Sign in to follow this  
BigGrantsTash

It was the same with Neil.

I see the majority of those who are adamant Farke should be kept and is the best man for the job are the people who said exactly the same when this was all going on with Alex Neil. 

You said fans were clueless for wanting Neil out. He was the next Alex Ferguson. He was the best we could get. We would go backwards once he was gone etc. 

He was sacked. Much to your disapproval and replaced by the man you now say is the Greatest NCFC manager ever.

So, do the Neil inners admit they were wrong? Were the Neil outers right all along? Presumably so as you think we’re in a much better position now.

With that being said. What makes you think you can’t be wrong again?

• Like 3

Neil = not performing in the Championship.

Farke = not performing in the Premier League.

Neil = half a season taking us from 7th to 3rd

Farke = two Championship titles.

They're not the same situation. Farke has earned loyalty from the fans in my book. Having said that, the start has been abysmal and his inability to see that Kenny McLean is a bad footballer does mean even my patience is wearing thin.

9 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Neil = half a season taking us from 7th to 3rd

Farke = two Championship titles.

They're not the same situation. Farke has earned loyalty from the fans in my book. Having said that, the start has been abysmal and his inability to see that Kenny McLean is a bad footballer does mean even my patience is wearing thin.

My point was more to do with the fact I’m seeing it’s the same people calling for Farke to stay that were calling for Neil to stay. They said fans were clueless for wanting him gone. He was the best we would ever have. We will only go backwards after Neil etc. They were wrong.

Why can’t they be wrong again?

2 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

My point was more to do with the fact I’m seeing it’s the same people calling for Farke to stay that were calling for Neil to stay. They said fans were clueless for wanting him gone. He was the best we would ever have. We will only go backwards after Neil etc. They were wrong.

Agreed - the fact is these people are likely to be proved wrong but can't bring themselves to admit it. 35 out of 48 would never be tolerated anywhere other than at 'little old Norwich'    

5 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Okay - I see your point. I wanted Neil gone but I dont want Farke gone... some people never want to part with a manager (I'm not one of those).

Farke doesnt have infinite time if it continues like this but we've just had one of our best ever seasons, we shouldnt bin him 10 games later. Although aforementioned McLean blind spot is infuriating. 

Forgot to quote yours...

7 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Yes, a certain cork hat wearing poster has said the same thing about every manager I can remember (Neil, Adams, Hughton and even once said Gunn should have been given more time). At some point you just have to conclude that they will always back the status quo whatever it may be.

• Like 1

Every fired manager hits a point where it's over.

Worthington did in October 2005, when we lost three on the bounce to inept opposition. We set ourselves back at least 5 years and took ourselves towards administration by keeping him for another wasted year, culminating in open mutiny v Burnley.

Gunn did at Charlton. We kept him on regardless. 

Hughton did at Man City. We kept him on regardless, culminating in open mutiny v West Brom.

Neil did at Brighton. We kept him on regardless, blowing our parachute payments and imperilling our entire future.

Farke did at Chelsea. And if we don't sack him during the international break, we'll just be doing it yet again. Delaying the inevitable and poisoning the fanbase for no good reason and only bad ones.

Edited by thebigfeller
  • Like 6

We either accept relegation now and stick with Farke and go again next season or we try and get out of this mess with another manager

its not an easy decision either way 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigGrantsTash said:

I see the majority of those who are adamant Farke should be kept and is the best man for the job are the people who said exactly the same when this was all going on with Alex Neil. 

You said fans were clueless for wanting Neil out. He was the next Alex Ferguson. He was the best we could get. We would go backwards once he was gone etc. 

He was sacked. Much to your disapproval and replaced by the man you now say is the Greatest NCFC manager ever.

So, do the Neil inners admit they were wrong? Were the Neil outers right all along? Presumably so as you think we’re in a much better position now.

With that being said. What makes you think you can’t be wrong again?

Wow, that's a big statement to make. Apart from LDC, have you kept a list of who said what?

I mean its been the same with every manager. Whilst Neil worked out (although not really directly, took an entire structural and footballing change from the top down), sacking Worthington / Hughton invariably didnt. Sacking Gun  went perfectly.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean its been the same with every manager. Whilst Neil worked out (although not really directly, took an entire structural and footballing change from the top down), sacking Worthington / Hughton invariably didnt. Sacking Gun  went perfectly.

I would say just because the club got the subsequent hire wrong, it doesn't mean keeping the existing manager was right. If we'd just have stuck with Worthington for example I have no doubt we'd have eventually ended up in League One. 

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I would say just because the club got the subsequent hire wrong, it doesn't mean keeping the existing manager was right. If we'd just have stuck with Worthington for example I have no doubt we'd have eventually ended up in League One. 

I agree, its just some underestimate how hard it is to get a good manager that's the right fit in. Its why the "anyone could do better" brigade are just as frustrating as those who never want to see a change.

Its disappointing for us that we have got to this point. I think the overwhelming majority of us would have to say we are not looking forward to what is getting closer to the inevitable.

I said earlier that we have had some good guys as managers and that makes it all the more harder to accept when they are sacked. But in reality we know that it is the right thing to do and the people sacked know its part of the game. We may well end up with a coach who has been sacked, maybe more than once.

Under this board, theres been only a handfall of times that they've acted swiftly...most of the time when we have changed manager, the decision was made for them  ...i.e Peter Grant resiging or McNally stepping in to remove Gunn and replace with Lambert.

The vast majority of the time they've only acted when the fans have turned vocally at games.

Unlike previous managers , the fans really really want things to work for Farke , which is to date why there have been no calls for his head at games.

It really shouldnt have to come to that for the board to act...we would instead hope that they would make what is the correct decision by standing him down through their own diligence and professionalism and responsibility that they have for the club

.....but clearly they won't...again....and its up to the fans, again to force the issue home

Its a shame its come to this but this bunch of negligent bast*rds in charge ,with their heads in the sand,have left us with little choice and it didnt have to be this way

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

To be fair Alex Neil delivered 9 wins in the prem - almost double Farke has so far and that's including 10 additional games this season. 

Appreciate that the reason that people wanted him to go due to the championship season that followed, but the same will be true of Farke.  Without Emi/Pukki combination he will struggle majorly, as Alex did without Redmond who got us promotion.

Edited by Google Bot

The club back Managers who have done well Farke, Neil and Worthy all got/getting more time than they might have at other clubs. Is this such a bad thing? 

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

To be fair Alex Neil delivered 9 wins in the prem - almost double Farke has so far and that's including 10 additional games this season. 

Appreciate that the reason that people wanted him to go due to the championship season that followed, but the same will be true of Farke.  Without Emi/Pukki combination he will struggle majorly, as Alex did without Redmond who got us promotion.

We dont know that yet but we'll get to see next season probably! 

2 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

The club back Managers who have done well Farke, Neil and Worthy all got/getting more time than they might have at other clubs. Is this such a bad thing? 

Exactly this, the end of 'project restart' was a complete Disaster, but to be fair to Farke he dusted himself down and got the lads going again to bring home a second title, he's done enough to deserve time. The question will always be how much time though? 10 games in and virtually nothing to show for it

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

I agree, its just some underestimate how hard it is to get a good manager that's the right fit in. Its why the "anyone could do better" brigade are just as frustrating as those who never want to see a change.

Normally I'd agree but in all honesty our current record is so bad it is tough to picture someone doing worse.

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Nine wins. Can really feel how starved of anything we have become in the PL under Farke. How on earth did we win nine entire games and not stay up, I'd expect that to be close to mid-table form surely?! 

I've already answered this somewhere else, but I'll admit to being a keep them on person.  To my mind some fans are too quick to jump on the "get rid" bandwagon. 

I thought Gunn had shot his bolt, but would have supported the club if they had chosen to keep him on - the idea had been good in making a dream team of manager/coaches (even if the idea didn't work out) - and Ian Crook would have been a good coach to have at the club within  that.

I thought that Hughton should have been allowed to carry on and had supporters not forced it, he could have been the ideal choice to have in the championship.  I thought DS and MJW intended that, but lost their nerve with five games to go.  It worked out ok, but still I think Hughton would have got us back too.

Neil I thought lost his way in the PL (as most managers of our type of club do sooner or later) and imo couldn't assert authority over the players in the end - BUT - he would imo have been a good one to clear out the old brigade and rebuild. Again history says it worked out alright for us in sacking him, but no-one knows what he might have been able to do, given the opportunity.

The jury is still out for Farke imo, he still has the players as far as I can tell and it was a close match on Sunday. If he clearly has lost control over the players, then it is a similar thing as Neil - but as I say, that doesn't look the case to me and as long as we look competitive, then he has imo the strength of character to see this through, perhaps more than any of the above managers. 

I have more respect for this manager than any of the managers since I have started watching us, including Brown and Stringer who I thought were fantastic in their humility in managing the club. Marvellous people, but Farke is a special character imo - and what he has achieved on a limited budget compared to other clubs, is incredible. 

I won't sit here and pretend he can carry on with never winning a match, but he does imo deserve a bit more time to develop the team  - and lets be clear, if he can turn it round from this point, then he will be a superstar.

I have always thought and wanted - and I am positive DS and MJW have always wanted this -  a long term manager that stays the course - which means putting up with the ups and downs of what happens. The Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger of Norwich, if you like.  Farke has the qualities to be that imo, it might seem terrible at the moment, but if he is the man I think he is, he will find a way through it.

Edited by lake district canary

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

To my mind some fans are too quick to jump on the "get rid" bandwagon. 

In what world is 5 wins from 48 matches considered too early? 

Picking up a single win in 5 "must win" matches against fellow promoted teams, is that really "too quick"?  I'd say there's strong factual evidence to support people wanting a change. 

So don't be thinking that people of the "get rid" mindset are doing it without reason or thought.  The far bigger counter argument is that by holding on to false hope you will only do more damage to the club and manager who's reputation I'd rather not see so tarnished and dragged through this for the full season.

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

In what world is 5 wins from 48 matches considered too early? 

Picking up a single win in 5 "must win" matches against fellow promoted teams, is that really "too quick"?  I'd say there's strong factual evidence to support people wanting a change. 

So don't be thinking that people of the "get rid" mindset are doing it without reason or thought.  The far bigger counter argument is that by holding on to false hope you will only do more damage to the club and manager who's reputation I'd rather not see so tarnished and dragged through this for the full season.

Let's get the perspective on this right, shall we. It's a record breaking season followed by a team rebuild and a start to a season that no-one would envisage we would get that many points from. Yes, it's worse than we would like, but circumstances are often out of our control - the truncated pre-season for one thing.

How DF was supposed to build a team with so many new and young players in the time he has had available with them, in the face of an unforgiving Premier League, I don't know.

He always was going to need time - anyone would, given the circumstances - yet people are going on about a season that was the strangest and difficult in history - a season where we had so many injuries and interuptions that no conclusions should be drawn. That lockdown season was beyond belief and the injuries and pandemic sucked any momentum we had right out.

Perspective is all important.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I thought Gunn had shot his bolt, but would have supported the club if they had chosen to keep him on

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

I'm sorry, but that's all a comment like that deserves. Unreal.

And no, the idea hadn't been "good". The idea, confirmed by Munby the day we got relegated, was: "These guys bleed green and yellow! This will magically make all the difference!" 

Last time I checked, Roger, we all bleed red. 

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Let's get the perspective on this right, shall we. It's a record breaking season followed by a team rebuild and a start to a season that no-one would envisage we would get that many points from. Yes, it's worse than we would like, but circumstances are often out of our control - the truncated pre-season for one thing.

How DF was supposed to build a team with so many new and young players in the time he has had available with them, in the face of an unforgiving Premier League, I don't know.

He always was going to need time - anyone would, given the circumstances - yet people are going on about a season that was the strangest and difficult in history - a season where we had so many injuries and interuptions that no conclusions should be drawn. That lockdown season was beyond belief and the injuries and pandemic sucked any momentum we had right out.

Presumably Farke agreed to the rebuild and the type of player we would bring in? I doubt Stuart Webber just went shopping without a list and Farkes been asked to make the best of what he’s been given.

I don’t think you are giving supporters enough credit, they have put the last two premiership seasons into perspective. However there comes a point where it all just looks like excuses.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

And so is objective critique.

You don't keep employing staff with a 10% attendance record cause they have nice eyes and never missed a days work at the local market.  It's bad for business, and hits the workforce as a whole to endure. 

We've got a defeated squad and the cream will want away as early as January.  Of course, you're too blinded with hope to even appreciate the damage this could cause.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He always was going to need time - anyone would, given the circumstances

48 Games, 5 wins - there's your time.  Or perhaps 5 in 60 is where you draw the line? 

Truth is, you probably don't actually know what you mean by 'time'.  It's simply your way of waiting till the weekend incase we pick up a result.  Rinse, Repeat etc.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Presumably Farke agreed to the rebuild and the type of player we would bring in? I doubt Stuart Webber just went shopping without a list and Farkes been asked to make the best of what he’s been given.

I don’t think you are giving supporters enough credit, they have put the last two premiership seasons into perspective. However there comes a point where it all just looks like excuses.

There in lies the problem - many don't seem to have put any perspective on it, just looked at it in black and white. I'm not going to go into all the problems that season, but this season is very different from that one in so many ways, they are incomparable - and it totally ignores the magnificent way the losing mentality was swiftly changed to a winning one last season.  Media love to focus on the PL and it seems do our fans, seemingly thinking the championship was...."oh well, that was just the championship" as if it was easy.