Pugin

Jack Reeve - Talk Norwich City

19 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I would guess it simply comes down to whether you agree with their views or not, rather than an age issue. If you look at the support for them on here then it’s generally from people that are in agreement of their views, and those that don’t agree aren’t fans of theirs, that’s how it looks to me. I don’t see why anybody should feel forced into views on them either way - I’ve liked some of the podcasts with opposition fans that Chris does, but my own personal choice is the Pink’un lads and Michael Bailey’s podcasts as you get what I’m far more interested in, and that is a very balanced view rather than crazy extremes either way.

Or, views from the fence...

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Or, views from the fence...

If you mean that Paddy, Dave and Connor report things as factually as possible without histrionics so you can make your own mind up, then I agree. 

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

If you mean that Paddy, Dave and Connor report things as factually as possible without histrionics so you can make your own mind up, then I agree. 

I think that is the clear difference between 'proper' sports journalism and the new school 'fan tv' that is prevalent across football. Bailey and the Archant crew have a job as impartial observers to a certain extent, although they will naturally lean towards tempering criticism of the club due to a need for continued access. The Reeve brothers are supposed to more reflect the fan experience which is far more extreme in both the good times and the bad and obviously have less of a concern with keeping their club access as they don't go the pressers or regularly speak to players and managers.

Personally I find the Fan TV stuff all a bit naff (although the Reeves have nothing on the histrionics you see on the bigger clubs fan channels) but there is clearly a market for it, just as there is a market for people who subscribe to the Athletic for a more' thoughtful' approach to sports coverage. I'm definitely more in the latter but I think the people who really don't like TNC have to accept this is part of sports media nowadays and just ignore it. 

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think that is the clear difference between 'proper' sports journalism and the new school 'fan tv' that is prevalent across football. Bailey and the Archant crew have a job as impartial observers to a certain extent, although they will naturally lean towards tempering criticism of the club due to a need for continued access. The Reeve brothers are supposed to more reflect the fan experience which is far more extreme in both the good times and the bad and obviously have less of a concern with keeping their club access as they don't go the pressers or regularly speak to players and managers.

Personally I find the Fan TV stuff all a bit naff (although the Reeves have nothing on the histrionics you see on the bigger clubs fan channels) but there is clearly a market for it, just as there is a market for people who subscribe to the Athletic for a more' thoughtful' approach to sports coverage. I'm definitely more in the latter but I think the people who really don't like TNC have to accept this is part of sports media nowadays and just ignore it. 

Decent post KC, summed up well. The Athletic is an excellent publication (which I subscribe to), and like yourself, that’s just far more my thing. I’m sure there’s plenty of good things on the Reeves boys channel but as you pointed out it attracts a certain niche, and it’s just not for me. Each to their own as they say!

Jack's okay. Chris is irritating. Paddy Davitt is dreadful. Conor Southwell and Michael Bailey are the pick of the bunch when it comes to people covering NCFC.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Just a point of order kc they are not brothers, in fact not even related.

Can I just point out that Connor Southwell came in for an awful lot of stick on this message board when he was introduced, and now he seems to be one of the best bright young sports journalists out there?

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Can I just point out that Connor Southwell came in for an awful lot of stick on this message board when he was introduced, and now he seems to be one of the best bright young sports journalists out there?

Has improved his game to be fair to him. Used to be wordy beyond belief, but he's refining his style well.

I like Connor. One of the older chaps needs to take him to one side and induct him into the arcane world of the apostrophe and he'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

He certainly did CW, but in all fairness I think he’s done very well since that early error of judgement regarding the Farke incident.

I quite Jack and Chris’s stuff. I don’t see it as meaning to be especially serious or groundbreaking journalism, more just fans talking about football.

28 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just a point of order kc they are not brothers, in fact not even related.

Huh, well, you learn something new everyday. Shows how much I watch them.