Sign in to follow this  
non-scoring strikers

Eddie Howe in at Toon

Amazing what a large wedge of oil dollar can persuade a man to do, huh. 

Also, this guy spent £40mil on Solanke and Ibe and he gave us £8mil for Grabban 😂😂 

I wonder what he'd give us for Idah... 

6 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Amazing what a large wedge of oil dollar can persuade a man to do, huh. 

Also, this guy spent £40mil on Solanke and Ibe and he gave us £8mil for Grabban 😂😂 

I wonder what he'd give us for Idah... 

Jealous boys and girls ain’t we? 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Jealous boys and girls ain’t we? 

Emery would'nt commit to the job as the contract included a clause that he would be sacked if they were relegated. Presumably the same clause exists. Howe will be gone by March,but will be considerably wealthier!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Emery would'nt commit to the job as the contract included a clause that he would be sacked if they were relegated. Presumably the same clause exists. Howe will be gone by March,but will be considerably wealthier!!

They will survive and be winning big prizes very soon. 

7 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Fixed it for you, mr jealous. 

Just like us in the Championship compared to your Blackpool’s, Wycombe’s and Rotherham’s. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Some people on here are completely beyond hope.

Manager takes Bournemouth - that's Bournemouth!! - from administration, a 17-point deduction and 10 points adrift at the bottom of League 2 to the Premier League.

Then he keeps Bournemouth - that's Bournemouth!!!! - there for 4 straight years, before finally going down in a season which Covid wrecked for everyone.

But no no, he's a joke! Can't handle anything north of Watford, don't you know? Newcastle will get relegated with him HEUGH HEUGH HEUGH let's all laugh at them HEUGH HEUGH HEUGH must be so **** to be them HEUGH HEUGH HEUGH

He'll do fine there. He's a tremendous manager. Meanwhile, we have 2 points from 20 PL games, and cannot stay in this division for love nor money.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, thebigfeller said:

Meanwhile, we have 2 points from 20 PL games, and cannot stay in this division for love nor money.

Yeah, but if we’re being fair, ten of those were in a season that Covid wrecked for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Yeah, but if we’re being fair, ten of those were in a season that Covid wrecked for everyone. 

The other teams that were in the mire  but survived might disagree. Sometimes Norwich fans must hold their hands and admit we were ****. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The other teams that were in the mire  but survived might disagree. Sometimes Norwich fans must hold their hands and admit we were ****. 

Where did I say that we weren’t?

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You threw the excuse element in though indirectly. 

Well, no, I didn’t. What I was referring to was that thebigfeller excused Howe’s relegation at Bournemouth for coming in a season that “Covid ruined for everyone” and then later in the same post used games from the same season to emphasise how poor he thinks we are.

That we’ve been poor isn’t in question, but I think it’s unfair to use the Covid season to kick your own team while utilising it as an excuse for the poor performance of another team. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just like us in the Championship compared to your Blackpool’s, Wycombe’s and Rotherham’s. 

No apostrophes needed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Imagine if we somehow cobble together ten wins only to be told they count for two seasons ago as otherwise we will have played 48 games...

12 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Well, no, I didn’t. What I was referring to was that thebigfeller excused Howe’s relegation at Bournemouth for coming in a season that “Covid ruined for everyone” and then later in the same post used games from the same season to emphasise how poor he thinks we are.

That we’ve been poor isn’t in question, but I think it’s unfair to use the Covid season to kick your own team while utilising it as an excuse for the poor performance of another team. 

Just check the stats out for us 19/20 and so far this season. They ain’t pretty and excuses are exhausted. 

Just check the stats out for us 19/20 and so far this season. They ain’t pretty and excuses are exhausted. 

Completely irrelevant to what I posted, but yes, finishing bottom of the league and then being bottom of the league (after winning a different league) would indicate that things aren’t going to plan. Well done for noticing. 

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Completely irrelevant to what I posted, but yes, finishing bottom of the league and then being bottom of the league (after winning a different league) would indicate that things aren’t going to plan. Well done for noticing. 

No flies on you Duncan, have a great weekend and don’t waste too many hours of your life on here. 

No flies on you Duncan, have a great weekend and don’t waste too many hours of your life on here. 

You sodding off til Monday?

Result. 😁

• Haha 1

Eddie Howe is a decent manager but I have to say that this is a major risk to his top flight future. If he doesn't keep Newcastle in the Premier League then his stock will he severely damaged as he will he sacked. 

I think he would have been a great manager here and would have been given another chance next season in the Championship. 

I would certainly rather have had him than Frank Lampard.

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

It will be interesting to see where they are when the transfer window opens and they can start splashing the cash..........

It will definitely be interesting to see the calibre of player that they can attract. Will the elite players reject (now) established big hitters like Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and even United to gamble on the Geordi Arabian project? Will the financial incentive be enough to take players like Foden or Salah or even someone like Kane to the North East?

If Sterling still isn’t starting regularly for City in January, that might be a solid option to show their intent and their ability to take too players away from their, at this stage at least, financial competitors even if they’re not yet competitive on the pitch.

I’m not sure at this point, but maybe I underestimate the appeal of all those 0s on a pay cheque when measured against playing Champions League football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebigfeller said:

Manager takes Bournemouth - that's Bournemouth!! - from administration, a 17-point deduction and 10 points adrift at the bottom of League 2 to the Premier League.

Then he keeps Bournemouth - that's Bournemouth!!!! - there for 4 straight years, before finally going down in a season which Covid wrecked for everyone.

But no no, he's a joke! Can't handle anything north of Watford, don't you know? Newcastle will get relegated with him HEUGH HEUGH HEUGH let's all laugh at them HEUGH HEUGH HEUGH must be so **** to be them HEUGH HEUGH HEUGH

He'll do fine there. He's a tremendous manager. Meanwhile, we have 2 points from 20 PL games, and cannot stay in this division for love nor money.

Bournemouth broke FFP to get promoted to the premier league. Ergo, they cheated.

So far, his success has been built upon paying over the odds for players, many of whom were not successes. They largely stayed up with players like Wilson who they signed on the way, and Cook at the back etc.

I'm not saying he's rubbish, but you also can't say it was him who singlehandedly took that club up to the Premier League. In many senses Farke did very similar and on a much more limited budget. Also, where we focus on the academy and bringing players through, does Howe really have that much of a track record with that sort of thing?

Now, he may well be brilliant. He might well be a huge success at Newcastle. I still feel he is a gamble for them as he has never managed a club with such expectations and of that size. He'll be expected to work the academy products into the side at some point I should imagine too. A big, big step up for him, and it'll be a real test.

I don't think he's as nailed on for success as some folks here and elsewhere are trumpeting him to be because they wanted him here. He wasn't ever going to come here either. He's been linked with much higher profile clubs and turned down Celtic in the summer. Previously linked with the likes of Arsenal and possibly being the successor to Southgate for England.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thebigfeller said:

You do realise they had stinking rich Russian owners and broke FFP rules, right? 

Also, just look at some of the dross he overspent that stinking Russian wonga on. 

No thank you! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They will survive and be winning big prizes very soon. 

I’m not so sure. Most of the world class players are at clubs that regularly qualify for Europe and are earning high wages there. I think first they need to at least make a top half finish, preferably nearly qualify for Europe before they can attract many top players to the club. If they are still looking like they are going to be involved in a relegation battle in January I also doubt they will be able to attract many stronger players. 

In other words I think they need to:

1) Reach about 12th/be at least about 15+ pts clear of the drop zone by January before they can attract many players from the regular non-relegation battle clubs

2) Finish at least about 9th (or reach that by January) before they can attract many players from the regular Europe qualifying clubs. I also think that they barely stand a chance of signing any first team players from clubs that are still involved in one of the Europe competitions in January