speak to, out here in the sticks, views as necessary for our immediate future.

Edited by Making Plans

If Farke goes (and I think it would be criminal if he did) then Webber will still be here! Who bought the players in? Don't think some on here realise the gulf in class with our squad and 99% of others in this league. I've stated before that this is football at the highest level. To adapt a more streetwise style with the players we have is going to take some doing. Should have bought quality rather than quantity...That's not Farke's fault!

8 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

No I am saying that … this is the conversation around the city and at the game. 

If you lived here, or went to the games, you would know this.

Walk through the city and very few people are saying we should keep Farke.

The Lake District is lovely… but nobody is discussing Norwich or the manager.

Typical really of the 10% of our fan base who are vocal And believe every other Norwich fan thinks the same as them 

31 minutes ago, tea total said:

If Farke goes (and I think it would be criminal if he did) then Webber will still be here! Who bought the players in? Don't think some on here realise the gulf in class with our squad and 99% of others in this league. I've stated before that this is football at the highest level. To adapt a more streetwise style with the players we have is going to take some doing. Should have bought quality rather than quantity...That's not Farke's fault!

Quality costs money, shrewd investments in emerging talent is better value for money 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Quality costs money, shrewd investments in emerging talent is better value for money 

I couldn't agree more and I'm happy to go along with that but a proven Premiership player or two may have also been wise this time around. Long term we look good but with the money gulf getting bigger all the time I feel we might be playing catch up for a while. Farke is the coach to do this.

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If we do lose the season starts against Southampton. The international break will give us time to readdress a few minor issues. 

That sounds familiar. Been there done that and it's made no difference. 

I look at this like my first sport (rugby). England are a half decent team but.......Eddie Jones persists with a few players that beggar belief why they are anywhere near the first 15. We could be so much better, so a loss would aid what we can see as supporters would change personel so a brighter future may happen. I really don't want to lose but it maybe needed to get the wheels moving