No McLean, No Sargent. Giannoulis back at LB and Gilmour and Cantwell in...can’t see it myself but I live in hope. I would be tempted to rest Pukki too, he looks exhausted but what options lef?, Idah just never looks like scoring even when he starts.

What we want and what we get will be very different!! With the very strange selection on Sat I really don't know, but, wouldn't be surprised if tzolis started in goal with leitner as the lone striker!!! 

• Haha 1

Krul

Aarons. Hanley Big Andy. Williams

Normann Sorenson 

Raschica. Lees Melou  Gilmour

Idah

We need two CDMs Mbeumo, Henry, Canos all love that bit of space in-front of a back 4. Rupp best of an average bunch to put alongside Normann, he's unspectacular but reliable, much more so than Kenny and will let Normann push on. He will also drop in if Giannoulis goes awol. If we were chasing the game then Gilmour on for Rupp into a more advanced central role. Kabak for Rupp if we are defending a lead.

PLM more energy than Dowell without the ball, but either or, neither are pulling up trees. If Tzolis is to start a game it may as well be against Champs level defenders.

Krul

Max  Omo Hanley Giannoulis

Normann  Rupp

Cantwell/Tzolis   PLM/Dowell  Rashica

Pukki

Krul

Aarons Omobamidele Hanley Williams

Kabak Normann

Cantwell    Gilmour     Rashica

Tzolis

I’d give that a whirl and thinking outside the box, play someone alongside Normann that’s strong with an engine who can get forward… Kabak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RugbyCanary said:

What we want and what we get will be very different!! With the very strange selection on Sat I really don't know, but, wouldn't be surprised if tzolis started in goal with leitner as the lone striker!!! 

McLean

McLean   McLean  McLean  McLean

McLean          McLean

McLean     McLean    McLean

Sargent

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Canaries north said:

I would like us to try 4231 just so we can put that to bed. It worked against lower level championship teams but not the better teams. Also as has been said many times we don't have an out and out DM to make that work. Sorry that is doom and gloom even for me.

Brentford have lost their goal keeper and since have looked weak at the back. We have to go for it. Tzolis hasn't looked great but he hasn't really had much of a chance. It's time for him to start in what ever formation we go for. Let's find a way to get the young attacking signings on the pitch. Win or lose I just want to see them given a chance to show us why we signed them. 

We played 4-2-3-1 when we soundly beat Brentford earlier this year. I seem to remember that we were really solid defensively and didn't give them a sniff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Petriix said:

We played 4-2-3-1 when we soundly beat Brentford earlier this year. I seem to remember that we were really solid defensively and didn't give them a sniff.

Correct, it was one of the only games we did win against the better teams but as said in my comment, can we play that formation without a recognised DM against better teams. Personally I don't think so. 

5 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

Correct, it was one of the only games we did win against the better teams but as said in my comment, can we play that formation without a recognised DM against better teams. Personally I don't think so. 

Personally I don't think we can do any worse than the 2 points and 3 goals in 10 games we've achieved since abandoning the 4-2-3-1. Lots of people assume that it cannot possibly work, but I don't see what we have to lose.

Oh, and I'm fairly sure we would have beaten Bournemouth without Giannoulis's red card.

Edited by Petriix

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

Personally I don't think we can do any worse than the 2 points and 3 goals in 10 games we've achieved since abandoning the 4-2-3-1. Lots of people assume that it cannot possibly work, but I don't see what we have to lose.

Oh, and I'm fairly sure we would have beaten Bournemouth without Giannoulis's red card.

Oh my god I'm all for trying it and yes it can't be any worse than the mess we are seeing. The problem for me is without anyone with the discipline to be a DM I worry, but hey why not. The red card obviously made a difference but our record against the better teams last season was poor. The better teams last season are the relegation favourites this season and I still wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 promoted teams go down. Sadly it looks like us bottom. 

I just hope we have learned a lesson that we should not build a team around a player on loan who can be called back to his money grabbing parent club if we do a good job and coach him, improve his game, increase his value and give him the experience that he would not have got at home.

The loan system nowadays stinks.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

McLean

McLean          McLean

Sargent

You've seen Farke's notes haven't you...

All depends how Hanley is if he is out then a back 4 comes into play

Krul

Aaron's, kabak, Omobamidele, Dimi

Sorenson, Norman,

Rashica, Gilmour, Tzolis

Pukki

This is very, very forward thinking but it would be great to have tzolis, rashica playing with freedom. Against a brentford team with injuries it could be the perfect time to get them having a go!

So many changes, it won't happen. 

If we want to be a bit tighter then PLM for Gilmour dropping back to a 4-3-3. With Tzolis and Dimi having previously Marshall the left side at PAOK can they do it for city

Again it won't happen, I just hope Pukki has creative players and direct players next to him. 

• Like 1

Given where we are I'd mix it up and give some of those who haven't had a chance a go. So:

Gunn

Aarons, Omobamidele, Hanley (or Gibson if not fit), Dimi

Sorensen Norman

Rashica, Cantwell, Tzolis

Pukki

It's all just conjecture but maybe Sorensen will have the discipline to sit in beside Norman with his more expansive play style. Rashica is right footed so give him a go on the right wing. 

Ultimately though Pukki needs service in order to score so we need to try and provide him with some.

• Like 1

Krul

Aarons Kabak AO Giannoulis

Sorenson Normann

Cantwell Gilmour Rashica

Idah

Rashica has shown he can cross and shoot. Pukki isn't a box player so Idah needs a chance to show if he is.

No square pegs in round holes...none of that nonsense selection we saw on sunday.

Best players in each position...

Krul

Aarons Hanley Kabak Williams

Normann    Lees-Melou

Gilmour

Rashica      Pukki       Cantwell

....should have played this side vs Leeds and I believe we certainly wouldnt have lost and would given ourselves a chance to win

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No square pegs in round holes...none of that nonsense selection we saw on sunday.

Best players in each position...

Krul

Aarons Hanley Kabak Williams

Normann    Lees-Melou

Gilmour

Rashica      Pukki       Cantwell

....should have played this side vs Leeds and I believe we certainly wouldnt have lost and would given ourselves a chance to win

That’s what I’d go with but might need to be Tzolis if Todd is still on naughty step.

go 2-0 up and then Rupp and Sorensen on to keep it tight

• Like 1

15 hours ago, For the future said:

Why not try the under 21 team as they would have a chance to win a game for Norwich as the first team have let the supporters down .

Because none of them are physically or mentally ready for senior football and you would end up causing more harm than good when they leave the pitch losing 14-0 

McLean plus 10 other players will be the lineup and I'll finally join the Farke out brigade is my prediction.

I hope for:-

Krul

Aarons 

Giann

Omo

Hanley

Normann

Gilmour

Tzolis

Rashica

Cantwell

Pukki

GK: Tim KRUL
LB: Dimitris GIANNOULIS
LCB: Andrew OMOBAMIDELE
RCB: Ozan KABAK (I've assumed Hanley's kept on the bench as a precaution to that twinge he had)
RB: Max AARONS
DCM: Jacob SÖRENSEN (why not give him a go, unless he has a Stiepermann problem with long Covid, otherwise Lees-Melou)
DCM: Mathias NORMANN
LAM: Todd CANTWELL
CAM: Billy GILMOUR (more CM than CAM, but one thing is sure, he cannot play DCM on his own)
RAM: Milot RASHICA
CF: Teemu PUKKI

Subs: Gunn (GK), Hanley, Williams, Lees-Melou, McLean, Rupp, Idah, Tzolis, Sargent

Can't see that team happening, Sörensen won't see the starting line-up and Cantwell may still be getting match fitness with the U21s if he's had a minor knock (didn't he have a bit of an Achilles issue?)

17 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

McLean

McLean          McLean

Sargent

..very good chance of a big mistake from McClean in that set up...!!!!!!😡

13 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Krul

Aarons Kabak AO Giannoulis

Sorenson Normann

Cantwell Gilmour Rashica

Idah

Rashica has shown he can cross and shoot. Pukki isn't a box player so Idah needs a chance to show if he is.

Sorry,just don't see anything in Idah at all. His performance against Liverpool in the cup game was beyond poor. The only goalscorer we have is Pukki,and his confidence is shot to bits and the turn around required to supply him with even a half chance is beyond this team at this moment in time.

• Like 1

Gunn 

Aarons.    Kabak.     Omabomadele.      Gianoulis 

Sorenson.     Normann 

Cantwell.              Gilmore.            Tzolis 

Rashica 

Worth a punt, surely?? 

Difficult to predict. Based a little bit on last week, but with a bit more cover on the left, I'll go for -

Krul

Kabak Hanley Omobamidele

Aarons   Normann     Mclean  Giannoulis

Gilmour  Rashica

Pukki

On 03/11/2021 at 07:58, cambridgeshire canary said:

What do we think of this?

team.png

That’s my choice, though I might change Hanley for Kabak, but can’t argue with this starting 11……. But I think we’ll go back to 5-3-2 Farke will take a point away.

14 minutes ago, Kuwait Canary said:

With the likelihood of no Sorenson or Cantwell being considered then this is my preferred side, and back to 4-2-3-1 for me 

BD80F8A9-5ECF-4542-9997-F7E8A2A4A7FE.jpeg

This line up is as good as it gets

2-1 Norwich City.