Jump to content
TeemuVanBasten

Watch this Leeds fan perspective...

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Badger said:

To be honest, the biggest defeatist attitude that I have seen is on this message board.ūü§Ē

Yes. I am resigned to relegation. I am a realist not some happy clapper, ¬†deluded , fairytale ending believer. 2 points from 10 games. 3 goals from 10 games. The stats do not lie. Thrashed by Chelsea because the Norwich team just¬†gave up. Beaten at home by an awful Leeds team who did not even need to get out of first gear. Please tell me where any kind of optimism would be justified? I dearly would love to see Farke coach this squad into a winning unit. Have you seen any evidence that this is happening? Can you see us being¬†competitive at this level? ¬†I cannot and in the meantime while you are waiting for the set up to suddenly ‚Äúclick‚ÄĚ into some kind of winning formula this Club has been stripped of any pride and turned into a world wide joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't hear most fans on Sunday demanding that Farke should go. There are a few on this board and the MFW writers and commenters seem to have all gone against him. One guy even claimed it was the worst he'd felt as a Norwich supporter in 70 years!! Clearly he wasn't at the Colchester home game. These are the people with the audience, and yet most of the regular supporters are not baying for change yet.

Maybe that will indeed start to ramp up if the bad performances continue, but the OP is delusional if he thinks the majority want Farke sacked. They don't. They want him to win a game.

But seriously, if he does go - who is going to come in? Seriously, who do you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Absolutely, but worth noting that there are very few of you left. 

Few of who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand all the doom and gloom….

The blow of relegation will be much softened next season with the return of the irrepressible Jordan Hugill.

He may be yet another non-goal scoring forward to cross Norwich City’s bows in recent times, but at least the dressing room will be a happier place…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

How much did Barcelona pay for Sergio Aguero exactly?

Just took a fun little trip back to the forum in July 2018 when Pukki signed. The comments back then show the revisionism going on here in the desperation to discredit Farke in sharp relief. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Just took a fun little trip back to the forum in July 2018 when Pukki signed. The comments back then show the revisionism going on here in the desperation to discredit Farke in sharp relief. 
 

Bet you can't use that thread to pinpoint a single individual that has contradicted themselves. 

That's a fair assumption I feel, after you completely guessed at my Todd Cantwell stance and I showed without any doubt that my stance was the complete opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bet you can't use that thread to pinpoint a single individual that has contradicted themselves. 

That's a fair assumption I feel, after you completely guessed at my Todd Cantwell stance and I showed without any doubt that my stance was the complete opposite.

What I can point to is the complete absence of anyone saying 'My God! He's an invicible, unstoppable finished product that can't possibly fail and there's absolutely no way the manager will ever get any more out of him that the absolute God of football he already is.' as now appears to be the received wisdom in the Farke out brigade. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

What I can point to is the complete absence of anyone saying 'My God! He's an invicible, unstoppable finished product that can't possibly fail and there's absolutely no way the manager will ever get any more out of him that the absolute God of football he already is.'

Buying other teams cast offs, free agents, or players from the lower leagues is the way we've done things for 50 years. 

Whether that is Wes Hoolahan, Grant Holt, Mark Robins, Mark Bowen, Ian Culverhouse Efan Ekoku, Steve Bruce, 

We never go out there with a big transfer fee to land the finished product, only time we did try and do this under Hughton we just kept getting rejected.

If Pukki did better than could expected for the budget expended (low wages and signing on fee) then that's brilliant, but it effectively describes about 80% of Norwich club legends, whether that is Grant Holt from League Two, Steve Bruce from Cambridge, Adam Drury from League One Peterborough.

If you are going to hold up the transfer successes of this regime you also need to balance them out with the transfer failures, and admittedly this regime have had few which cost substantial money.... the substantial outlay this summer looks like its going to change that, we can suck it up when £2.5m is wasted on Franke, but when the fees reach £9m then the regime is inviting scrutiny after being so vocal about this clubs business in McNally's last year which saw RVW, Naismith and Klose all arrive for similar fees.

You appear to be calling out a lack of balance, whilst offering no balance whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Buying other teams cast offs, free agents, or players from the lower leagues is the way we've done things for 50 years. 

Whether that is Wes Hoolahan, Grant Holt, Mark Robins, Mark Bowen, Ian Culverhouse Efan Ekoku, Steve Bruce, 

We never go out there with a big transfer fee to land the finished product, only time we did try and do this under Hughton we just kept getting rejected.

If Pukki did better than could expected for the budget expended (low wages and signing on fee) then that's brilliant, but it effectively describes about 80% of Norwich club legends, whether that is Grant Holt from League Two, Steve Bruce from Cambridge, Adam Drury from League One Peterborough.

If you are going to hold up the transfer successes of this regime you also need to balance them out with the transfer failures, and admittedly this regime have had few which cost substantial money.... the substantial outlay this summer looks like its going to change that, we can suck it up when £2.5m is wasted on Franke, but when the fees reach £9m then the regime is inviting scrutiny after being so vocal about this clubs business in McNally's last year which saw RVW, Naismith and Klose all arrive for similar fees.

You appear to be calling out a lack of balance, whilst offering no balance whatsoever. 

I haven't held up transfer successes anywhere; I've argued Farke's success in improving players in his care that has massively augmented their performance and value. This most recent crop brought in over the summer probably have greater potential than ever, but they are not finished products and they are having to develop on the job. 

My advice to those who've got the bit between the teeth regarding sacking DF is to accept that the odds are in favour of us going down whatever happens, so their energy can be better spent elsewhere than creating a toxic and fruitless 'sack the manager' campaign that will only make success less likely with the toxic and destructive atmosphere it will create. 

Really wish they'd restrict management transfers to the Summer so we could be done with this nonsense. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Really wish they'd restrict management transfers to the Summer so we could be done with this nonsense. 

Well you've got a short memory then, we wouldn't be where we are in the footballing hierarchy if we weren't allowed to sack Gunn after the season had started and steal the manager of a competitor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

My advice to those who've got the bit between the teeth regarding sacking DF is to accept that the odds are in favour of us going down whatever happens

Exactly, so why abandon Farkeball, leave £18m worth of wingers on the bench for the 0-0s.

Farke has lost the plot.

The way we went down last time whilst actually attempting to get the ball down and play at least earned us a degree of respect, even if it was accompanied with accusations of naivety. 

We've panicked after losing to Watford and completely abandoned our principles. He's bottled it and has his team playing with fear.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Exactly, so why abandon Farkeball, leave £18m worth of wingers on the bench for the 0-0s.

Farke has lost the plot.

The way we went down last time whilst actually attempting to get the ball down and play at least earned us a degree of respect, even if it was accompanied with accusations of naivety. 

We've panicked after losing to Watford and completely abandoned our principles. 

You can't play possession-based short pass football from the back in the Premier League with players who haven't been together for very long and hardly any of whom have played at this level before. The irony is that the tactics and strategy on display at the moment are exactly those normally employed by the Tony Pulises and Allardyces of the world who are the usual go to names for desperate bids for Premier League survival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well you've got a short memory then, we wouldn't be where we are in the footballing hierarchy if we weren't allowed to sack Gunn after the season had started and steal the manager of a competitor. 

I wouldn't say 12 years was exactly yesterday. Giving Gunn the job was a pretty leftfield decision that maybe would never have happened if people had to be more careful about the decisions in the first place. It was also the result of a fan campaign to appoint him as manager. 

Perhaps that's just another indication that maybe fans who latch on to these things so fervently should leave personnel decisions to people who have more insight. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I wouldn't say 12 years was exactly yesterday. Giving Gunn the job was a pretty leftfield decision that maybe would never have happened if people had to be more careful about the decisions in the first place. It was also the result of a fan campaign to appoint him as manager. 

Perhaps that's just another indication that maybe fans should leave personnel decisions to people who have more insight. 

According to Stuart Webber Farke was sent into a gunfight with no guns last time in this league.

But this time Farke has the guns, the bullets and a few bazookas.....

... so if you have us as good as relegated already, then what is it? Webber has failed to give him the bullets as he claims, or Farke doesn't know how to load the gun? 

People like you are trying to have it both ways with everything. 

The same people have been consistently defending Todd Cantwell this season whilst simultaneously doing the same with Farke, looks like they've created themselves a bit of a paradox there too.

So what is it, has Webber failed to deliver the bullets, or does Farke not know how to load the gun? You tell me. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I wouldn't say 12 years was exactly yesterday. Giving Gunn the job was a pretty leftfield decision that maybe would never have happened if people had to be more careful about the decisions in the first place. It was also the result of a fan campaign to appoint him as manager. 

Perhaps that's just another indication that maybe fans should leave personnel decisions to people who have more insight. 

I can't remember Gunn being recruited on the basis of the fans. Did such a thing happen? I thought is was a poor sentimental choice that had nothing to do with logic. Gunn is Mr. Corporate & Cheeseboard and makes Trevor Brooking act like Charlie Sheen. Great player, but not remotely appropriate for a manager. Clearly McNally thought so too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Steve Bruce came from Gillingham

Indeed he did, and what a signing Duncs - averaged a goal a game every 10 games from CB, not a bad return! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2021 at 21:43, kenfoggo said:

Yes. I am resigned to relegation. I am a realist not some happy clapper, ¬†deluded , fairytale ending believer. 2 points from 10 games. 3 goals from 10 games. The stats do not lie. Thrashed by Chelsea because the Norwich team just¬†gave up. Beaten at home by an awful Leeds team who did not even need to get out of first gear. Please tell me where any kind of optimism would be justified? I dearly would love to see Farke coach this squad into a winning unit. Have you seen any evidence that this is happening? Can you see us being¬†competitive at this level? ¬†I cannot and in the meantime while you are waiting for the set up to suddenly ‚Äúclick‚ÄĚ into some kind of winning formula this Club has been stripped of any pride and turned into a world wide joke.

I agree that it is hard be optimistic but being 8 points from safety with 28 games to go, I feel that it is too early to write the season off, whilst realistically acknowledging that it will be astonishing if we were to stay up. 

However, the defeatism to which I refer is not something that I think you are guilty of. If you listen to some posters here, not only will be be relegated with a record low, we will struggle next year, and will face league one in the future when the parachute payments run out. They further assert that we will never be able to sustain ourselves in the premier league without rich donor owners - which we won't get!

They suggest that not only are we doomed this year but for ever more - you can't get more defeatist than that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...