Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Klopp wants to be alone on a desert island with Farke..😳

Says it all really.  Should really be looking at the long term view not the short term. Really need everyone to get behind him and stop looking for someone to blame - we all know that the issues are not just to do with him - the lack of money being the obvious one.  We are struggling, no doubt, but in Farke we have a special character and who - if anyone can - will get us up and running again. And yes I know the team are struggling.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Says it all really.  Should really be looking at the long term view not the short term. Really need everyone to get behind him and stop looking for someone to blame - we all know that the issues are not just to do with him - the lack of money being the obvious one.  We are struggling, no doubt, but in Farke we have a special character and who - if anyone can - will get us up and running again. And yes I know the team are struggling.

When you say long term view. Do you mean back in the championship 🤔 I understand its not all Farkes fault but this is the life of a manager these days. Your correct the team are struggling and that can only be put right by for sure playing your best players . For sure Farke is a special character and I want him to turn it round . I'm just bemused at what's been put on the park . 

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I won't shut up until the situation is resolved with either DF getting a win or two - or the vultures getting their way.  Hopefully the former as it is in much better interests for our club if Daniel starts getting a bit of success with the team, rather than changing him for an unknown quantity. 

• Like 2

Look, Farke is running out of time here and may not have long left if results continue as diabolical as they have been.

But make no mistake, he'll still be very highly regarded in football - he'll land a Bundesliga job without problem. 

56 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I want to be on a desert Island with Kylie but I'd not have her running my football club. He needs to go.. end of.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Look, Farke is running out of time here and may not have long left if results continue as diabolical as they have been.

But make no mistake, he'll still be very highly regarded in football - he'll land a Bundesliga job without problem. 

With his record on top flight football I disagree, but I’d love to know what you base your thoughts on?

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He’s the new David Wagner. Did okay at Huddersfield, couldn’t hack it at Schalke and now is stuck in Switzerland 

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

With his record on top flight football I disagree, but I’d love to know what you base your thoughts on?

On the way he's spoken about by every neutral football expert / pundit / manager / chief exec and especially how he's regarded over in Germany. Anyway, if it goes as badly as people predict on here he'll be gone soon and we'll soon see, won't we?

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

On the way he's spoken about by every neutral football expert / pundit / manager / chief exec and especially how he's regarded over in Germany. Anyway, if it goes as badly as people predict on here he'll be gone soon and we'll soon see, won't we?

And you place those opinions above the tactical expertise of the average Pink 'Un user? 

Seems off to me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

And you place those opinions above the tactical expertise of the average Pink 'Un user? 

Seems off to me.

To be fair, the likes of Klopp and Pep have nothing on Jasper from down the allotments. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I want him to be successful but 5 wins in 48 premiership games is unfortunately not acceptable for any club. If there was improvements or progress .. great but there is not. he has been badly let done by Webber & those players we have paid a lot of money for. I just don't get his thinking at the moment or his team selections. The board need to act now to spare him the unhappiness that is growing with every game. It's going to get really nasty I fear, and we should at least show him the dignity of sparing him that....

He maybe better suited to the German top flight but he doesn't seem to be able to do it here with the resources we give him.

33 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I won't shut up until the situation is resolved with either DF getting a win or two - or the vultures getting their way.  Hopefully the former as it is in much better interests for our club if Daniel starts getting a bit of success with the team, rather than changing him for an unknown quantity. 

If we lose to Brentford will you still be saying give him more time ? 

i have spoke to you on the forum 10 years ?

i dont think i have ever heard you say when was the right time to sack a manager 

you can not reward failure if he can not do the job we need him to do in the PL he needs sacking 

Problem is there is an increasing number who think he should be on a desert island, right now. It's starting to get in the way a bit now when we should be concentrating on winning football matches.

Edited by Capt. Pants

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Problem is there is an increasing number who think he should be on a dessert island, right now. It's starting to get in the way a bit now when we should be concentrating on winning football matches.

Maybe the Island of Pavlova?

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Interested to know. What if we didn’t win a game all season. I honestly feel it could happen. I believe we look that short of quality.

what would your opinion be then. It’s not and argument of whether or not it will happen. I am interested to know if you would still back the manager if it does. 

For me, as long as we show improvement through the season, then I would be happy to keep him on. That inevitably means we would have to win at least some games.  So yes, there comes a point when I would say enough is enough if no wins, but not yet. I expect a gradual improvement.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

For me, as long as we show improvement through the season, then I would be happy to keep him on. That inevitably means we would have to win at least some games.  So yes, there comes a point when I would say enough is enough if no wins, but not yet. I expect a gradual improvement.

Fair play. 

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Can you remember when this was happening with Alex Neil LDC? 

Lots of fans were calling for his head but you were vociferous in your defence of him and your belief we had to keep him. You claimed he was the best we could hope for. We needed to keep him for the long term. Things would go down hill after he was gone etc… 

You were adamant fans were wrong in wanting him gone. Anyway, luckily the club disagreed with you and replaced him with Farke. You now believe Farke is the greatest manager Norwich have had, yet if you would have had it your way he would never managed here.

Do you believe you were wrong with what you said regards Neil? If so why can’t you be wrong again? Or do you still believe Alex Neil would be doing better than Farke?

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Bookmarking this for when we've got to May with no wins and you're spouting how we should give him the Championship season to turn it round. 

10 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Lots of fans were calling for his head but you were vociferous in your defence of him and your belief we had to keep him. You claimed he was the best we could hope for. We needed to keep him for the long term. Things would go down hill after he was gone etc… 

You were adamant fans were wrong in wanting him gone. Anyway, luckily the club disagreed with you and replaced him with Farke. You now believe Farke is the greatest manager Norwich have had, yet if you would have had it your way he would never managed here.

Do you believe you were wrong with what you said regards Neil? If so why can’t you be wrong again? Or do you still believe Alex Neil would be doing better than Farke?

Alex Neil was under-performing at a level down though.

2 hours ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Lots of fans were calling for his head but you were vociferous in your defence of him and your belief we had to keep him. You claimed he was the best we could hope for. We needed to keep him for the long term. Things would go down hill after he was gone etc…You were adamant fans were wrong in wanting him gone. Anyway, luckily the club disagreed with you and replaced him with Farke. You now believe Farke is the greatest manager Norwich have had, yet if you would have had it your way he would never managed here.

I think Neil could have done a good job rebuilding and if the club had decided to keep him, I would have been ok with that, but Farke for me is a level up on Neil, a way more intelligent and deep thinking man in the way he rebuillt and constructed an identity and way of playing that transcended anything his predecessors did.  So yes, I would have been happy for Neil to be shown the confidence to carry on, but of course I wouldn't swap Farke for anyone. Very, very few men could have the impact on our club that he has had imo. Yes, he is finding the PL a struggle, but I would back him to find a way through it if anyone can. After all, we all know the club is doing this on minimal resources so would anyone else do any better? I would be very surprised if we could find another manager the calibre of Farke, so in my mind, better to let him carry on. 

I have accepted whatever happens this season.  We will either stay in the league or we will be relegated. I'm not hung up on staying in the PL if we are not good enough, what is the point in getting hung up about it? The most important thing - and what will happen imo, is that we will gradually improve over the next few weeks and start picking up more points. To me that is all that matters - to improve - and not worry about the outcome.  Improve and it may give us a chance to stay in the league and even if we don't stay up, at least improving the team and developing it will help us for the following season.

20 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If we cant geth a new manager that truly can do miracles (like Kjetil Knutsen and his team) then I dont see the point in leting Farke go.

Farke is a ok manager. Im strugling to see a manager that can save this season. 

Farke is good inn the championship. He is on a exepensive 4 years contract.