TeemuVanBasten

Watch this Leeds fan perspective...

I'm sorry I don't get this.  So we're bothered what other fans think? Do we care? People misquoting and taking Farke's comments out of context is good?

Personally couldn't give a flying f*rt what any Leeds supporter says. We were not far off them on Sunday and if Kabak hadn't lost his head and gone charging forwards from the wrong position to do that, we might have got something or gone on to win. Leeds were pretty poor too.

Don't understand the op either, seems to be approaching our predicament like a bull in a china shop. Too heavy man! Lighten up on it a bit!  We are all concerned and want the best for the club, but right now we need the team to do well on Saturday and go from there. No amount of this kind of stuff is going to make any difference to anything and certainly not from anything Leeds fans might have to say.

We know Webber , Farke and the stowmarket 2 are making a laughing stock of the club

this really can’t go on any longer

Delia out 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Teemu Pukki had scored 17 goals in 43 games in European competition before signing for us, and that's both Champions League and Europa League, the idea that he was a nobody before coming here is somewhat ludicrious... he'd just lifted the Danish Cup when signing for us and was already Finland's man main. 

I don't think he was expected to score quite as many goals as he did, but he was very reluctant to join a Championship club and took some convincing.

Really? How much did we pay for Pukki exactly?

4 minutes in and instead of a respectful analysis, it just comes across as very smug and patronising, which is probably why the OP is practically pulling himself off over it.

In short, those 3 boys really shouldn’t be crowing because their team aren’t exactly top performers themselves by any stretch of the imagination. 

I thought the podcast was quite funny. Farke notoriously talks a lot of crap in his post match 'interviews', so is there to be shot at. 

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm sorry I don't get this. 

That's the point Lakey.

A small proportion of our fans refuse to accept reality, or for whatever reason just can't see it, you are one of those.

And that's quite remarkable, when these Leeds fans can clearly see what the rest of us can.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

4 minutes in and instead of a respectful analysis, it just comes across as very smug and patronising, which is probably why the OP is practically pulling himself off over it.

In short, those 3 boys really shouldn’t be crowing because their team aren’t exactly top performers themselves by any stretch of the imagination. 

They might be smug pr*cks, but I notice you can't bring yourself to argue that they are wrong.

Because they aren't wrong. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's the point Lakey.

A small proportion of our fans refuse to accept reality, or for whatever reason just can't see it, you are one of those.

And that's quite remarkable, when these Leeds fans can clearly see what the rest of us can.

With respect, people like you refuse to accept the reality that Farke doesn't have a ready-made proven Premier League squad at his disposal. If we're struggling then it's other factors and NOT his ability as a manager that's the problem.

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Really? How much did we pay for Pukki exactly?

He rejected a Brondby contract so was a free agent.

How much did PSG pay for Messi? 

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

With respect, people like you refuse to accept the reality that Farke doesn't have a ready-made proven Premier League squad at his disposal. If we're struggling then it's other factors and NOT his ability as a manager that's the problem.

We went into this season with 2 players for every position in the system that be brought us up playing, used in pre-season, and then used for the first 5 games of this season, and then he's panicked and given up on plan A just after our largest ever net transfer spend.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

He rejected a Brondby contract so was a free agent.

How much did PSG pay for Messi? 

All that says is they didn't offer him what he was hoping for? If they were that bothered they would have. 

Not intending to disrespect Pukki at all, who is excellent, but the excitement on his arrival was conspicuous by its absence. 

That's the point Lakey.

Like I said, who gives a sh*t what Leeds fans say?  They don't know the ins and outs of it. Their p*ss take of Farke is off the mark too. Think you need to stop trying to find ways of justifying your views...you don't need to, there's nothing wrong in believing what you believe, any more than there is anything wrong with the views of those of us that want Farke to be given more time. We're not going to change each others minds now, are we?  Chillax, Farke is here for at least this weekend, so lets see how that goes, shall we?

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If we're struggling then it's other factors and NOT his ability as a manager that's the problem

He's not a manager, he's a coach.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We went into this season with 2 players for every position in the system that be brought us up playing, used in pre-season, and then used for the first 5 games of this season, and then he's panicked and given up on plan A just after our largest ever net transfer spend.

Used in a very short pre-season. Yet again, very few in the squad had Premier League experience and many had just arrived at the club, then straight into competition against four of the Premier League elite. 

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

All that says is they didn't offer him what he was hoping for? If they were that bothered they would have. 

Not intending to disrespect Pukki at all, who is excellent, but the excitement on his arrival was conspicuous by its absence. 

Pukki claims that he turned down several higher paid offers on the continent to join us, and I'm not going to call a club legend a liar... are you?

58 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But with relegation we need continued improvement and at championship level Farke / Webber can’t be beaten.

Newcastle may have something to say about that. 

CORRECTION.

INDY said the above quote. This is a quote of a quote by mistake and it won't let me correct it. 

Edited by The Raptor

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

She’s always been a true Norwich fan and was never drunk when she rallied the fans. 

I'm not so sure on the former. However I know people who were with her that night and she'd been on the sauce since 6 p.m.

She should have apologised for slagging off the fans, but didn't. 

Interesting to hear their comments on Sargent. Similar to what a number have said on this board, and presumably based on his single performance against them and maybe some moments on MOTD (probably the Brighton miss sticks in the mind)

Just now, lake district canary said:

Like I said, who gives a sh*t what Leeds fans say?

I agree, however, in this instance they've had a relatively small sample of us this season yet nailed it in regards to pointing out our issues and complete lack of acknowledgement of them.   That's the point being made here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pukki claims that he turned down several higher paid offers on the continent to join us, and I'm not going to call a club legend a liar... are you?

Why not? You'll happily accuse Farke of keeping Cantwell out for the sake of pettiness .. Why should Farke be the only malevolent character in the story? 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Used in a very short pre-season. Yet again, very few in the squad had Premier League experience and many had just arrived at the club, then straight into competition against four of the Premier League elite. 

Just know that you are now in a very small minority in believing that we should keep Farke, you are welcome to an opinion which isn't the same as mine, I'm not sure what the point in going round in circles is? 

I'm not sure why you feel the need to pretend that Teemu Pukki was a complete unknown though... if anything he never fulfilled the potential that the football world considered him to have when he made his Finland debut at 19 and was signed by Seville.

34 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Always fascinates me the mentality of people who get the bit between the teeth campaigning for managerial chang

Neither Pukki nor Buendia were anything to get excited about until Farke got his hands on them. He's outstanding when it comes to improving players. That's why so many fans are confident he can deliver promotion again. 

image.jpeg.6aa99768e1dde9bb28999ccb49db0636.jpeg"I'm the manager and so is my mate"......

3 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I think Newcastle may have something to say about that. 

Why are you attributing that quote to me, very weird, that is somebody elses quote but you've stuck my name in it? 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

there's nothing wrong in believing what you believe, any more than there is anything wrong with the views of those of us that want Farke to be given more time.

Absolutely, but worth noting that there are very few of you left. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just know that you are now in a very small minority in believing that we should keep Farke, you are welcome to an opinion which isn't the same as mine, I'm not sure what the point in going round in circles is? 

I'm not sure why you feel the need to pretend that Teemu Pukki was a complete unknown though... if anything he never fulfilled the potential that the football world considered him to have when he made his Finland debut at 19 and was signed by Seville.

Where's your evidence that I'm in a small minority? The crowd at the last game showed little sign of the incandescence you're suggesting. 

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Why not? You'll happily accuse Farke of keeping Cantwell out for the sake of pettiness .. Why should Farke be the only malevolent character in the story? 

So you have literally resorted to making things up? 

I've never said anything of the sort about the Cantwell situation, in fact I took the polar opposite view in a post which I took a lot of stick for:

On 22/10/2021 at 17:09, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'll back Farke over this little princess any day of the week. The truth is that Cantwell needs to grow up, acts like a teenager and he's almost 24. 

The point at which you had to resort to making things up is the point at which our conversation ran its course. 

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They might be smug pr*cks, but I notice you can't bring yourself to argue that they are wrong.

Because they aren't wrong. 

No big secret so didn’t feel the need to bask in the glory of agreeing that we’re not having a good time of things at the moment - I think we all, erm, recognise this! They said nothing groundbreaking or original in the few short minutes I watched, and I would hazard a guess nothing changed in the remainder. As I say, they are not in a position to gloat by any stretch of the imagination.

I totally appreciate supporters different viewpoints on here, but the way you go on in particular comes as across as bordering on hatred for all things NCFC.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why are you attributing that quote to me, very weird, that is somebody elses quote but you've stuck my name in it? 

Apologies. You'd quoted it and because I quoted you it said it was you. I'll go back to the source and correct it.

• Like 1

So you have literally resorted to making things up? 

I've never said anything of the sort about the Cantwell situation, in fact I took the polar opposite view in a post which I took a lot of stick for:

The point at which you had to resort to making things up is the point at which our conversation ran its course. 

If you didn't say that then I'm mistaken, but let's be clear that you're literally making things up when you say you know people who still support Farke are in the minority.

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Like I said, who gives a sh*t what Leeds fans say?  They don't know the ins and outs of it. Their p*ss take of Farke is off the mark too. Think you need to stop trying to find ways of justifying your views...you don't need to, there's nothing wrong in believing what you believe, any more than there is anything wrong with the views of those of us that want Farke to be given more time. We're not going to change each others minds now, are we?  Chillax, Farke is here for at least this weekend, so lets see how that goes, shall we?

Well I take the pi$$ when I sit on an upturned bucket when I play Fifa manager.....and I'm doing pretty well,...

Edited by Mello Yello
norty wurd