Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

Waaaaahhhhhhh!  LDC in “slag off the fans” shocker!  As predictable as night follows day.

He has slagged me off. So it is true.

40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Generally, it was about 6 home matches (most at the beginning of a season) around 6 away matches during the season. So average 12 matches, home matches travel costs £80, tickets £30-40 each, not to mention food etc. Away matches less if they are nearer me, but still average £60 includinbg ticket. Even without extras that is £1000 right there.

18/19 Of the ones I remember  - Birmingham away, Stevenage home, West Brom home, Sheff Utd away, Preston home, Blackburn away, Bolton away, Bristol City home, Middsbro away.

A handful of games in a title winning season. Wow! Some are going every game and watching the biggest pile of śhite imaginable. 

You preaching from a position of total weakness and any support you might have will be cringing away and hiding in the shadows. Or at least they should be. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Oh do sh&t up. Before the lockdown I was regularly spending £1000 plus each season travelling to away matches and some home matches. 

What's stopping you now then? Genuine question as you've used lockdown as the excuse, we're not in lockdown anymore, haven't been for ages. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

What's stopping you now then? Genuine question as you've used lockdown as the excuse, we're not in lockdown anymore, haven't been for ages. 

To busy walking across Windermere and healing lepers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

To busy walking across Windermere and healing lepers 

(LDC is) Too busy typing on here and grumping at people that watch the game and have an opinion 😂

Do not get LDC's willingness to support the coach but not supporters.

Its not a matter of matches, spend or anything. Its down to how you view each game. WIn tomorrow and we will all be delighted and hopeful of a turn around. Lose and it will be 9 out of 11. Its not even a matter of how we played now. Its gone beyond that.

Please explain to me how anyone cannot see we need to do something. And how the fans are in any way to blame?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Do not get LDC's willingness to support the coach but not supporters.

Its not a matter of matches, spend or anything. Its down to how you view each game. WIn tomorrow and we will all be delighted and hopeful of a turn around. Lose and it will be 9 out of 11. Its not even a matter of how we played now. Its gone beyond that.

Please explain to me how anyone cannot see we need to do something. And how the fans are in any way to blame?

It’s like a weird form of Stockholm syndrome I think. 

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Can only go to relatively close matches atm. Family reasons, price of fuel, price of tickets, other interests, work commitments, not to memtion the pandemic, which despite what some people seem to think, is still happening.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Can only go to relatively close matches atm. Family reasons, price of fuel, price of tickets, other interests, work commitments, not to memtion the pandemic, which despite what some people seem to think, is still happening.

So does the pandemic only go to some matches as well. Honestly you just talk utter waffle and believe yourself I think. 

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

So does the pandemic only go to some matches as well. Honestly you just talk utter waffle and believe yourself I think. 

Yes, it has an effect on restricting what I am prepared to do, but is not the main reason for not going to many, as you will see from my post.

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

Yes, it has an effect on restricting what I am prepared to do, but is not the main reason for not going to many, as you will see from my post.

Is it the sh1t football on offer that puts you off going? Can’t blame you.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Hopefully you get more of a chance in future to go, I've been going but not really all that comfortable to be honest, since lockdown it's made me feel really anxious just travelling and being around people - not through fear of catching anything, just general anxiety, so totally appreciate what you've written here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Apologies.

I was only teasing you. But appreciate that this was wrong. Sorry.

1/ I quite like your optimism. Afraid I have lost mine.

2/ I really do not like going to the games since Covid struck… so I appreciate your comments. It takes the shine off the match day experience… avoiding the coughing fans around the ground)!

3/ lack of enjoyment from Covid and the woeful football has made me grumpy with Farke. (He is not good enough for the PL…) Plus a new manager would give me / us something to cheer / get behind.

4/ we are all one team. So let’s stay this way! After all, why would be typing angrily onto a NCFC forum!!

(perhaps realize that if I / others do not agree with you, then we are not horrible binners. I, for one, have been going to the games since 1980… so feel I know a little about the club and have a valid opinion)

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Wow! An outbreak of humanity has just broken out on here!

Brilliant previous two posts.

Was just thinking the same, Bristol - good to see 👍

• Like 1

lets be honest im only 29 and this is already probably the 20th time ive "questioned my sanity" for going to a game.

We are 5/1 which says it all and after some of our performances i dont blame those who decide to keep there hard earned money. Im seeing it as a day out with my dad and a trip to see a new stadium and have zero expectations.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Fair do's it genuinely wasn't a dig, just wondered if because you seemed to have gone to more pre-pandemic than post there was more than just lockdown as the reason. I know we tease you a lot about attendance but it is a hell of commitment to go to loads of games living so far away. 

45 minutes ago, canarycat said:

We are 5/1 which says it all and after some of our performances i dont blame those who decide to keep there hard earned money. Im seeing it as a day out with my dad and a trip to see a new stadium and have zero expectations.

If it wasn't for Covid I'd have been there like a shot, more to enjoy the craic and tick off a new ground than the football which even in good times forms only part of the day. I live with someone who's vulnerable and I'm just not prepared to take the risk of bringing something back from a rammed Tube or heaving pub.

Had my third injection today so once we're both boostered up I'll be happier doing more away games again especially if we're not the total c*ap we've been so far this season.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

blah blah blah insult insult insult blah blah blah

WUM.

Has admitted he posts for reactions.

Probably touches himself after every reply.

Don't feed his stroking; he'll go blind at the rate this season is going.

OTBC

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Imo it's simple. For genuine supporters, stop mithering about the past and look to the next match.   

Lakey it’s a few posters. Not the thousands that follow the team to the matches , or sit by the radio / tv willing the side on. I was at Chelsea and the comments made about the fans were scandalous . On the concourses before the game the noise was intense as it was during the match. It dwindled at bit when we got to 4 nil but what do you expect ?

The fans were great against Leeds . But it was dire . We didn’t compete . Still the fans were there supporting the team . Me and my family included 

I just have no idea why you insist on telling fans who are supporting the team , to support the team! 

Ive got Spurs tickets . I’ll be there . I’ll be at all of the home games too. And I’ll be screaming the team on . 

But I’m unhappy with things - and if you can’t understand that’s up to you 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Lakey it’s a few posters. Not the thousands that follow the team to the matches , or sit by the radio / tv willing the side on. I was at Chelsea and the comments made about the fans were scandalous . On the concourses before the game the noise was intense as it was during the match. It dwindled at bit when we got to 4 nil but what do you expect ?

The fans were great against Leeds . But it was dire . We didn’t compete . Still the fans were there supporting the team . Me and my family included 

I just have no idea why you insist on telling fans who are supporting the team , to support the team!

My posts aren't ever against all fans or all posters. It's only ever against the few that milk it when we are having difficulties....those that seem almost to enjoy our predicament....and the obvious trolls who jump on the bandwagon.  Imo they need facing up to and put on the spot.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

My posts aren't ever against all fans or all posters. It's only ever against the few that milk it when we are having difficulties....those that seem almost to enjoy our predicament....and the obvious trolls who jump on the bandwagon.  Imo they need facing up to and put on the spot.

Ignore them. They are a waste of time .

Numbers of People voicing concerns , or not enjoying being bottom of the table are ever growing in the real world of football. You have to accept that too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Sometimes Lakey it’s purely and simply humour. You may not get it or appreciate it but everyone copes in different ways in the face of adversity.