Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Who thinks Farke genuinely WANTS to manage us next season?

All this talk of should he stay, should he go.

Anyone considered he'll start his 5th year at the club and face a third cycle of championship campaign, only this time with potentially a less capable/unified squad.  We may never develop a provider/scorer combo like Emi/Pukki to take into next season.

Furthermore, Webber is sure to be gone so a period of instability particularly if the new director has a different mindset.  Not to mention Webber looking at us to scalp.

Add into that the two other teams that drop with us aren't going to be push overs based on the strength of all teams in this league, there's money clubs developing further in the championship too.

It's my feeling that he's out the door no matter what.  What could possibly drive him into wanting to go through all this again when it's going to be so much harder?  What has he got to achieve if it wasn't survival this season?

All roads appear to lead in the same direction to me, just the method of transport differs.

I think he wants to manage us on Saturday. Let's hope things take a turn for the better from there. That would still be the best outcome.

• Like 2

Farke has just signed a lucrative 4 year contract. He may not be able to coach a Premiership team but he is no fool. He will be here next season unless pushed.

He’s signed a long term contract and he’ll be the best candidate to get us back up, in my opinion.

Issues not the championship but to build on the youth next year, I don’t think our squad is strong enough in key areas for top flight, but more than adequate for the championship.

44 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Furthermore, Webber is sure to be gone

It actually looks a bit off that doesn't it, Webber giving his man a 4 year deal just before jumping ship. Bit of a Matt Hancock special. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:
47 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Furthermore, Webber is sure to be gone

It actually looks a bit off that doesn't it, Webber giving his man a 4 year deal just before jumping ship. Bit of a Matt Hancock special. 

Not necessarily going. He has not ruled out staying since his statements quite a long time ago that he would leave at the end of this season - he's been cagey about that since then.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not necessarily going. He has not ruled out staying since his statements quite a long time ago that he would leave at the end of this season - he's been cagey about that since then.

You mean he said it because of an arrogant belief that he was about three years away from being able to get a job at a big club and not needing little old Norwich again, but is backtracking now that he realises his stock is low after a record high transfer spend has us on course for a record low points haul. 

Not just a record low for us as a club either I'm afraid, but record low in the Premier League. 

We should hold him to it. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Liverpool are looking for a DOF. German manager too! He will jump at the chance and has connections there already. The Stowmarket two are not fools, and the promotion handed to Neil Adams last week (assistant DOF)  has been done for a reason!

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You mean he said it because of an arrogant belief that he was about three years away from being able to get a job at a big club and not needing little old Norwich again, but is backtracking now that he realises his stock is low after a record high transfer spend has us on course for a record low points haul.

I think he will stand by the club and stand by Farke.  There are all sorts of possible scenarios - if the board say they want Farke out, webber could even stand his ground and might even say - if he goes, I go.     

Too many imponderables around the situation and possible upheaval and acrimony to the point any new appointment would be toxic. Best scenario imo is that he and farke stay and battle it out.

Webber has hinted pretty firmly that there will be an announcement on a rolling contract for him in the international break.

Farke has had offers to move on before and has turned them down - he again has stated that he has never broken a contract and never will. I think it is likely that we have given him a contract for 4 years because we wanted him to stay for 4 years.

I have no doubt at all that he will stay for that period. Everyone wanting him to be dismissed is barking up the wrong tree. It's more likely that we will get him someone as a new number 2 to give him more help.

Thank God next week is the international break. I never say this normally as it’s just boring, but at least I won’t have to wake up that day worrying about another Norwich loss and another step closer to the drop, let alone breaking another unwanted record.

As for Farke…. well, I think he’s quite happy to stay, just as long as the board don’t sack him. There’s no ambition or drive with him when it comes to this league.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I think he wants to manage us on Saturday. Let's hope things take a turn for the better from there. That would still be the best outcome.

Yes, but I think he needs more than one win to get a majority of fans back on board. He needs a run of wins, or a long unbeaten run.

The big argument is the lack of wins. So a win or two will put that to bed and then it is just a case of battling as well as we can for points the rest of the season and see where it gets us. As long as there is progress, I can't see why he would want to leave.....but he has to get over the present hurdle fitst!

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The big argument is the lack of wins. So a win or two will put that to bed

And there in lies the problem……. A win or two (TWO?) Geez

37 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Yes, but I think he needs more than one win to get a majority of fans back on board. He needs a run of wins, or a long unbeaten run.

You could be right. I remember Worthy winning five on the bounce and then finishing ninth and that wasn't enough to get the majority of outers back on board.

But maybe lessons were learnt. Because it was five years and four managers before we were that high again.

I think if Farke's team had an upturn of form the fans would jump back on board straight away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You could be right. I remember Worthy winning five on the bounce and then finishing ninth and that wasn't enough to get the majority of outers back on board.

But maybe lessons were learnt. Because it was five years and four managers before we were that high again.

I think if Farke's team had an upturn of form the fans would jump back on board straight away.

Nutty for me a Run of wins and we miss out then fair enough he did everything 

i can not see it though sadly for Fake as for does he wan to stay 

i think he is Trying  but something is seriously Wrong somewhere i think 

2 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Liverpool are looking for a DOF. German manager too! He will jump at the chance and has connections there already. The Stowmarket two are not fools, and the promotion handed to Neil Adams last week (assistant DOF)  has been done for a reason!

Stuart Webber has as much chance of becoming the Liverpool DOF as I do

• Haha 1