Ulfotto

Already down?

Just done some basic calculations,

we have 2’points from ten. 28 games to play to get a points total that might keep us up nominally 37. We need 35 points from those 28 games. Now I think that is 10 wins, 3 draws and 10 losses say. Now removing games in descending order of difficulty which I expect nothing from

Man City Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal return games

The double headers against Man Utd and Spurs

away at Leicester and West Ham.

Those are 10 defeats. Meaning we practically need to win all now remaining games to have a slim chance.

Well if you get just 2 points from your opening 10 games, yeah. If you lose against bottom 3 teams at home (Watford, Leeds), yeah. If you score as many own goals as you manager actual goals, yeah. We’re already down unless someone else is brought in to instill some belief and fight into the players and get them playing in a system that aligns with their strengths, if we persist with Farke then we’re leaving a beaten man in charge. He doesn’t believe, how can he motivate his players to believe?

Posted before but this shows how desperate our plight is. Nobody has survived with 2 points after 10 games as we are the only team to ever be in that situation. On a positive note we could be the first 🤪

Screenshot_20211030-120729_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

With 28 games to play of course we're not already down but the bookies wouldn't have us at 1/10 to be relegated if it wasn't highly likely.

Strange things do happen but we'd make Lazarus look like an amateur if we do avoid going down.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

One thing that has been overlooked is sponsors connected with the club. 

Lotus for example are repositioning themselves as a Premium Brand with the wonderful Emira, so I doubt they are happy that the club is a national laughing stock. They would hold some weight as what Premium brand would want to be associated with a failing one and going further, one that does not appear to be that bothered as no changes have been made to address the situation. 

15 hours ago, komakino said:

Already down, as the club does not want to stay up. 

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

It would take a major miracle for us to survive, now upgraded from the minor miracle required at the beginning of the campaign.

Squad without confidence and probably sufficient quality, manager all at sea, Director of Whatever It Is looking for the lifeboat and owners living in La-La Land. Anything more? Oh yes! Inability to score and a leaky defence. We know where the next goal against us will come from as it will come from the Brentford attack force on Saturday. We don't know where our next goal will come from, though.

The rest of the season is now just a face-saving exercise, imo. Damage limitation and trying to get to twenty points so that we don't have yet another ignominious statistic to add to the club's Premier League list of infamy.

We might as well start planning now for next season too, and a third contraction of that piece of string on the yo-yo. I really don't see any point in even having a splash in the January window any more (after Saturday) as it is probably best to pile up the dosh for a new sweep clean in the Summer ... with or without Daniel Farke. 

I'm normally a positive Percy, btw, but enough of the same old, same old for me. Building up the hopes for a turn of fortunes each and every match-day only to inevitably feel such massive disappointment that even MotD becomes a no-no watch. It's the humiliation probably, but the  disparaging and condescending remarks never help.

Even some schoolboys on TWTD think that their team can beat us nowadays, and they can't even beat Fleetwood.

I'll watch the T20 England v South Africa on Saturday instead of my 'naughty box,' a first ever such desertion from the cause. At least my team will stand a chance of actually winning. 😀

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Football is not predictable. Strange results can happen. But I believe the situation at Norwich is so bad that relegation is inevitable. Inevitable regardless of who may replace Farke . Which leads me to the unpopular conclusion that replacing Farke may be strangely counter productive if you are looking for a Head Coach to seek promotion again from the Championship.  If you concede that we are already relegated then who better to be in charge than a man who has a proven record in the Championship?

• Like 2

Why all the negativity? There are 84 points to play for, so 84+2=86 which might not be enough to win the PL but ought to get Champions League 🤣. And I've just morphed into LDC 😁. Back to reality, we're down

I can’t recall a City side so uncompetitive in their league . Well, other than the last 10 games of the last Prem season. 

The level of optimism of that improving enough to win 10 of the remaining games is extraordinary. The level of optimism that the current set of players with the current manager can do it is beyond bonkers . 

It seems the whole of football has written us off based on what they have seen. I’m beginning to think Football might be right . 

6 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Football is not predictable. Strange results can happen. But I believe the situation at Norwich is so bad that relegation is inevitable. Inevitable regardless of who may replace Farke . Which leads me to the unpopular conclusion that replacing Farke may be strangely counter productive if you are looking for a Head Coach to seek promotion again from the Championship.  If you concede that we are already relegated then who better to be in charge than a man who has a proven record in the Championship?

To what end?

Assuming a confidence shattered Farke can galvanise a confidence shattered team to go again in the Championship and win it… we end right back at square one.

I’d like nothing more than for Farke to have shown he has what it takes to get the best out of this team at this level. But he hasn’t shown that so far, he looks miles away from what we need at this level and it doesn’t seem likely he’s going to turn that around.

Who’s genuinely up for a third tilt at the premier league with him in charge in this scenario? 

Until last Saturday I was eagerly tuning in to many of the Premier League  games involving other teams in the so-called 'mini-league' at the bottom of the table. Hoping for another Toon defeat, a Villa loss, Leeds to fold, Brentford to collapse etc.

Even this is nearly pointless now. We have no rivals, and even the joy of seeing others drop points has virtually gone. It no longer matters .... face-saving apart (and merit money, I suppose.) 

I didn't expect City to find it easy this season, and accepted before a ball was kicked that a relegation battle was always likely to be on the cards. As such, going down again wouldn't have been a massive disappointment.

The way this season is unfolding is something else. We all laughed at Sheff. United last season. Now the world of football is laughing at us ... only louder.

Edited by BroadstairsR

We are toast. How on earth are we doing to win 10 games with this squad? Very, very optimistic! I think we'll win 5 or less at the very best

20 hours ago, komakino said:

One thing that has been overlooked is sponsors connected with the club. 

Lotus for example are repositioning themselves as a Premium Brand with the wonderful Emira, so I doubt they are happy that the club is a national laughing stock. They would hold some weight as what Premium brand would want to be associated with a failing one and going further, one that does not appear to be that bothered as no changes have been made to address the situation. 

Lotus only got an opportunity because of BK8, they couldn't compete financially on a sponsoring level. Your point is stupid, sponsors know we might not survive. The exposure is the same. Getting relegated badly doesn't make people think Lotus sell bad cars. 

This is new level stupid.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

We are toast. How on earth are we doing to win 10 games with this squad? Very, very optimistic! I think we'll win 5 or less at the very best

5...blimey.. can't see I'm afraid.. another golden opportunity wasted under our illustrious owners.. this 5 year plan is a bit pants..

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Lotus only got an opportunity because of BK8, they couldn't compete financially on a sponsoring level. Your point is stupid, sponsors know we might not survive. The exposure is the same. Getting relegated badly doesn't make people think Lotus sell bad cars. 

Unnecessarily harsh.

By being cut adrift, the club will get less television coverage as the season progresses.

This includes  exposure to markets abroad. Lotus aims for these big time.

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You clearly don't know how marketing works. I don't doubt for one minute that Lotus, like us fans, knew we could go down. 

The difference here is that the Norwich City 'brand' has had very negative National exposure on all types of media given to the club's lack of effort/desire/shameful attitude call it what you will. I cannot recall anything like this in over 40 years of supporting the club. 

Lotus would not have expected that. 

On a subliminal level, a Premium brand being associated with a poor product does have an effect. I think the Lotus deal was for one year and I'd be surprised if it was extended under the current malaise. 

There are other partnerships associated with the club and don't be surprised if this crops up at the AGM. 

Edited by komakino

13 minutes ago, komakino said:

You clearly don't know how marketing works. I don't doubt for one minute that Lotus, like us fans, knew we could go down. 

Yeah, I do. And admittedly I don't know regarding the other partnerships but regarding Lotus I know exactly what they were looking to get out of the deal and they're more than happy.

20 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Unnecessarily harsh.

By being cut adrift, the club will get less television coverage as the season progresses.

This includes  exposure to markets abroad. Lotus aims for these big time.

We get a 'minimum' amount of TV coverage, and exposure abroad invariably doesn't change as for many non-European countries their TV deals give them access to ALL 3pm kick offs.

Like I say, I can speak with fact on this one that Lotus are more than happy with their deal.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We get a 'minimum' amount of TV coverage, and exposure abroad invariably doesn't change as for many non-European countries their TV deals give them access to ALL 3pm kick offs.

Like I say, I can speak with fact on this one that Lotus are more than happy with their deal.

Quite so, but what audience would we attract? Who wants to watch a team cut adrift when there are other games to pick from? I am not sure just how ESPN, for example, select their matches, but have watched many City games with them in the past. I don't anticipate so many this coming Winter, (especially with the Ashes available at a decent time.)

What Far Eastern venue would chose to screen a City match? Even those with multi screens (as many have,) would probably put the Norwich game on the screen nearest the bogs, or the one beside the pool tables.

Failure doesn't excite much interest. Abject failure, none!

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I doubt that Lotus privately thought that they were going to be associated with a national laughing stock. It was not a multi year deal (thankfully) so the damage will be limited. Longer deals usually include performances clauses. 

I would be very surprised if Lotus extends this deal.

Just throwing a thought if we are already down bar a miracle then what is the point of replacing Farke. Although terribly sad we can use as a human punch bag before replacing him at the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulfotto said:

Just throwing a thought if we are already down bar a miracle then what is the point of replacing Farke. Although terribly sad we can use as a human punch bag before replacing him at the end of the season.

I agree we should stick with him 

17 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Quite so, but what audience would we attract? Who wants to watch a team cut adrift when there are other games to pick from? I am not sure just how ESPN, for example, select their matches, but have watched many City games with them in the past. I don't anticipate so many this coming Winter, (especially with the Ashes available at a decent time.)

What Far Eastern venue would chose to screen a City match? Even those with multi screens (as many have,) would probably put the Norwich game on the screen nearest the bogs, or the one beside the pool tables.

Failure doesn't excite much interest. Abject failure, none!

If we were 17th or 20th, we don't attract neutral viewers in general. Lotus et al sponsor because they know when we play the Manchester Uniteds, the Chelseas, the Liverpools, the viewing numbers globally are insane. They knew exactly what they were buying into, and like I said, they are more than happy.

16 minutes ago, komakino said:

I doubt that Lotus privately thought that they were going to be associated with a national laughing stock. It was not a multi year deal (thankfully) so the damage will be limited. Longer deals usually include performances clauses. 

I would be very surprised if Lotus extends this deal.

I don't think we want to extend the deal, or at least we initially didn't. I guess that may change upon relegation and with Ben having left etc, but it was never designed to be a long-term sponsorship. Saying that, I really wouldn't be surprised if lotus remained on board.

I think relegation is hugely more likely than survival, but I do have a question for supporters that are fixating on this excessively: why do you expect and demand positivity from players, management and those involved in the club where you can't muster any yourself?