Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

That's right, get it out of your system. We have a game coming up and we want everyone up for it. If you can't get "up" for it, just forget it, keep your miserableist thoughts to yourself so the rest of us can look forwards to it. Save your angst until after the game and if it goes pear shaped, fill your boots then. Some of us enjoy the challenge of it all, even if you don't.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

New ground for myself and probably 99% of the away support tomorrow so am looking forward to what now really feels a pivotal game if there is to be any chance of us turning the season into a success. It has been done before by others so I remain hopeful if not entirely confident, but just as the lads got last weekend when there were fears of them walking out into a spicy Carrow Rd atmosphere, rest assured they will get maximum support I’m sure from the travelling faithful from the off, so have no fears. We go there to win OTBC.

21 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Looking forward to it but more for meeting up with mates for a good old pre and post match bevy..

Think it’s been confirmed this will be the first game this season that Brentford are serving beers etc in the away end, so you will be happy 😉

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHNNNNker

only joking. I love your optimism. 

fingers crossed for a point against the mighty Brentford. We can do it… we can get a 0-0. We can we can. Or we can’t. Who knows. At least we won’t be playing them next year. Phew.

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Haha 3

Well if that thread title is not attention seeking i don't know what is.  26 letters long but only managed to use 3 from the entire alphabet..

46 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well if that thread title is not attention seeking i don't know what is.  26 letters long but only managed to use 3 from the entire alphabet..

Thought this post was about me

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That's right, get it out of your system. We have a game coming up and we want everyone up for it. If you can't get "up" for it, just forget it, keep your miserableist thoughts to yourself so the rest of us can look forwards to it. Save your angst until after the game and if it goes pear shaped, fill your boots then. Some of us enjoy the challenge of it all, even if you don't.

Please stop talking for other people. You are talking for yourself only. You do not and cannot speak for others. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Please stop talking for other people. You are talking for yourself only. You do not and cannot speak for others. 

"Some of us" is not the same as saying "the terraces are saying" as if everyone is saying what you think! 

What the fück is the matter with you ?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

"Some of us" is not the same as saying "the terraces are saying" as if everyone is saying what you think! 

Please stop

30 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

He was elected the king of the happy clappers in a recent poll, so he can talk for them.

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What the fück is the matter with you ?

I cannot understand supporters who fail to rally support around their club when things get a bit tough. I know this forum isn't represntative of the fan base as a whole - but there are plenty on here who just live for being able to run the club down at the slightest opportunity - and cannot see beyond the end of their noses.

We are one day before a match and you only have to looks at some thread titles, or look at posts all over the board where people are STILL trying to divide us, rub our noses in it, or predict the worst.  Some just can't stop doing it and produce thread after thread or post after post of negative, heads stuck in the past claptrap to try and justify their sad outlooks. Some may be supporters - some won't be and are just enjoying the situation, but I can't look on here and not comment on it.

Imo it's simple. For genuine supporters, stop mithering about the past and look to the next match.   The Yellow Belly/Teemu van Basten types are just all over the board trying to rub our noses in it and deflect from that , but there is a match. Tomorrow. That is the focus and no, we don't need to lose it, we don't want to lose it and we don't need supporters who relish our predicament because it enables them to run the club down in ever new ways they can think of.

That is what is the matter with me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I cannot understand supporters who fail to rally support around their club when things get a bit tough. I know this forum isn't represntative of the fan base as a whole - but there are plenty on here who just live for being able to run the club down at the slightest opportunity - and cannot see beyond the end of their noses.

We are one day before a match and you only have to looks at some thread titles, or look at posts all over the board where people are STILL trying to divide us, rub our noses in it, or predict the worst.  Some just can't stop doing it and produce thread after thread or post after post of negative, heads stuck in the past claptrap to try and justify their sad outlooks. Some may be supporters - some won't be and are just enjoying the situation, but I can't look on here and not comment on it.

Imo it's simple. For genuine supporters, stop mithering about the past and look to the next match.   The Yellow Belly/Teemu van Basten types are just all over the board trying to rub our noses in it and deflect from that , but there is a match. Tomorrow. That is the focus and no, we don't need to lose it, we don't want to lose it and we don't need supporters who relish our predicament because it enables them to run the club down in ever new ways they can think of.

Some of those people aren’t shy parting with hundreds and thousands of pounds following the club home and away. They can vent their frustrations with this season however they wish. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Some of those people aren’t shy parting with hundreds and thousands of pounds following the club home and away. They can vent their frustrations with this season however they wish. 

Thank you 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Oh do sh&t up. Before the lockdown I was regularly spending £1000 plus each season travelling to away matches and some home matches. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yet despite all of the forum chatter and discussion, the fans still got right behind the team on Saturday all the way until the end of the game, so what actually is the issue? Are fans not alright to feel generally downbeat behind the scenes and away from the football pitch? There is plenty of good reason for fans to feel pretty miserable at the minute if you hadn't noticed.

IMO nothing more could be asked from the support at the minute, yet you continually demand it, and fire shots at people who make the effort to dedicate their weekends and thousands of pounds a season to attending games (unlike you).

And I don't care that you don't attend games by the way, you're still more than welcome to your opinions on here, but you can't keep telling everyone else how they should think, feel and act when it comes to supporting their team - something that becomes all the more insulting given you only actually bother with a handful of games a season. You deserve all that you get.

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The Yellow Belly/Teemu van Basten types are just all over the board trying to rub our noses in it and deflect from that

Your problem Lake District Canary is that you were one of those kids who still got a medal for finishing last at sports day, my genuine fear is that in ten years time there will be an entire generation of new adults just like you. 

We don't get a medal or a big pat on the back for 'taking part' in the Premier League this season and beating Derby's record. It won't be the "taking part which counts" when the whole country is pointing at us and laughing, and reminding us of this record 15 years down the line. 

Your parents let you win at Scrabble far longer than they should have done, let that be a warning to other parents. The real world is cruel, there are winners and losers, right now we've got a massive red L pointing right at us, and its embarrassing.

We are the Audley Harrison of Premier League sides, no heart, no fight, no coherent game plan, and not a great deal of talent on display, talking a load of nonsense in the post fight press conference and losing a match before a single punch is thrown. I'd rather we were a Derek Chisora, often the underdog but scared of nobody, always fighting to the bell and occasionally finding a knockout punch. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh do sh&t up. Before the lockdown I was regularly spending £1000 plus each season travelling to away matches and some home matches. 

Really? I doubt that, it’s easy to check match threads. You always announce when your going and remind people after you attended. So how many matches did you attend prior to lockdown in the Premier league and 18/19 Championship season. 2/3 at best for a guess. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

When we lose tomorrow will you shut up or bring this up before every game that is left of this pitiful season in which it is likely Norwich City will prove to be the worst team to have graced the PL.  I see the optimists are proposing the best we can expect will be 0-0.  They feel it is unlikely we are likely we will score, I am in full agreement with that opinion.  12 points looks a stretch and so does 21 goals.

Farke needs to go now.  

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Really? I doubt that, it’s easy to check match threads. You always announce when your going and remind people after you attended. So how many matches did you attend prior to lockdown in the Premier league and 18/19 Championship season. 2/3 at best for a guess. 

Generally, it was about 6 home matches (most at the beginning of a season) around 6 away matches during the season. So average 12 matches, home matches travel costs £80, tickets £30-40 each, not to mention food etc. Away matches less if they are nearer me, but still average £60 includinbg ticket. Even without extras that is £1000 right there.

18/19 Of the ones I remember  - Birmingham away, Stevenage home, West Brom home, Sheff Utd away, Preston home, Blackburn away, Bolton away, Bristol City home, Middsbro away.

I must be useless with money, as it costs us £200 a game.

But you gotta grab some food and a drink either side, otherwise what's the point?  Always makes me laugh to see so many people rushing home, Sometimes wonder what it is that everyone's in such a hurry to get to, Traffic Jam fetishes perhaps?

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Generally, it was about 6 home matches (most at the beginning of a season) around 6 away matches during the season. So average 12 matches, home matches travel costs £80, tickets £30-40 each, not to mention food etc. Away matches less if they are nearer me, but still average £60 includinbg ticket. Even without extras that is £1000 right there.

18/19 Of the ones I remember  - Birmingham away, Stevenage home, West Brom home, Sheff Utd away, Preston home, Blackburn away, Bolton away, Bristol City home, Middsbro away.

That’s impressive from where you travel, apology offered. 

• Like 2