Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

*** OFFICIAL POLL *** WOULD YOU HAVE MIKE WALKER BACK AS MANAGER?

Remind me of a manager that came back to a club and was successful the second time, let alone the 3rd. 

Id far prefer Williams thanks

DD......Normally your posts make alot of sense but this one baffles me!

Walker inherited Stringers side therefore was succesful. His spell at Everton

and his 2nd go here proved he didnt have what it takes to be a good manager.

As much as i love the guy i just cant see it working!

Nope - yesterdays man,  supreme first time round but only OK the next.

We have to move forwards and stop living on past reputations. 

Sorry cusdp I can''t work out your post mate!  Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?  I''m not disputing what Walker did here in the ealy 90s.  But that was a long time ago and football has changed a hell of a lot since then. 

Take off the green and yellow spectacles mate and stop being so effing stupid!

Oh, and whilst  i am on the subject the same applies to you fools that are wanting Bowen, Crook or Iwan as our next manager.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!

No.Not saying he couldn''t make his way back into English league football management, but hes far to big a gamble for Norwich City at the present time.If he''d had a couple of decent seasons back at a lower league club and had proved he still had what it takes then maybe, but 10 years is too long away to be worth risking.Didn''t he and Delia fall out in a fairly major fashion anyway?

Never did know the truth of all that - anyway I''d deffo have him back for his man management skills alone.

It was not stringers team , or mike walkers team ,It was the team that david williams put together , coached , traind ,and took io ihe the top of ihe prem , dont you fans want to see those days back ? The only good thing to have come out of carrow rd in the last 10 years is the appointment of williams ,it seems that some one at the top knows what they are doing. 

I agree Herb, I was always a big supporter of Mike and I`d love to see him do it for us, but its been too long.....sadly

OTBC

PS What is he up to these days?

No way! Walker was great the first time he was here and he was awful at Everton and didn''t do anything for Norwich the second time he was in charge. He is a legend from his first spell as manager and he should have left it at that. We would be mad to reappoint him after being out of the game for so long! I would rather Worthy stayed in charge to be honest!

Yes, I would love Mike Walker back. We could always get Jock Stein, Bill Shankly, Bertie Mee, Bill Nicholson, Ken Brown, John Bond, Dave Stringer as coaching staff as well.

Managers going back to old clubs are like former boxers coming back in to the ring - living off former glories in the belief that they are able to be at a level where they previously were. Walkers "appointment" would be such a backward step. Although Chippy would always be welcome back!!!

we were dire in his second time here...remember WBA away (lost 5-1) followed by Port Vale 4 days later (lost 6-1) in the late 90''s?

He and Deehan worked superbly together but without each other they were lost.

You all seem to forget what happened the last time Walker managed the Canaries.

He inherited a good team, had a little success, and when the first opportunity came along he shot off to Everton.

He had a wonderful time there I seem to remember!

No - things have moved on, people older, etc. If he was the only replacement for Worthington, yes, but there must be others!

[quote user="budgie"]

You all seem to forget what happened the last time Walker managed the Canaries.

He inherited a good team, had a little success, and when the first opportunity came along he shot off to Everton.

He had a wonderful time there I seem to remember!

[/quote]It wasn''t quite as simple as that, he may never have left if it wasn''t for Robert Chase selling our best players and showing zero ambition, and to be fair finishing third in the premier league and then going on to knock Bayern Munich out of europe becoming the only english team to ever beat them in their own country is more than a litle success. Mike Walker is a legend and i''d have him back in an instant, but to be honest we''ve got a perfectly good manager in Nigel Wothington!

whoareyou? wrote: "we were dire in his second time here...remember WBA away lost 5-1 followed by Port Vale 4 days later lost 6-1 in the late 90''s?  He and Deehan worked superbly together but without each other they were lost"

Terrible games those, our squad had been destroyed in fairness...  I remember losing 4-2 at Luton and 3-0 at QPR after we had spent millions too...  terrible times for the club....

Well maybe he did a good job when he first came in the early ninety''s. But then he didn''t really do it for me when he returned so i''m a little unsure but i think he would come in handy as part of the management team or in some role.

Nope! As other people have said, i don''t want to go backwards! Probably employee him as a part-time coach and see how he does but no way as manager!